PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shortages in SS agents doesn't happen overnight. It takes many years of budget cuts and "doing more with less" to lead to problems with understaffing.

There's also increased demand for SS agents, not just because its an election year and campaign season, but also because threats against SS protected candidates and officeholders are at record high levels. Social media, political extremism and radicalization, the conspiracy theory industry and unregulated proliferation of weapons of mass destruction among civilians is resulting in historic levels of violent threats to the public, elected officials and candidates.

Secret Service agents aren't made overnight. The unprecedented levels of violent, armed crazy people in the US wasn't something anticipated 10 years ago. JMO
I don’t think their problems stem from underfunding.

I don’t think their problems stem from underfunding.
Thanks for the link.

The information in the official Congressional Research Service report clearly shows that the Secret Service got more money than requested for the last several years and the staffing levels are higher than in past years.

Now all of a sudden they don't have enough money or people. That shows us the total failure of leadership in the SS. JMO.

Mission​

To serve Congress with the highest quality of research, analysis, information and confidential consultation to support the exercise of its legislative, representational and oversight duties in its role as a coequal branch of government.

Please post if you know of an index page for the Secret Service interviews (via hsgac.senate.gov for example).

Here's the USSS Lead Sniper...

Random tidbits...
  • "Before the event, no one raised concerns about the AGR building itself. There were many threats that look in, but no one specifically singled out the AGR building to me."
  • "Yes" re my upthread question did they all know where each other sniper was
  • his USSS radio audio was frequency-scanning other USSS channels in addition to his USSS TAC Teams channel
  • he and his partner were on administrative leave for the week after
  • "I did not tell [anyone] that the AGR building team per se would have coverage of the roof, but it was kind of expected that your police officers in your area, you control over your immediate area. For example, if something was happening in the barn underneath the post I was on, I would expect me to be able to handle any situation, whether it involved a sniper rifle or my pistol or less-than-lethal means, that you're still a police officer, even though you are part of the sniper team."

Saturday's rally will take place at the same property where a gunman's bullets grazed Trump's right ear and killed his supporter, Corey Comperatore. The shooting left multiple others injured.

Several members of Comperatore's family, as well as other attendees and first responders from the July rally, will join Trump on Saturday at the farm show property, according to the campaign.

Former President Trump is set to return to Butler, Pa., for what is likely to be a highly charged rally, nearly three months after a bullet grazed his ear at the same site in an attempted assassination.
(…)
The spotlight on the Secret Service has only grown more intense after a second alleged assassination attempt against Trump at his Florida golf course. In that instance, the gunman was engaged by Secret Service agents before he could get any shots off.

Since the July shooting, Trump’s rallies have been marked by tightened security measures. He has stood behind panes of bulletproof glass at campaign events over the past two months, and the Secret Service has said Trump is receiving “heightened” protection.

So the Secret Service is now doing what they should have done at the first Butler rally. They've figured out what an appropriate perimeter is, how to use drones, etc. And very important - one command center that includes all LE communications at a centralized location. At least it sounds like it, sure hope so . . .

From the article -

For Trump's return a sniper was positioned on the warehouse roof many hours before his arrival and roads leading to the building were sealed off by local police. This time it will be inside the event's security perimeter.

. . .

Local Republican congressman Mike Kelly said: 'We started from square one, including the perimeter. It’s going to be way outside, with the AGR Building (the warehouse where Crooks shot from) within that protected area.

'The water tower will be protected. We have a shield around the outside, more or less, that will protect that area and the people that are there.

'The AGR property will be totally roped off, nobody allowed on there. We’ll make sure it’s safe.'

EBM & BBM

75530836007-%78%78%78-jc-17161-edit.jpg

...AGR overwatch

75532093007-%78%78%78-jc-17214-edit.jpg

...fast evac contingency #friendsofhorselady

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads