PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is just plain evil.
Indeed. And I don't think the mental illness defense will affect this Judge. I think LS's motive was LS and being free to pursue her new found source of income (abusing her dog) for pay per view. I suspect her first born was aging out of child support/maintenance and murdering her babies was LS pursuing a new life and lifestyle. It's been a long five years awaiting justice for Conner and Brinley. JMO

There isn't a jury! It's a bench trial
Just the same, the Judge already knows about this evidence since she ruled on it! Judge Johnson knows exactly who/what the defendant before her is, and what she did. Judge Johnson was appalled the parties agreed to a plea deal that did not represent justice for the victims that she immediately rejected it and left the Courtroom. And here we are today.

Even with the defence saying she had a pyschotic break, evidence in her own words shows she was aware of what was happening before and after the murders. She was researching methods to cause death, telling people her son was depressed; but not seeking help for him and if I remember correctly wasn't she hanging out on her porch smoking a cigarette when police arrived. Judge Johnson should have no problem doing the right thing for those poor children and find her guilty

Tuesday, Sept. 24th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 8:30am ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley L. Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 41) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree murder, 1 count of tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, 1 counts of animal cruelty & 2 counts of sexual intercourse with an animal (with a dog). [9/2/21: Animal cruelty & sex with dog severed from original charges.] Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek life w/o parole. Berks County
Bench Trail began on 9/16/24. Prosecutors rested their case on 9/20/24. Defense started their case on 9/23/24.
Berks County President Judge M. Theresa Johnson presiding. Lead prosecutor Meg McCallum & DA John Adams. Defense attorney Dennis Charles.

Information & court info from 12/19/19 thru 9/8/24 & Bench Trial Day 1-5 (9/16-20/24) reference post #912 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pt-2019-mom-arrested-graphic-2.488603/page-46

9/20/24 Friday, Trial Day 5-additional info: Berks County prosecutors rested their case late Friday morning, defense attorney Dennis Charles unsuccessfully sought an immediate acquittal, calling the case based on speculation & theory & 'all guesswork.'
9/23/24 Monday, Bench Trial Day 6: Opening statements by defense attorney Dennis Charles. Defense witnesses: Snyder's
Mother [no name given] & physician and psychiatrist Dr. Dung Tran.
The prosecution
rebutted Tran’s testimony with their own expert, psychologist & forensic psychologist Dr. John O’Brien.
For more info see post #926 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pt-2019-mom-arrested-graphic-2.488603/page-47
Bench trial continues on Tuesday, 9/24/24.

Even with the defence saying she had a pyschotic break, evidence in her own words shows she was aware of what was happening before and after the murders. She was researching methods to cause death, telling people her son was depressed; but not seeking help for him and if I remember correctly wasn't she hanging out on her porch smoking a cigarette when police arrived. Judge Johnson should have no problem doing the right thing for those poor children and find her guilty
I can't still get over the fact that she murdered Conner and Brinley and then fabricated lies about Conner in order to paint him as the one who committed this awful crime. That and the fact that she tried to sell Conner and Brinley's toys right after she killed them.

Here's a more in-depth article on yesterday's trial.

Seems to me the prosecutions rebuttal witness (Dr John O'Brien) was effective in challenging the testimony from defense mental health expert Dr Tran and there being no psychotic break. I think it was excellent that the prosecution emphasized LS penchant to exaggerate. JMO

"Lisa Snyder's Google searches in the weeks, days and hours leading up to the incident, including a visit to a website that gives instruction on how to [OP purposefully editing out content], and searches for the show "Almost Got Away With It" best episodes..."

Last edited:
*GRAPHIC ALERT*

According to Berks Assistant District Attorney K. Kenneth Brown, who presented the closing argument, Snyder had only planned to kill Connor.

Snyder saw him as being in her way, Brown said. He was keeping her from living the life she wanted by forcing her to spend all of her time being a mother.
[…]

According to Brown, Snyder set up the scene before Connor arrived home from school. She brought kitchen chairs down a narrow set of stairs and into the basement and tightly wrapped a newly-purchased dog lead around a support beam on the ceiling.

When her son arrived , Brown said, Snyder took him into the basement, looped the dog lead around his neck and began to hang him.

That’s when, Brown said, Brinley unexpectedly came into the basement. Snyder hadn’t planned on killing Brinley, whom she adored. But according to Brown, the child was now a witness to Snyder’s crime. So Snyder made the snap decision to end her daughter’s life, too.

Snyder wrapped the other end of the dog lead around the beam and set up a second chair, while a terrified Brinley huddled in a corner of the basement urinating on herself, Brown said. Then Snyder hanged her daughter.

“Because she was a witness to the murder of her brother, Connor,” Brown said.

*GRAPHIC ALERT*

According to Berks Assistant District Attorney K. Kenneth Brown, who presented the closing argument, Snyder had only planned to kill Connor.

Snyder saw him as being in her way, Brown said. He was keeping her from living the life she wanted by forcing her to spend all of her time being a mother.
[…]

According to Brown, Snyder set up the scene before Connor arrived home from school. She brought kitchen chairs down a narrow set of stairs and into the basement and tightly wrapped a newly-purchased dog lead around a support beam on the ceiling.

When her son arrived , Brown said, Snyder took him into the basement, looped the dog lead around his neck and began to hang him.

That’s when, Brown said, Brinley unexpectedly came into the basement. Snyder hadn’t planned on killing Brinley, whom she adored. But according to Brown, the child was now a witness to Snyder’s crime. So Snyder made the snap decision to end her daughter’s life, too.

Snyder wrapped the other end of the dog lead around the beam and set up a second chair, while a terrified Brinley huddled in a corner of the basement urinating on herself, Brown said. Then Snyder hanged her daughter.

Just when I thought this case couldn't get worse. She's a MONSTER!

*GRAPHIC ALERT*

[…]

I literally almost threw up reading this. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse. She is an absolute monster. She’s even surpassed Leticia Stauch on the despicable, degenerate, and soulless scale. Pure evil.

Thank you to the Judge for not accepting that BS plea deal and bringing justice to Connor and Brinley. They break my heart.

*GRAPHIC ALERT*

[…]

I think if she had zero intentions or inclination to kill her daughter, she would have killed her son when there was zero chance she'd be a witness.

Connor may have been the focus of her rage, but she matter of factly killed her daughter and tried to sell her toys after the fact while framing Connor for the crime. And Connor murdering Brinley made a better story.

I don't think she knows what parental love is.

MOO

I literally almost threw up reading this. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse. She is an absolute monster. She’s even surpassed Leticia Stauch on the despicable, degenerate, and soulless scale. Pure evil.

Thank you to the Judge for not accepting that BS plea deal and bringing justice to Connor and Brinley. They break my heart.
Totally agree. I think of all the murdered children, Gannon hit me the hardest. I actually don't sleep well at all lately, and last night I laid awake, crying for him. But this one here, she truly is evil personified.

I don't think she knows what parental love is.
You nailed it. She doesn’t deserve to be a parent, and her oldest son flat out told her in court he no longer considers her his mother.

Thursday will mark 5 years since Conner and Brinley were murdered. Brinley only got to be alive for 4 years.

Justice has finally been delivered.
May these two precious little ones now rest peacefully in the loving hands of a higher power.

1727231150568.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back