GUILTY PA - Christy Ann Mirack, 25, E. Lampeter Twp, 21 Dec 1992 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Nina Michigan

Verified President/Founder of Missing in Michigan
Reaction score
Mirack, an elementary school teacher, was found strangled, beaten and sexually assaulted the morning of Dec. 21, 1992, in her townhouse, in East Lampeter twp, a small community just outside Lancaster PA.

The killing occurred between 7a, when her roommate left for work, and 7:45a when Christy leaves for work.

Key Moments in the Case - Timeline

Parabon labs image of killer

Police interviewed hundreds of people about her death, and took blood/hair from a few suspects, which ruled them out.

In 2007 her brother, Vince, put up a billboard in the community hoping to generate tips and leads in her case.

I used to have a good quality color photo of a very distinct white Daytona with louvers on the back window, I've read that the car may have been white or light/faded silver. I also have been able to gather the killer was likely on the tall side, over 6ft tall

Attachments

• daytona.jpg
    daytona.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 16
#LindySueBiechler & #DanaBailey next PA cases to be solved fingers crossed!

the white Daytona with louvers was so memorable, be interesting to see if he owned one

This guy has been around, wonder if he is responsible for any other ( alleged) murders/missing persons? imo speculatio.
Wedding, Event DJ, Photo Booth, Lighting | York, Lancaster, Harrisburg
DJ Freez® Biography
7fbbe8_76efff8ac8d84c6fa0d16f974f77529a~mv2_d_1500_2000_s_2.jpg

DJ Freez® started as a break dancer in the early 80's then started DJing shortly after and soon became a popular house party DJ in the mid 80's. After winning some local DJ battles he landed a small club appearance in the early 90's. This led him to landing a resident position in Pennsylvania at the famous Chameleon Club. This position lasted 15 years. While at the Chameleon Club his Friday night dance party with 600-800 guests each week, became the First Dance Party in the Central PA area to be broadcasted live on Clear Channel's WLAN FM97 (Club 969).

He then started Freez Entertainment (a party promotion company) booking such groups as: The Sugarhill Gang, the Cover Girls, The X-Ecutioners, DJ Craze, Lil Suzy, The Rock Steady Crew and many more.

DJ Freez® then added weddings and parties to his resume as he started doing weddings, holiday parties and events.

In 1996 DJ Freez® took on a 3 Month Club residence in Chile, South America. He worked the club life 6 nights a week in the tourist area of Pucon, Chile.

Upon returning to the States In 1997 he opened up a DJ Pro Retail Store "The 12 Spot" selling DJ equipment, records, CDS and clothing. Then he launched his DJ school based out of the retail store. The School taught upcoming DJ's how to time music, mix, scratch and break beats. More than 2 dozen central PA DJ's have gotten their start from DJ Freez®.

From there he landed his first NYC gig with Atomik design for the Sony Music Christmas Party in 2002. After the Sony party Freez worked venues in NYC such as Capital & Madison Square Garden doing preshow and after show parties for the TBS/TNT Network. These events included artist and events such as Sting, The Eagles, Lenny Kravitz, The Youth Aids Benefit and many others.

He has also done events with or for Paris Hilton, Brooke Hogan& "reggae legend" Beenie Man.

DJ Freez® has also been the DJ for Skechers Shoes, Ann Taylor Loft, The Muesum of Art, Park City Mall and many more.

DJ Freez® is currently a Remix DJ and Mobile DJ who has a mix show position with Clear Channel's WHKF 99.3 Kiss FM Every Friday at 5PM.

DJ Freez® currently does about 150 parties & events a year spinning all styles of music.

WOW I remember this case she was about my age. So scary that he was at a school function think of all the people he has been around.
Crazy that he got to have a wife and children of his own

Long news article about this case:

The slaying and sexual assault of schoolteacher Christy Mirack stumped homicide detectives for 25 years until new genetic genealogy technology produced a DNA match that led them Monday to a Lancaster disc jockey they never suspected.

Police arrested Raymond “DJ Freez” Rowe, 49, without incident Monday afternoon at his 249 Whittier Lane home on a count of criminal homicide for the Dec. 21, 1992 slaying inside Mirack's East Lampeter Township townhouse.

Police interviewed over 1,600 people over the years, all leading to dead-ends. But investigators did not give up trying to find whoever battered and strangled the 25-year-old Mirack as she was about to leave for Rohrerstown Elementary School, where she taught sixth grade.

At a news conference Monday, Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said the break came when a DNA sample from the crime scene was uploaded to a public genetic genealogy database. The result was a match to a close Lancaster County relative of Rowe's....

LINK:

Raymond ‘DJ Freez’ Rowe arrested for 1992 murder of schoolteacher Christy Mirack

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-26_8-25-50.png
    upload_2018-6-26_8-25-50.png
    68 bytes · Views: 2
Long news article about this case:

The slaying and sexual assault of schoolteacher Christy Mirack stumped homicide detectives for 25 years until new genetic genealogy technology produced a DNA match that led them Monday to a Lancaster disc jockey they never suspected.

Police arrested Raymond “DJ Freez” Rowe, 49, without incident Monday afternoon at his 249 Whittier Lane home on a count of criminal homicide for the Dec. 21, 1992 slaying inside Mirack's East Lampeter Township townhouse.

Police interviewed over 1,600 people over the years, all leading to dead-ends. But investigators did not give up trying to find whoever battered and strangled the 25-year-old Mirack as she was about to leave for Rohrerstown Elementary School, where she taught sixth grade.

At a news conference Monday, Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman said the break came when a DNA sample from the crime scene was uploaded to a public genetic genealogy database. The result was a match to a close Lancaster County relative of Rowe's....

LINK:

Raymond ‘DJ Freez’ Rowe arrested for 1992 murder of schoolteacher Christy Mirack
That is a good link!
“This killer was at liberty for this brutal crime longer than Christy Mirack was on this earth alive,” he said. “His apprehension was long overdue."

DNA match led to arrest
Investigators are not sure if Mirack knew Rowe, but it is possible she went to a club or event where they could have met, Stedman said.

Stedman said the investigation will continue to try to build an even stronger connection between Rowe and the victim.

Rowe was 24 at the time of the slaying and lived at 442 E. Chestnut St., about four miles from Mirack’s home."
"But Stedman said the investigation "is by no means closed."

Anyone who knows of a possible connection between Mirack and Rowe should contact the district attorney's office, he said."

Wow. She is my age and we had had the same major at Millersville U. We had to have graduated college together. I taught in a nearby elementary school, different district. I don't specifically remember her and I had moved from the state just before this happened in '91. I am floored and so, so glad her killer has been caught. I am sad for how innocent this close knit community of young teaching professionals was at that time and how horrible this crime must have been for them all.

Another court site I can't access over here....

If anyone finds his arraignment or any hearing dates - please post! He's in Lancaster County.

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back