GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone willing to go to such lengths to abduct her -- in spite of her fighting, in spite of a possible witness in the other car, in spite of her kicking out the window -- that seems like someone who wants HER specifically, and at all costs. He seems to be driven by either obsession or rage, so strong it overrides his fear of being caught. So I can see why her family thinks the kidnapper may be someone she knows (although he could also have been stalking her without her knowing). This doesn't seem like a crime of easy opportunity. But if she WAS a random victim, then he was very brazen, and determined to the point of frenzy. Either way, I really fear for her life.

There have been several times in my life when someone in a car was clearly looking for someone to follow. I saw it happen to other girls at my school when they were on an unfenced practice field. More than once when I was younger I was out walking with a friend from her house to mine and a grown man in a car drove slowly by, staring or trying to get our attention. Some disgusting losers just get a kick out of "going hunting" for a girl to harass or lure into his car.

I think it is possible that this guy did target Carlesha but not because he knew her. Maybe he was out looking for a girl...any girl, walking alone and vulnerable. Maybe he chose her, drove around the corner ahead of her and doubled back to grab her.

MOO

There have been several times in my life when someone in a car was clearly looking for someone to follow. I saw it happen to other girls at my school when they were on an unfenced practice field. More than once when I was younger I was out walking with a friend from her house to mine and a grown man in a car drove slowly by, staring or trying to get our attention. Some disgusting losers just get a kick out of "going hunting" for a girl to harass or lure into his car.

I think it is possible that this guy did target Carlesha but not because he knew her. Maybe he was out looking for a girl...any girl, walking alone and vulnerable. Maybe he chose her, drove around the corner ahead of her and doubled back to grab her.

MOO

I agree... I have had someone follow me in a car and then pull up and expose himself to me when I was about 13. I was right around the corner from home and ran to get away from him. It just seems like once she started screaming and fighting, and a car is right there watching, etc. the standard random perp would decide she was too much of a handful and drive away out of fear of being caught. So it makes me think he either knew her, had been watching her, or there was some specific reason he wanted HER bad enough to not give up. JMO

I agree... I have had someone follow me in a car and then pull up and expose himself to me when I was about 13. I was right around the corner from home and ran to get away from him. It just seems like once she started screaming and fighting, and a car is right there watching, etc. the standard random perp would decide she was too much of a handful and drive away out of fear of being caught. So it makes me think he either knew her, had been watching her, or there was some specific reason he wanted HER bad enough to not give up. JMO

I totally agree with you. I was wondering if she was just walking and he spotted her and couldn't resist OR if she got off the bus. Either way this guy has some HUGE...aaaahem! You know! I really hope someone was able to get at least a partial plate number. That would be great. I am just hoping this guy comes to his senses and let's her go or maybe if she can manager to get the hell away from him. I am just keeping Carlesha in my prayers and all of the LE who are working her case. May they be guided to Carlesha.
JMO MOO and all that good stuff :)

Saw this on Facebook and am truly horrified! Brought me to tears. She fought so hard, so very hard! Ugh. FYI on guy in other car, news personality, Sarah Bloomquist is stating why other car backed away and didn't intervene. Not sure if this is rumor or not but here's a link to her page: https://www.facebook.com/6abcSarahBloomquist/posts/10152877777159090
It is her commenting under her own post in the comments.

Wonder if there's an abusive ex in the picture ? any clues might help to find out if anyone had a grudge against this woman. I feel for her and her family as well. Just can't imagine the fear !
Hope she's found SOON !
:moo:

Saw this on Facebook and am truly horrified! Brought me to tears. She fought so hard, so very hard! Ugh. FYI on guy in other car, news personality, Sarah Bloomquist is stating why other car backed away and didn't intervene. Not sure if this is rumor or not but here's a link to her page: https://www.facebook.com/6abcSarahBloomquist/posts/10152877777159090
It is her commenting under her own post in the comments.
Well that makes sense. I can see why the car hightailed it in reverse. The comment was that the driver thought the windows were being shattered by gunfire.

Well that makes sense. I can see why the car hightailed it in reverse. The comment was that the driver thought the windows were being shattered by gunfire.

It did to me too. Hope he doesn't beat himself up for it!

Why is it being reported that she didn't know her abductor?
Seems like the person parked in a rather specific area, at a specific time, to approach her and she at first runs off but then they seem to have a discussion on the opposite side of the street before he grabs her and drags her up to the car.

Did Carlesha get off the bus? Was she on her phone at that time?

How did her abductor get her into the back seat of the car? With a gun?

It doesn't feel random to me. Looks purposeful. He headed to the corner, followed her, and fought her for some distance. He wasn't near the car when they started struggling. Maybe I need to rewatch.

Absolutely terrifying. I can't believe how bold the abductor was. Does anyone think the abduction was drug fueled?

Another thought, I'm wondering if there was more than one person in the car, maybe not visible in the video, because if she kicked out the windows, how would the driver be able to stop her from trying to jump out while driving the car.

I think she shot her. I think that is why that car reversed it out of there.

Why is it being reported that she didn't know her abductor?
Seems like the person parked in a rather specific area, at a specific time, to approach her and she at first runs off but then they seem to have a discussion on the opposite side of the street before he grabs her and drags her up to the car.

Did Carlesha get off the bus? Was she on her phone at that time?

How did her abductor get her into the back seat of the car? With a gun?

On the video, the reporter said while she was abducted their was audio that LE has reviewed and from that they don't believe it's random. She also said she had just finished visiting with her godson. I am guessing he lives near by?! My thoughts, she maybe didn't know him, but he knew her.

Police went back to the crime scene and found a glove. Hopefully DNA will match someone and they get her back home. Praying..

Local news is about to start. Carlesha's mom is making a plea for her daughter's return. Carlesha has not been found yet

On the video, the reporter said while she was abducted their was audio that LE has reviewed and from that they don't believe it's random. She also said she had just finished visiting with her godson. I am guessing he lives near by?! My thoughts, she maybe didn't know him, but he knew her.

Any idea what the audio source is?

NBC 10, FBI and police are strategizing to get her back. $10,000 rewards. Lots of tips, nothing has panned out. LE believe her attacker IS a stranger. Her mother begs "let her go" (so sad, very emotional) One witness rushed to help but couldn't do anything. Carlesha did kick out both back windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990