PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most agencies have radio capabilities that they never bother to learn nor use. Here's a cop discussing frequency scan on Motorola APX 6000...

...like Beaver County and prolly all the other locals.
Reading the footnotes near the end of the above Senate Report...

Radio log for PD Ops 3 = BTPD Patrolmen
Radio log for PD Ops 4 = ESUs including local snipers
Radio log for Sheriff’s Channel

They should have all been hearing each other in real time. They didn't. Notwithstanding this incompetence, the Butler ESU Commander (in command post) either does know how to scan or more likely sat in front of three freaking radios.

Butler ESU Commander GOOD:
He passed on info about roof, that made its way to some of USSS, so why was the protectee left exposed? (FWIW USSS spox had earlier denied any USSS knew in time)

Butler ESU Commander BAD:
If the Committee's interview with the local sniper is accurate, then the Butler ESU Commander forgot to pass that info to the local snipers! (Also, the undercover PSPs had gone all the way to Sheetz looking for Crooks and apparently had only made it back to AGR seconds before the crime. Also, even more other details got messed up).

The Butler ESU Commander will be one of the witnesses at the House Task Force Hearing tomorrow.

Last edited:
<SBM for focus>

The USSS counter sniper told the Committee that while seeing officers with their guns drawn ‘elevated’ the threat level, the thought to notify someone to get Trump off the stage ‘did not cross [his] mind.

Incredible.
Makes you wonder if he was in on it or if he’s just brainless. Both options are equally bad. imo

The Senate Committee staff got site photos on July 26...

Another thing of note in the Senate report we're all discussing is AGR Sniper went downstairs at least twice before the crime, as follows...

Shortly after 5:38 pm
An AGR Sniper went downstairs to the exit of the AGR building in an attempt to keep track of Crooks.

Approx. 6:06 - 6:10 pm
The Beaver County ESU sniper...went downstairs to the AGR exit to meet the law enforcement officers..."to let them know suspect is around building on side of fairgrounds."

The Senate Committee interviewed Beaver County ESU twice, once before and once after Rowe's famous photo of the AGR roof from window.

It would of course be proper to take this report, and to take the two interviews at face value. IMO however, it's extremely consistent with the notion that stories have changed, sorry.

[/i]

ADMIN NOTE:

Members need to read Announcements by the management of Websleuths.

Tricia posted the following Announcement last year:

Members who post Fox News in violation of the above Announcement may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

On now

From @Elley Mae link which has transcripts in all caps...

Butler ESU Commander
AS MORE AND MORE PEOPLE STARTED TO ARRIVE, IT SEEMED THAT CELL PHONE COMMUNICATION STARTED TO FAIL. I DO HAVE MY CELL SERVICE THROUGH FIRST NET SO THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RALLY I WAS ABLE TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND SEND MESSAGES.

Rep. Jared Moskowitz
FOLLOWING THE COMMUNICATION FAILURES ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2001, THE 9/11 COMMISSION RECOMMENDED THE CREATION OF A NATIONWIDE COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK THAT WOULD INCLUDE PRIORITY AND PREEMPTION CAPABILITIES FOR OUR FIRST RESPONDERS, FIRST NET WITH AT&T, FRONT LINE WAS VERIZON AND THOSE PLANS ALLOW PRIORITY FOR FIRST RESPONDERS TO PREVENT THAT SORT OF THING.

Butler ESU Commander
MINE IS MY PERSONAL PHONE I SET UP THROUGH FIRST NET [PAID FOR BY MYSELF].

This explains why the Local LEO 1 in my long post with must-watch video below had no problems calling except to the local snipers. His phone is set up through FIRST NET. The only calls that failed were when the receiver of the call was on-site AND lacked FIRST NET. Conclusion: the local snipers lacked FIRST NET.

Thank you @Elley Mae, part of the article you linked alludes to the Hercules (barn rooftop) snipers being within shouting distance to the (stage) protective detail. And I have more interpretation and opinion about Local Leo 1 being within shouting distance of Sniper Nicol and/or his partner inside AGR.

"[shooter] was right above my head when he got greased...well, [I was] behind the [points to 2-story AGR] building," says Local LEO 1.

Remember, before shots fired the rallygoers were shouting to him and some were saying if he can't see the rooftop man with gun then he would be able to if only he would stand where the rallygoers were standing. I'm of the opinion that he believed them but expected immediate action any second now from the 2nd floor. And then IMO he went toward the NW corner of the 2-story building, cuz maybe Sniper Nicol was looking out one of the North-facing windows and he could get his attention.

My opinion is he even tried the NW corner door. My opinion is that the old story about one of the local snipers accidentally being locked out was erroneous, but maybe Local LEO 1 had a keycard he thought might work on that door but didn't.

BTW the audio that goes with his bodycam reveals that he's the 1305 that we hear on the radio. My opinion is when he asked over the radio for the number inside (Sniper Nicol or his partner's cell phone number), conversely it indirectly reveals that (Beaver County) Sniper Nicol and the other local sniper never heard the (Butler Township) radio words like "man on roof" and "gun".

Code:
https://youtu.be/iVuTcjxBB6U?t=498
"[Cell service] still terrible," says 1305.

"You want me to see if I can get you [patched thru via] Command Post from Butler or from Beaver County."

My opinion is they're trying and failing multiple ways, still unable to communicate with the Butler County / Beaver County local sniper(s) inside except when the local sniper(s) are outside.

From @Elley Mae link...

Butler ESU Commander
I WAS AWARE THROUGH RADIO TRAFFIC THAT THERE WAS SOMEBODY ON THE ROOF AND ALSO THAT HE WAS ARMED. THE FIRST REPORT THAT THERE WAS SOMEBODY ON THE ROOF CAME ON A DIFFERENT RADIO CHANNEL THAN THE TACTICAL UNITS WERE OPERATING WHICH WOULD BE PD-OPS 3. THAT TRANSMISSION AT 18:08:20, SOMEBODY'S ON THE ROOF. AT 18:09 I MADE A PHONE CALL TO P.S.P. SERGEANT IN THE SECRET SERVICE COMMAND CENTER AND RELAYED THE INFORMATION THAT THERE WAS A SUSPECT ON THE ROOF OF THE A.G.R. BUILDING.

THERE WAS SOME ADDITIONAL RADIO TRAFFIC FROM THE BUTLER TOWNSHIP POLICE UNITS AND AT 18:11:03 ON THAT PD-OPS 3 CHANNEL, NOT THE CHANNEL THE TACTICAL OPS WERE OPERATING, HE IS ARMED. HE SAYS, I SEE HIM, HE'S LAYING DOWN AND HE HAS A LONG GUN. SO MY ACTIONS FOR THAT AT THAT POINT, THE GENTLEMAN ON THE ROOF CLEARLY IS A THREAT. AND I RADIOED TO OUR QUICK REACTION FORCE TO DEPLOY THEM TO THE A.G.R. COMPLEX TO BEGIN TO ADDRESS THAT THREAT. PRIOR TO ME FINISHING THAT RADIO TRANSMISSION, YOU CAN HEAR THE SHOTS BEING FIRED THROUGH MY OPEN MICROPHONE.

As I emphasized yesterday (below), please look what's missing. The Butler ESU Commander, reading from his pages of the complete local radio logs, has no radio to TACTICAL OPS (= PD Ops 4 = ESUs including local snipers) about the SUSPECT ON THE ROOF in time.

To review, one or the other of two very important things had to happen but didn't: USSS Protective Detail remove Trump from stage in time, or local snipers stop shooter in time. Well, just about every USSS except Protective Detail, and just about every local except local snipers, got the communication (or saw with their own eyes) in time. Yikes!

Reading the footnotes near the end of the above Senate Report...

Radio log for PD Ops 3 = BTPD Patrolmen
Radio log for PD Ops 4 = ESUs including local snipers
Radio log for Sheriff’s Channel

They should have all been hearing each other in real time. They didn't. Notwithstanding this incompetence, the Butler ESU Commander (in command post) either does know how to scan or more likely sat in front of three freaking radios.

Butler ESU Commander GOOD:
He passed on info about roof, that made its way to some of USSS, so why was the protectee left exposed? (FWIW USSS spox had earlier denied any USSS knew in time)

Butler ESU Commander BAD:
If the Committee's interview with the local sniper is accurate, then the Butler ESU Commander forgot to pass that info to the local snipers!

There was no plan to secure the building where the gunman was positioned with a clear line of sight to the location where Trump would speak, the officials told the first meeting of a congressional task force investigating the shooting. Secret Service officials allowed Trump to take the stage even as local police were flagging concerns about a suspicious person.

"It was not a single mistake that allowed (Thomas Matthew) Crooks to out-maneuver one of our country's most elite group of security professionals," said task force chairman Mike Kelly, R-Pa. Instead, the Secret Service failed to make a cohesive plan for the law enforcement partners, didn't close down the grounds near the rally site, and didn't communicate effectively even in moments of crisis, he said.

It sounds like the teams are working together to prevent another catastrophe. Shortage is due to an annual UN General Assembly meeting.

It sounds like the teams are working together to prevent another catastrophe. Shortage is due to an annual UN General Assembly meeting.

Another major failure of the Secret Service. Their primary responsibiities should be to protect our leaders. It's incredible that they are busy protecting world leaders who want President Trump dead, and yet they can't protect our presidential candidates for the next presidency at an outdoor rally. This is campaign interference, IMO. President Trump is now forced into changing venues at the last minute and moving his rally into a smaller venue during an important campaign period that takes place before all presidential elections.

Another example of poor management and leadership of the Secret Service.

Another major failure of the Secret Service. Their primary responsibiities should be to protect our leaders. It's incredible that they are busy protecting world leaders who want President Trump dead, and yet they can't protect our presidential candidates for the next presidency at an outdoor rally. This is campaign interference, IMO. President Trump is now forced into changing venues at the last minute and moving his rally into a smaller venue during an important campaign period that takes place before all presidential elections.

Shortages in SS agents doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years of budget cuts and "doing more with less" to lead to problems with understaffing.

There's also increased demand for SS agents, not just because its an election year and campaign season, but also because threats against SS protected candidates and officeholders are at record high levels. Social media, political extremism and radicalization, the conspiracy theory industry and unregulated proliferation of weapons of mass destruction among civilians is resulting in historic levels of violent threats to the public, elected officials and candidates.

Secret Service agents aren't made overnight. The unprecedented levels of violent, armed crazy people in the US wasn't something anticipated 10 years ago. JMO

This has been part of their responsibilities from the beginning. It helps to keep in mind that our leaders, when they travel overseas, are protected by the secret services of these same foreign countries. For diplomatic relationships to thrive, they absolutely must be based on mutual trust between countries that they will protect foreign leaders traveling on diplomatic missions. IOW, it's a reciprocal relationship. We can't have diplomacy without gaining the trust of and protecting foreign leaders, while expecting them to do the same.

American leaders like Roosevelt, Truman and Eisenhower were extremely proud to work with their allies and others to create the United Nations. An important component of establishing the UN was having it headquartered in the U.S., a point of pride to all Americans. JMO

This has been part of their responsibilities from the beginning. It helps to keep in mind that our leaders, when they travel overseas, are protected by the secret services of these same foreign countries. For diplomatic relationships to thrive, they absolutely must be based on mutual trust between countries that they will protect foreign leaders traveling on diplomatic missions. IOW, it's a reciprocal relationship. We can't have diplomacy without gaining the trust of and protecting foreign leaders, while expecting them to do the same.

American leaders like Roosevelt, Truman and Eisenhower were extremely proud to work with their allies and others to create the United Nations. An important component of establishing the UN was having it headquartered in the U.S., a point of pride to all Americans. JMO

There can be no pride in a Secret Service agency that prioritizes foreign leader protection over the protection of its own leaders. The State Department and the United Nations security division and other agencies also have responsibilities and resources for security at the U.N.

There can be no pride in a Secret Service agency that prioritizes foreign leader protection over the protection of its own leaders. The State Department and the United Nations security division and other agencies also have responsibilities and resources for security at the U.N.

They didn't prioritize foreign leader protection, they're handling all of it from what I've read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back