PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pennsylvania mom charged with murder in deaths of children found hanged, DA says ‘horrific’ case ‘hits us in the heart’

THE MORNING CALL |
DEC 02, 2019 | 1:40 PM

Lisa Rachelle Snyder, 36, was charged Monday in the homicides of her children, 8-year-old Conner and 4-year-old Brinley.

The charges include first-degree murder, third-degree murder, tampering with evidence, endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty and sexual intercourse with a dog. According to court records, Snyder is being held in Berks County Jail without bail.

[..]

He [John Adams] said during her arrest, Snyder had “little to no emotion.”

[..]

He also said toxicology reports showed the children had no drugs in their system at the time.

Adams said Berks County Children and Youth was involved with the family and the children had been taken from Snyder in 2014 and returned to her in 2015. Adams said an investigation didn’t reveal any mistakes in the children being returned to their home.

[..]

Adams said after Snyder called 911 saying she found her children hanging, Snyder never returned to the basement as paramedics worked to save them.

[..]

According to court records detailing Snyder’s arrest:

Snyder had bought the dog lead the day before the children were found hanged and had picked it up from a Hamburg store that day. [..]

Authorities say one day before the children were found hanged in the basement, Snyder Googled “hanging yourself" and visited a website detailing an effective way of hanging a person. [..]

Snyder was interviewed by police on two occasions. She told police that Conner had been bullied because of his weight and had “lost 25 pounds since school started because he was starving himself.”

[..]

Snyder said the day her children died, Conner came home from school and asked her if he could go “downstairs to build a fort.” She said Conner asked if he could use a dog lead on the table that she had just bought that day and she said yes. Snyder said as Conner went up and down the stairs, taking dining room chairs with him, she was putting laundry away and went outside for a cigarette.

Snyder told police after about 10 minutes outside, she went back to ask the children what they wanted for dinner and that’s when she found them hanging. Snyder said she tried to lift her daughter, who weighs about 40 pounds, but she told police when her “anxiety spikes,” she starts to sweat profusely and was unable to remove the dog lead. Snyder also told police she tried to lift her son, who weighs about 150 pounds, but was unable to.

[..]

According to the affidavit, in the weeks leading up to the killings, Snyder sent at least three sexually explicit photos of herself engaged in sexual acts with a black and white dog to an unnamed person.

There is real evil in the world and the devil exists.

The psychiatrists will tell you differently. She will get a whole team of them at taxpayer expense, and if a trial is ever held it will be a long time from now. Please don't let this person ever be released from custody!

Last edited:
Lisa Snyder: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dec 2, 2019

The children died in Kempton, Pennsylvania. Authorities now say that they had suspicions about the deaths from the start. Lisa Snyder is now accused of multiple offenses; first-degree and third-degree murder, endangering the safety of children, having sex with an animal, cruelty to animals, and tampering with physical evidence.

“This was a horrific, tragic incident,” District Attorney John T. Adams said during a press conference announcing Snyder’s arrest.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Snyder Is Accused of Googling Information About How to Die From Carbon Monoxide

2. Snyder Is Also Accused of Sexual Intercourse With the Dog After Photos Were Unearthed

3. Snyder Previously Claimed That Her Son Was Bullied

4. Emergency Responders Found a Horrific Death Scene

5. The Children Were Known to Family & Youth Services Before Their Deaths

brinley.png

The cod is death by hanging. And they were alive, hanging when the first responders showed up.
Oh I know they were still alive, then on life support for a couple of days. I suppose I was thinking maybe she incapacitated them to the point of unconsciousness in a way that would correspond with similar injuries, then staged the rest. But it still would be difficult to get them into that position. I dont know, I guess I just can't fathom the scenario in which they would just climb up on chairs on their own, out of fear of her. But with all of the horrific details we have learned so far, it's definitely possible. :( .moo.

Oh I know they were still alive, then on life support for a couple of days. I suppose I was thinking maybe she incapacitated them to the point of unconsciousness in a way that would correspond with similar injuries, then staged the rest. But it still would be difficult to get them into that position. I dont know, I guess I just can't fathom the scenario in which they would just climb up on chairs on their own, out of fear of her. But with all of the horrific details we have learned so far, it's definitely possible. :( .moo.

I'm not trying to throw us back to page 1, post 1. Are we certain they were "alive"? I had it in my head they were on life support from the beginning. It usually takes a couple of days to establish brain death and make donor arrangements. JMO.

I need to reread early articles.

Authorities in Pennsylvania have confirmed the arrest of a 36-year-old mother in connection with the deaths of two of her children, who were found hanged in their home’s basement in late September.

Law enforcement officials in Berks County will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. about the charges against Lisa Rachelle Snyder.

On Monday, Snyder was charged with first-degree murder, third-degree murder, tampering with evidence, endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty and sexual intercourse with a dog, according to online records.

She is being held without bail. Information on her attorney, if she has one, was not immediately available.

Police previously had said the two young siblings were found Sept. 23 by their mother, hanging from a basement support beam next to chairs that had been tipped over.

Pa. Mom Charged With Murder 2 Months After Kids, 8 and 4, Are Found Hanging in Basement

I'm not trying to throw us back to page 1, post 1. Are we certain they were "alive"? I had it in my head they were on life support from the beginning. It usually takes a couple of days to establish brain death and make donor arrangements. JMO.

I need to reread early articles.
Two siblings who were found unresponsive at their Pennsylvania home and later died from their injuries were discovered hanging in the property's basement, it has been revealed.

Conner Snyder, 8, and Brinley L. Snyder, 4, were found by their mother inside their family home in Albany Township on September 23. Both were resuscitated and taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for treatment.
Siblings, aged 8 and 4, found hanged in basement of Pennsylvania home
===========
I set up a media thread for them
ETA: I googled unresponsive - it doesn't appear to mean " clinical death" - I know we have some medical people on the thread so perhaps they can help us understand?

Last edited:
Two siblings who were found unresponsive at their Pennsylvania home and later died from their injuries were discovered hanging in the property's basement, it has been revealed.

Conner Snyder, 8, and Brinley L. Snyder, 4, were found by their mother inside their family home in Albany Township on September 23. Both were resuscitated and taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for treatment.
Siblings, aged 8 and 4, found hanged in basement of Pennsylvania home
===========
I set up a media thread for them

This quote is what makes me wonder:

The children — Conner Snyder, 8, and Brinley L. Snyder, 4 — were unresponsive when discovered by their mother, Lisa Rachelle Snyder, 36, but were revived on their way to the hospital, say state police in Hamburg. They were placed on life support and pronounced dead three days later in Lehigh Valley Hospital near Allentown.

Children found unconscious in Albany Township were discovered hanging from basement rafters, authorities say

I know it makes no real difference as far as charges.

No. She’s even more disturbed than I thought. I’m surprised the kids survived as long as they did. God knows what went on in that house.

How can a creature like that be allowed to care for children?
The children had been removed from Snyder’s care in 2014 before they were returned early 2015. Children Protective Services had been involved with the family until Nov. 2015
:mad:

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
DA Adams: Speaking on Lisa Snyder's 911 call and initial interview - "It would be safe to say we immediately had questions." "Eight year olds, generally, that I am aware of, do not commit suicide. So of course we had questions." @ReadingEagle

11:30 AM - 2 Dec 2019

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
DA Adams: "It's just not right, and it's not fair." @ReadingEagle

11:23 AM - 2 Dec 2019

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
DA Adams: Said it was a "very emotional" investigation. "This is a horrific, tragic incident." "We are all very saddened by this incident that took place in Albany Township." @ReadingEagle

11:13 AM - 2 Dec 2019

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
DA Adams: Only person to ever say Conner Snyder was bullied was his mother, who is now charged with his murder. Lisa Snyder told police bullying left Conner suicidal. @ReadingEagle

11:08 AM - 2 Dec 2019

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
DA Adams: Lisa Snyder arrested at her home by state police about 9 am today. @ReadingEagle

11:02 AM - 2 Dec 2019

david mekeel‏ @dmekeel
I'll be covering DA John Adams' 2 pm press conference on the arrest of Lisa Snyder, accused of murdering two of her children. @ReadingEagle

10:19 AM - 2 Dec 2019

"Unresponsive" usually means the heart and breathing have stopped. They could have been "revived" by paramedics but that simply means a heartbeat has been restored. There was obviously massive brain damage from the loss of oxygen before their heartbeats returned. It only takes a few minutes for irreversible damage to occur.

"Unresponsive" usually means the heart and breathing have stopped. They could have been "revived" by paramedics but that simply means a heartbeat has been restored. There was obviously massive brain damage from the loss of oxygen before their heartbeats returned. It only takes a few minutes for irreversible damage to occur.

That's what I was thinking. Had they been unconscious there was no need to be "revived" from a coma like state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back