PA PA - Brenda Condon, 28, Spring Township, 27 Feb 1991

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Even though we suspect it’s a homicide, there’s no real evidence that points that up, “ Cigich said Monday. “So it’s a missing person under suspicious circumstances.”

Cigich said a few people in the state who may have helpful information have stopped talking to police.

“We do have some suspicions, “ Cigich said. “There’s two or three that we’ve spoken with that we’d like to ask some more questions of, but they don’t want to talk to us anymore.”

Read more here:
Ten years after woman’s disappearance, a call for help

This story first appeared in the Centre Daily Times on February 27, 2001 and was updated in 2014.

Unidentified Person Case

Maybe someone made this suggestion already, but a lot of links don't work anymore after all this years. Could this be her? I guess and hope LE looked at it already (can't see rule-outs anymore) This UID fits perfectly. No footwear found at the scene. Half an hour drive from Spring Township. Btw Namus states she is missing from Bellefonte, which is 2h and 28 minutes away from Spring Township. In an article I read that the bar was near Bellefonte....so what information is right. Bars don't tent to move that way.....

Just to refresh.

missingbrendacondon

[ Friday, April 12, 1991 ]

Police using ‘slim’ leads to find missing local woman
By JENNIFER COHEN
Collegian Staff Writer

Police are still investigating the February disappearance of a State College woman from Carl’s Bad Tavern in Spring Township.Brenda Condon, 29, of 1959 Harvest Circle, was last seen in the early morning hours of Feb. 27 at the tavern, where she worked as a bartender, Spring Township police said.

The search, in its second month, has wound down to leads that investigating officer Ron Schall of Spring Township police described as “slim” and “far-fetched.”

Police are following smaller leads, such as old or casual acquaintances, but Schall emphasized that the investigation has not ended.

“We are still out there talking to people,” he said.

Condon was reported missing to police the evening of Feb. 27, but the search did not begin until March 2, Schall said.

Condon was scheduled to pick up her two children in Clearfield March 2 for visitation. When she failed to arrive, police began the search.

“That was more or less the turning point,” Schall said.

Greg Palazzari, Condon’s boyfriend of two years, also of 1959 Harvest Circle, said Condon was close to her children and would not miss visitation.

The first week of the investigation was intense, employing a helicopter and tracking dog to search the area surrounding the tavern, but no leads turned up, Schall said.

Police do not know if foul play was involved in the disappearance, but Schall said he has not ruled it out.

Palazarri said he is certain Condon was a victim of foul play because Condon would not leave her friends and family without saying anything.

Palazzari said there was nothing unusual about the afternoon before Condon disappeared, which was the last time he talked to her, he said.

They were making dinner plans to celebrate their birthdays that weekend, he said. Condon’s birthday was March 1 and his was March 2.

“She would never miss a holiday,” Palazzari said, referring to both the birthdays and Easter.

“She was definitely taken unwillingly out of there,” Palazarri said.

Police said they believe Condon disappeared at about 1:30 or 2 a.m. She was last seen inside the bar serving a customer at about 1:15 a.m., police said.

Police said Condon apparently closed the bar for the night. The receipts were put away and the lights were turned off but the front door was not locked, police said.

The bar was not vandalized and nothing was reported taken, police said. However, Condon’s boots were found in the men’s restroom.

“They were stuck together as if they were placed there by someone,” Schall said.

Condon’s car, a grey 1986 Mercury Capri, was left in the tavern lot, police said.

Palazzari said he believes Condon’s disappearance is connected to her work at the bar. He said he believes a disgruntled patron who would not take no for an answer may have kidnapped her.

But tavern owner Carl Easterling said police never said the disappearance was connected to a customer.

No matter what the scenario, Palazarri said he cannot make sense of it.

“I can’t understand it . . . I don’t know if I ever will,” Palazarri said.

“All we can do is pray and hope something good comes of it.”

With the publicity and flyers posted in the area, someone would have seen or said something in Condon was in Centre County, Palazzari said.

Palazzari said he does not understand why the FBI has not aided in the investigaiton.

Jack Shea, supervisor of the State College FBI office, said the agency could not get involved in Condon’s disappearance because it did not fall within their jurisdiction.

Interstate transport of a victim has to be proven or implied through a ransom note or another sign of kidnapping before a federal agency can investigate, Shea said.

“At this point, at least, it doesn’t seem to be in federal jurisdiction,” he said.

While the local police agencies, mainly Spring Township and Rockview state police, conduct their search, Palazzari and Condon’s family continue their own.

Palazarri said he has spent the last month on the telephone talking to friends across the country, including some who are private investigators.

Condon’s aunt owns a trucking business in Clearfield, where Condon used to live, and gives her truck drivers fliers noting that Condon is missing to post on their east coast routes, Palazarri added.

However, neither the phone calls nor the posters have led to anything concrete.

“It’s almost a waiting game . . . sooner or later, something’s going to come out,” Palazarri said.

Unidentified Person Case

Maybe someone made this suggestion already, but a lot of links don't work anymore after all this years. Could this be her? I guess and hope LE looked at it already (can't see rule-outs anymore) This UID fits perfectly. No footwear found at the scene. Half an hour drive from Spring Township. Btw Namus states she is missing from Bellefonte, which is 2h and 28 minutes away from Spring Township. In an article I read that the bar was near Bellefonte....so what information is right. Bars don't tent to move that way.....

Thanks for the suggestion, but this UID has been ruled out.

There is also a Spring Township in Centre County, where Bellefonte is located. Apparently it is a popular name in Pennsylvania.

A sharper picture helps. Now we can see her teeth much better.

I wonder what could be the reason she left her boots in the men's restroom. Were the boots more convenient for work or fitting in "the scene" of the bar? Did she changed in a more feminine, nicer shoe, was she planning to go out after work? The most likely place for that would be the women's restroom. Or was there just one restroom, like in the older days? Was the bar/restroom clean(ed), like a bartender would do before closing or were there other arrangements with a cleaner, cleaning the bar in the morning? Receipts neat so in the process of finishing the night. Lights off...Was there an obvious light switch that a costumer could see and put out? But then why would you put out the lights if you take a woman against her will. In most bars there are a lot of switches and you have to know how to put everything out. So most likely Brenda was closing, asking the last costumers to leave, put the lights out herself (or somebody familiar with the system did). The bar was not locked.....she sounds like a responsible person, taking care of things, the bar, so she was most likely taken against her will when she went out, in the process of locking the door and just before she was going to walk to her car. Pondering.... the family and LE probably went over this over and over again. The I-80 near....they could have taken her anywhere......Should we look for UID's found along the I-80? Maybe she knew to much about the cocaine business of her boyfriend....although his story sounds like honest, never believe a dealer..... Was there an altercation with the father of her children? Well it's puzzling me. Before everything, for her children it's so very, very sad that after 28 years still nothing is known about Brenda's faith.

Attachments

• Brenda Condon.JPG
    Brenda Condon.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

I wonder what could be the reason she left her boots in the men's restroom. Were the boots more convenient for work or fitting in "the scene" of the bar? Did she changed in a more feminine, nicer shoe, was she planning to go out after work? The most likely place for that would be the women's restroom. Or was there just one restroom, like in the older days? Was the bar/restroom clean(ed), like a bartender would do before closing or were there other arrangements with a cleaner, cleaning the bar in the morning? Receipts neat so in the process of finishing the night. Lights off...Was there an obvious light switch that a costumer could see and put out? But then why would you put out the lights if you take a woman against her will. In most bars there are a lot of switches and you have to know how to put everything out. So most likely Brenda was closing, asking the last costumers to leave, put the lights out herself (or somebody familiar with the system did). The bar was not locked.....she sounds like a responsible person, taking care of things, the bar, so she was most likely taken against her will when she went out, in the process of locking the door and just before she was going to walk to her car. Pondering.... the family and LE probably went over this over and over again. The I-80 near....they could have taken her anywhere......Should we look for UID's found along the I-80? Maybe she knew to much about the cocaine business of her boyfriend....although his story sounds like honest, never believe a dealer..... Was there an altercation with the father of her children? Well it's puzzling me. Before everything, for her children it's so very, very sad that after 28 years still nothing is known about Brenda's faith.

Questions still standing. Is there anyone who has more details of this MP case?

9700713_orig.jpg

Found it! hmmmmm. Very interesting. Go back to check timeline.

As Dawn Birnbaum was murdered in 1993 in PA and he was arrested soon afterwards it would totally possible he killed Brenda. But where is her body?

I liked the video...but still no answers to my questions above...how sad. They only thing I could filter out that LE thinks the cowgirl boots were left in the place they found them (men's restroom) intentionally...I wonder how they came to this conclusion and why?

Some snips from the video.Maybe this will help.....maybe other members see things we haven't seen before in a Jane Doe. This implicated I don't think Brenda is alive anymore and she met foul play....Somehow I don't see her as a woman who would leave her "old live", especially not with her children in it. IMO

upload_2020-1-7_21-51-34.png
upload_2020-1-7_21-52-38.png
upload_2020-1-7_21-53-36.png
upload_2020-1-7_21-54-55.png
upload_2020-1-7_22-2-2.png

Bump n' scribe.. rbbm
Brenda Louise Condon – The Charley Project
Brenda Louise Condon
  • brenda_louise_condon_1.jpg
  • brenda_louise_condon_4.jpg
  • brenda_louise_condon_5.jpg
  • brenda_louise_condon_6.jpg
Condon, circa 1991; Unidentified Patron 1; Unidentified Patron 2; Unidentified Patron 3
  • ''Date of Birth 03/01/1962
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3 - 5'5, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black tank top under a silver shirt and jeans with silver studs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red/brown hair, light blue eyes. Condon wore green-tinted contact lenses at the time of her 1991 disappearance. She has a ring of roses tattooed on her right ankle. Her maiden name is Coon.''
''Condon was last seen between approximately 12:45 and 1:15 a.m. on February 27, 1991 in Spring Township, Pennsylvania. She was working as a bartender at Carl's Bad Tavern at the time; it is located in a rural area on State Route 550 two miles north of Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, near Interstate 80.

The business was abandoned and unlocked when other employees arrived in the later morning hours. Condon's gray 1986 Mercury Capri was found in the parking lot. The bar's receipts were put away and the lights were off.

There was no sign of robbery or any struggle inside the bar, but Condon's black cowboy boots were located in the men's restroom, neatly arranged. They were the only shoes she had with her that night. Investigators are uncertain if the placement of Condon's boots is related to her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.''

Authorities would like to question three unidentified Caucasian male patrons who were at Carl's Bad Tavern during the evening Condon vanished. It is not known if any of these men are connected to Condon's case; they are simply wanted for questioning. Sketches of the patrons are available with this case summary.

''The first patron is described as 38 to 40 years old, 6'2, wearing a bright blue down jacket and jeans. The second was 25 to 30 years old and 5'8, and wearing a black leather coat, a white button-down shirt and jeans. The third patron was approximately 50 years old and 5'8, wearing a short dark-colored jacket, dark-colored slacks and a brown plaid shirt.

It was a slow night at the bar and these men are the only patrons the police have been unable to identify.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back