PA - Chloe Elizabeth Stein, 23, charged with faking own abduction, Hempfield Twp, 1 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jeannette woman missing since late Monday found safe Tuesday night

State police said Tuesday night that they located a woman who had been reported missing earlier in the day, prompting a search by helicopter in a wooded area of Hempfield.

Chloe Stein, 23, was found safe at a home in Jeannette around 8 p.m., according to Trooper Steve Limani. She was being interviewed.

MAY 2, 2023
After a report was issued on Tuesday notifying the public about a missing young woman, Pennsylvania State Police have confirmed the entire situation was a hoax.

[...]

Police said Stein sent the text to her boyfriend, but that she was not pulled over. Police would like to inform the public that there is no one impersonating police in the area.

A tip from Penn State helped police solve the case. They mentioned Stein had not been attending classes for nearly a year. Previous information indicated Stein was a senior in college who was about to graduate.

Stein allegedly ditched her car after driving a short distance following her shift at Sonic. She then made her way to Jeannette and stayed at the home of an acquaintance for about 21 hours.

According to police, Stein may be facing charges for the made-up story.

[...]

Oh wow, didn't expect this. So Chloe's family was under the impression that she's about to graduate from college this weekend and it turned out that she dropped out nearly a year ago?

Last edited:
MAY 2, 2023
After a report was issued on Tuesday notifying the public about a missing young woman, Pennsylvania State Police have confirmed the entire situation was a hoax.

[...]

Police said Stein sent the text to her boyfriend, but that she was not pulled over. Police would like to inform the public that there is no one impersonating police in the area.

A tip from Penn State helped police solve the case. They mentioned Stein had not been attending classes for nearly a year. Previous information indicated Stein was a senior in college who was about to graduate.

Stein allegedly ditched her car after driving a short distance following her shift at Sonic. She then made her way to Jeannette and stayed at the home of an acquaintance for about 21 hours.

According to police, Stein may be facing charges for the made-up story.

[...]
Bbm.
That sounds appropriate. ^^^
Any resources used should be paid in full by CS.

Think about how this could impact the victim of a true threat or crime !

"On Tuesday night, Trooper Steve Limani said the 23-year-old woman from Jeannette was found at the home of an acquaintance in Jeannette, adding she was never pulled over. Limani said Stein ditched her car Monday night and walked to the home in Jeannette, staying there until Tuesday night. A tip came in she was there.

Stein has been charged with false alarm to agency of public safety, false reports, obstruction of administration of law and other governmental functions, and disorderly conduct. She was taken to the Westmoreland County Prison Tuesday night."

Video: updated police statement and CS walking away handcuffed

"The only reason we are here before tomorrow is because the people need to know there is not somebody pulling people over this minute that is abducting people," Limani said.

[...]

Police said Tuesday night her story was made up. Stein's mom said she was set to graduate from Penn State Greater Allegheny this weekend, but a university official told police Stein was not in school for more than 1 1/2 years.

[...]

Police said they searched for six to seven hours on Tuesday using K-9s and a helicopter. Limani said police spent "tens of thousands of dollars" looking for her."

She was probably thinking " I'm supposed to graduate next weekend, how am I supposed to get out of that, oh wait, lets make a big commotion and take the heat off of me, lets feel bad for me" IMO
I'm thinking this isn't the only thing she's lied about, and realized things were about to close in on her and did this as an escape plan.

Yeah, bill her for the search costs, and "sentence" her to therapy.

I'm thinking this isn't the only thing she's lied about, and realized things were about to close in on her and did this as an escape plan.

Yeah, bill her for the search costs, and "sentence" her to therapy.
yeah, I bet the stress of having to "graduate" when she had dropped out got to her. I hope she gets the help she needs, but also she does need to face punishment to prevent other people thinking its a good idea to waste resources like this.

I knew a compulsive liar. All the lies built on top of each other until she had no way to go anymore. It kinda imploded her life and she had to start over. Ironically she herself became a therapist.

She was probably thinking " I'm supposed to graduate next weekend, how am I supposed to get out of that, oh wait, lets make a big commotion and take the heat off of me, lets feel bad for me" IMO
It's made it all so much better, hasn't it? :D Especially if her parents foot the bill for the chopper and searches!

Her poor parents! They would have been so proud of her this weekend, they must have bought their outfits for her graduation, and instead they have to deal with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back