GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But why the middle child?? It's just strange.

And where is Julia if she wasn't spotted at the airport?

-----------------
If you are running away it would be nearly impossible to drag a 15 yr old along unless she was agreeable to the run. And nearly impossible to flee with an infant. IMO, she probably took the only child that could be persuaded to join the run. No telling what the mother told her in order to get her to leave and cooperate with her plans. The little girl may have thought that they were going somewhere for fun.

------------
OH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can breathe now. I was so concerned when HLN reported that the little girl was not with the mother boarding the plane. Wonder why she just didn't leave from the airport? Why did she have to make up this whole story? Didn't she know that LE would check out the airport? I would have thought that she was more intelligent than she appears to be at this point.
Yes, eventually...but the story gave her a 24 hour headstart on LE. She isn't too stupid. It worked if she got on a plane and arrived in Tampa, FL yesterday with $300,000 on her.

what if she was running from something very serious? Something she was warned not to go to the authorities about?
What if yanking her daughter out of school on May 1 and now fleeing were related?

Just saying... we don't know enough yet to condemn her really... she may not have had any other choice here.

Of course, she might also be a flipping loony... but for now, I will withhold judgment until the facts unfold.

The DC ABC affiliate just did a live report... they are so not up to date on these recent developments. :| Still calling it an abduction.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news&id=6833976

Detectives are investigating allegations that she may have taken about $300,000 from her former employer, an attorney in Upper Makefield Township, law enforcement sources told ABC News. Out of concern for her safety and especially for safety of the nine-year-old with her, these sources tell ABC News, police and FBI in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs are mounting a full scale hunt visiting every motel in the area in an effort to locate her. Sweeten was described as scared, and investigators were worried about her emotional stability.

Why are they searching every motel in the area (philadelphia and surrounding suburbs) if they have her on video boarding a plane to FL???

But why the middle child?? It's just strange.

And where is Julia if she wasn't spotted at the airport?

Possibly because the baby would require too much, and the teen would want to know what the heck is going on, and maybe would not be a willing participant in her Mom's sick game.

what if she was running from something very serious? Something she was warned not to go to the authorities about?
What if yanking her daughter out of school on May 1 and now fleeing were related?

Just saying... we don't know enough yet to condemn her really... she may not have had any other choice here.

Of course, she might also be a flipping loony... but for now, I will withhold judgment until the facts unfold.
If she stole $300,000 from her former employer...I would say she was running from prison.

I can tell you some major media is moving in here.....

BOTH seen boarding plane to Tampa FL

bet there is a paper trail to the ticket purchase! I bet she had this all planned out
She must have planned it down to the minute. She allowed enough time to get on the plane...barely.

Where could they go from Tampa? I don't see her staying there since she is now on the run.

Look at this..

Sources tell CBS 3 surveillance video from businesses in Center City near where the mother's vehicle was recovered show the woman getting out of the car with her daughter minutes after making several 911 calls reporting the abduction. The mother reportedly meets up with another woman and disappears on the crowded streets of the city.

http://cbs3.com/topstories/kidnapping.abduction.carjacking.2.1019972.html

So, someone else is obviously involved..

Yes, eventually...but the story gave her a 24 hour headstart on LE. She isn't too stupid. It worked if she got on a plane and arrived in Tampa, FL yesterday with $300,000 on her.
But couldn't she just have got on the plane with her daughter and not claimed a kidnapping?
I realize if she wanted to stay gone, she'd eventually need a story to explain their disappearance, but why not wait until you arrive at your destination???

If she stole $300,000 from her former employer...I would say she was running from prison.

Agree. Her plan didn't work so good though. She'll be found. She should have just packed up and left in the middle of the night not taking along her daughter.

Sure there is much more to this strange story.

IMG_1521.jpg
[/IMG]

alleged abduction site..

having problems with pix

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members