PA PA - Candice Caffas, 34, Endangered Advisory, mental health disability, climbed out window, Meadville, 15 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1658068394353.png

Pennsylvania State Police are searching for a missing endangered person in Crawford County.

She told troopers Caffas is believed to have runaway after climbing out of the bathroom window of a residence in the 9100 block of Mount Pleasant Rd. in Union Township sometime between 10 p.m. Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday.

Caffas has special needs due to a mental health disability, according to State Police.

She is described as 4'9" tall and approximately 95 pounds with dirty blonde hair. Caffas was last known to be wearing eyeglasses, a purple T-shirt, orange pants with flower designs and purple and blue sneakers.

Local fire departments, search and rescue teams and the Crawford County scuba team were notified and are searching the area, troopers said. The State Police aviation team is also providing assistance in the search.

State Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for Caffas and call 814-332-6911 with any information that may help find her.

The search focused along French Creek in West Mead and Union Townships on Saturday.

She was last seen at 10 p.m. Friday walking on Mount Pleasant Road.

missing-person-wjet-wfxp.jpg

1658070150282.jpeg

Chief Terry Shaulis of West Mead Volunteer Fire Department said that community members should “still be on the lookout for her” as of Sunday afternoon.

“PSP are actively still chasing down some leads,” Shaulis said.

*I wonder who Candice lives with and how they knew she climbed out a window…

I live just north of Meadville and I've seen some posts on social media and local msm. I had not seen the update that it is now believed she climbed out a window overnight, thanks. The search has been very focused on the Ernst Trail, which is a 5 or so mile walking/biking trail. I hope they find her soon and safe!

My question is why did she feel the need to escape? I would like to hear of a thorough investigation as to her living conditions to insure there wasn’t abuse.

Amateur opinion and speculation

She has been a longtime client of The Arc of Crawford County, which helps clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

“Our concern is it’s been so hot and humid since she’s been missing, we’re worried that she’s not getting proper hydration and food,” Mark Weindorf, executive director of The Arc of Crawford County, said Thursday.

Search efforts Thursday concentrated from the home south all the way to the Geneva Swamp area, according to Trooper Cindy Schick.

“We had numerous volunteers out today, our mounted horse unit was up from Hershey,” she said. “We had many drones out searching from above, K-9 units were out again today, we had criminal investigators searching houses and buildings, and also had people searching on ATVs” (all-terrain vehicles).

This story is so odd to me because it doesn't seem like there's been any word from family or guardians. Her residence, a ruralish looking area with no group home nearby, was where she went missing from... people who would hopefully be able to speak to her behaviors and where she'd be most likely to wander. I really hope this information is getting provided to authorities and just being kept under wraps for some reason.

I'm glad The Arc spoke out but I guess they're probably also under HIPA confidentiality laws to provide information on her disability, etc. (and they don't appear to be a group home, just offer adult day programs, so not likely where she disappeared from). Okay, yeah, the article says "parents' home"--where are her parents in all of this??

Last edited:
Candice Caffas, 34, has missing from her parents’ home in the 9100 block of Mount Pleasant Road south of Meadville since Saturday. She is considered to be in danger due to a mental health disability and may be confused, according to Pennsylvania State Police at Meadville.

Caffas reportedly left her home between 10 p.m. last Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday by climbing out of a bathroom window.
Search to continue for missing Union Township woman, concerns mount

[so she lives with her parents and not in a facility or group home]

"She and I have the same workout regime. I figured what's wrong she can do, I can do. So I've been to Geneva, Conneaut Lake, and Hartstown. Meadville, we're focusing on today. So we're just trying to find her at this point," says Caffa's caregiver.

Stacey Cummings is the caseworker for Caffas. The two have been working for seven years together.

"There's no way she's not injured at this point. The way her body recovers. Her body recovers very slowly, so the injuries she has been very damaging at this point," says Cummings.

What's interesting is that Cummings tells me this isn't Caffa's first time running away. Last week, she was found in French Creek.
https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/46924309/hope-isnt-lost-for-candice-caffas

[does anyone else find the way the caseworker SC speaks unusual? I am having a hard time following what she is trying to articulate in the BBM sentences]

Any volunteers able to conduct a ground search Friday are asked to meet at the Vernon Twp. Fire Department located at 16589 McMath Ave, Vernon Twp, Meadville. The Command Post will also be located at that location.
Search continues one week later for missing Crawford County woman

1658568542175.jpeg
Warren County Public Safety Director Ken McCorrison received a text message on Thursday asking if he could find some people to contribute.

“I got a text message from the deputy director of Crawford County Public Safety,” McCorrison said. “We’ve been at this for days. We could use a hand.”

McCorrison reached out to fire chiefs across the county.

“Some fire departments really stepped up,” he said. “We put some quality teams together.”

Distance was no object for the teams from the eastern part of the county. “Those guys always step up,”McCorrison said. “Searches is what they do.”

About 15 participants from Warren County were among about 75 searchers on Friday.

“It wasn’t just fire departments,” McCorrison said. “They had civilians there, law enforcement. They had a few drones. A State Police helicopter. The State Police mounted division out of Hershey — they’re a solid team.”

There has been no formal request for additional agency support from the county. But, that support is available.

“With agencies, we wait for a request,” McCorrison said. “They haven’t asked.”

“If they text me, I’ll find them more crews,” he said. “We’ve got to remember, this is somebody’s daughter, somebody’s granddaughter.”

View attachment 355634
Warren County Public Safety Director Ken McCorrison received a text message on Thursday asking if he could find some people to contribute.

“I got a text message from the deputy director of Crawford County Public Safety,” McCorrison said. “We’ve been at this for days. We could use a hand.”

McCorrison reached out to fire chiefs across the county.

“Some fire departments really stepped up,” he said. “We put some quality teams together.”

Distance was no object for the teams from the eastern part of the county. “Those guys always step up,”McCorrison said. “Searches is what they do.”

About 15 participants from Warren County were among about 75 searchers on Friday.

“It wasn’t just fire departments,” McCorrison said. “They had civilians there, law enforcement. They had a few drones. A State Police helicopter. The State Police mounted division out of Hershey — they’re a solid team.”

There has been no formal request for additional agency support from the county. But, that support is available.

“With agencies, we wait for a request,” McCorrison said. “They haven’t asked.”

“If they text me, I’ll find them more crews,” he said. “We’ve got to remember, this is somebody’s daughter, somebody’s granddaughter.”
The pics are a bit fuzzy so not sure I’m seeing this correctly…are her front teeth missing?

The organized searches have been suspended (https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/4...-for-candice-caffas-halted-in-crawford-county)

Candice is still missing. Her caregiver is continuing to search and volunteers are asked to keep helping but there have been no confirmed sighting since last Saturday (7/16) and no evidence found so authorities have exhausted their resources for now. There are big storms predicted for tonight, I hope she's hiding away somewhere safe. I wish some of the more specific details were being released in msm.

Last edited:
The organized searches have been suspended (https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/4...-for-candice-caffas-halted-in-crawford-county)

Candice is still missing. Her caregiver is continuing to search and volunteers are asked to keep helping but there have been no confirmed sighting since last Saturday (7/16) and no evidence found so authorities have exhausted their resources for now. There are big storms predicted for tonight, I hope she's hiding away somewhere safe. I wish some of the more specific details were being released in msm.
O.K., I'm a broken record....I want to know why she escaped. What was she escaping from? I want that investigated. Aside from that, do we know if she had access to the internet and the cognitive ability to communicate with people? Perhaps she was lured....
Boy she is a tiny little thing.

O.K., I'm a broken record....I want to know why she escaped. What was she escaping from? I want that investigated. Aside from that, do we know if she had access to the internet and the cognitive ability to communicate with people? Perhaps she was lured....
Boy she is a tiny little thing.

You can find some of those answers here: Log into Facebook
I'd love to be able to discuss more but the information only seems to be available from family and friends on social media and not picked up by mainstream news yet...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back