PA PA - Brenda Condon, 28, Spring Township, 27 Feb 1991

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live close to the area, so I've followed this for quite awhile. Such a sad case, and a mysterious one.

Question, does anybody know if James Robert Cruz Jr. ever been questioned in Brenda's case?

Thanks, just trying to confirm. He looks so much like the one perp, and the bar was so close to I-80. The investigation seems to have been so shoddy. Was there a larger truck in the parking lot that night? What few witnesses of this night there are, are all probably aging and their memories not as clear. This is so frustrating.

3o years ago today :(

Never forgotten

images

I know @Find Brenda we talked about it before, but I still don't get the distance between where Brenda was last seen (Spring Township) and her place of work. Being a bartender it seems strange to me that she would drive approx. 2,5 hours to and from (late at night after closing time) this place back home. Is it possible you pinpoint it on a google map for us?

I know @Find Brenda we talked about it before, but I still don't get the distance between where Brenda was last seen (Spring Township) and her place of work. Being a bartender it seems strange to me that she would drive approx. 2,5 hours to and from (late at night after closing time) this place back home. Is it possible you pinpoint it on a google map for us?

Depending on route and traffic, it's an 18 to 30 minute drive.
Google Maps

Observations

May 2022 finally bring Brenda Condon and all the missing people home

I wholeheartedly hope that there is going to be movement in Brenda's case and somebody is going to speak up. I wonder so often about what happened to her and where her remains could be. I'm more or less convinced she was taken and murdered and didn't leave willingly.

I asked this questions back in 2019.

A sharper picture helps <asking for more pictures where her teeth are shown....happy they were there> . Now we can see her teeth much better.
I wonder what could be the reason she left her boots in the men's restroom. Were the boots more convenient for work or fitting in "the scene" of the bar? Did she changed in a more feminine, nicer shoe, was she planning to go out after work? The most likely place for that would be the women's restroom. Or was there just one restroom, like in the older days? Was the bar/restroom clean(ed), like a bartender would do before closing or were there other arrangements with a cleaner, cleaning the bar in the morning? Receipts neat so in the process of finishing the night. Lights off...Was there an obvious light switch that a costumer could see and put out? But then why would you put out the lights if you take a woman against her will. In most bars there are a lot of switches and you have to know how to put everything out. So most likely Brenda was closing, asking the last costumers to leave, put the lights out herself (or somebody familiar with the system did). The bar was not locked.....she sounds like a responsible person, taking care of things, the bar, so she was most likely taken against her will when she went out, in the process of locking the door and just before she was going to walk to her car. Pondering.... the family and LE probably went over this over and over again. The I-80 near....they could have taken her anywhere......Should we look for UID's found along the I-80? Maybe she knew to much about the cocaine business of her boyfriend....although his story sounds like honest, never believe a dealer..... Was there an altercation with the father of her children? Well it's puzzling me. Before everything, for her children it's so very, very sad that after 28 years still nothing is known about Brenda's faith.

Now I'm going to listen to Kenneth and hope he comes up with answers, theories...

Detective Kenneth Mains from Unsolved No More spent a week taking on Brenda’s case. Here are the videos he released on his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqzdTv9DMyOmit6T_ESg23A

Brenda Condon Week (December 2021)

#1 Case intro:

#2 Ken’s Key Clue
:

#3 Deep Dive:

#4 Live Q&A session https://youtu.be/gAFTZeaQB7M

#5 Comment section Q&A session: https://youtu.be/9LHyyAmgubE

#6 Bonus: https://youtu.be/auOILHzcRbE

Watched all of it...love the guy....he is very much authentic...I guess more thoughts tomorrow
I asked this questions back in 2019.

A sharper picture helps <asking for more pictures where her teeth are shown....happy they were there> . Now we can see her teeth much better.
I wonder what could be the reason she left her boots in the men's restroom. Were the boots more convenient for work or fitting in "the scene" of the bar? Did she changed in a more feminine, nicer shoe, was she planning to go out after work? The most likely place for that would be the women's restroom. Or was there just one restroom, like in the older days? Was the bar/restroom clean(ed), like a bartender would do before closing or were there other arrangements with a cleaner, cleaning the bar in the morning? Receipts neat so in the process of finishing the night. Lights off...Was there an obvious light switch that a costumer could see and put out? But then why would you put out the lights if you take a woman against her will. In most bars there are a lot of switches and you have to know how to put everything out. So most likely Brenda was closing, asking the last costumers to leave, put the lights out herself (or somebody familiar with the system did). The bar was not locked.....she sounds like a responsible person, taking care of things, the bar, so she was most likely taken against her will when she went out, in the process of locking the door and just before she was going to walk to her car. Pondering.... the family and LE probably went over this over and over again. The I-80 near....they could have taken her anywhere......Should we look for UID's found along the I-80? Maybe she knew to much about the cocaine business of her boyfriend....although his story sounds like honest, never believe a dealer..... Was there an altercation with the father of her children? Well it's puzzling me. Before everything, for her children it's so very, very sad that after 28 years still nothing is known about Brenda's faith.

Now I'm going to listen to Kenneth and hope he comes up with answers, theories...

Let me tell you. IMO this guy is great and very authentic....I like that very much. He did a great job on going through the case of Brenda. He questioned and reflected on a lot of my questioning. Did I understand this right...this was all based on info out there....no police records? What I heard, local guy, based on place and day she was abducted....not a traveling through trucker...somebody with a fetish...(her booths left very neath together in the men's toilet room) a signature for him.

Last edited:
The state police have investigated her case. They just have not revealed much of what they’ve discovered.

Most of what was discussed was based on information accumulated by Mains from brendacondon.com, her Facebook page, the Unfound podcast with her sister, media accounts, and his personal interviews with those who knew Brenda.

There are numerous theories, but not a lot of evidence to support them. Contrary to what was discussed in the videos, James Cruz, Jr. has not yet been publicly ruled out by law enforcement.

Last edited:
The state police have investigated her case. They just have not revealed much of what they’ve discovered.

Most of what was discussed was based on information accumulated by Mains from brendacondon.com, her Facebook page, the Unfound podcast with her sister, media accounts, and his personal interviews with those who knew Brenda.

There are numerous theories, but not a lot of evidence to support them. Contrary to what was discussed in the videos, James Cruz, Jr. has not yet been publicly ruled out by law enforcement.

Interesting. Like Mains I'm not a person who thinks 'SK' immediately, in general. What stands out to me is that in this "truck stop" murders (I know it's Wiki) Dr. No (serial killer) - Wikipedia the bodies were dumped in the open, not concealed at all. A lot of them where missing their shoes, what makes me think the perp took them as a trophy, not staging them like in Brenda's case. Somehow I believe Brenda's body is disposed of differently. (Sorry for the morbidity) Why was Brenda's body never found? A local, knowing that exact spot, could have taken her and buried her in his backyard/on his property, so concealing her. Cruz, among other's, was a suspects in this cases and convicted for the murder of Dawn Birnbaum, who's body was also found in the open. Of course he could have changed his MO.

In June 1994, a 36-year-old trucker from Ohio, James Robert Cruz, Jr., was convicted in the March 1993 murder of 17-year-old Dawn Marie Birnbaum in Centre County, Pennsylvania, whose body was found along Interstate 80. The girl's body was discovered a few days after her death. Since most of her clothes were missing, Cruz was considered a possible suspect in the Ohio killings. He was tested, but subsequently, no charges were filed against him concerning the other murders.[18][19]

You see my point. All IMO

I can think of only the following..three unknown patrons...not one of them stepped forward from that night? Her boots found in the men's room. I think that all three men were involved. Boots are like weapons when you kick with them on. I think she was held down by the men. And her boots were pulled off. What woman takes her boots off in a mens room??? And 1 man had the time to not only push her boots to the side but pick them up and set them down. I cannot fathom any woman going into a mens room for anything but cleaning. I think they ambushed her, based on the fact that 2 men did not step forward. IMO. Wondering how they were connected.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back