PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judges don't usually reject plea deals, so thank goodness there was a great judge on this case.
Time for justice for those lovely children.
Based on the new revelations here about Brinley, certainly put Judge Johnson storming out of the Courtroom after rejecting the plea deal in perspective. MOO

I could not access the Reading Eagle article - does it say WHEN sentencing is going to happen? TIA if anyone can help me!

Or @Seattle1 - maybe the court site has her sentencing date? TIA! :)
Sorry about that, @Niner. It comes up for me, although I don’t subscribe to it, not sure why?

It says ‘Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 17. Prosecutors have said they will seek a life sentence.’

9/24/24

"We're very pleased that Lisa Snyder will never see the light of day and she will spend the rest of her life in a jail, where she belongs," said Adams.

After the verdict, Snyder's attorney said he did not want to comment. He said he is not sure if they will be appealing.

Can you imagine how O. must be feeling after hearing about these details? That poor boy, I can't even imagine. I always felt so awful for him. I remember he stated very early on that he didn't believe Conner was being bullied or felt suicidal.

Poor Conner, how did she hate him so much? He was so loved by everyone at school, why couldn't she love him too? I can't even think about Brinley, what she saw and the realization she would be next had to be horrific.

Pennsylvania mother found guilty in hanging deaths of 2 young children

1727304255886.jpeg
1727304296830.jpeg
"We're very pleased that Lisa Snyder will never see the light of day and she will spend the rest of her life in a jail where she belongs."

On September 23, 2019, the two young victims were found hanging approximately three feet apart from a single wired cable with plastic coating in the basement of their Albany Township home after Snyder called 911,

Snyder was interviewed twice by authorities before she was taken into police custody and arraigned in Hamburg.

Authorities linked the mother to the children’s deaths after discovering internet searches for suicide and crime shortly before they were found.

Lisa Snyder is led into Berks County Court in Reading on Friday, Nov. 17, 2023. (Michael Rubinkam/AP)

Snyder’s interview with troopers delved heavily into her own mental health.

She told the troopers about an incident in 2014 when, after Snyder experienced thoughts about killing Connor and <modsnip>, the boys were taken away from her for six months by Berks County Children and Youth Services. She said she had a mental breakdown that she blamed on a contraceptive device implanted in her arm.

Snyder also talked about dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts throughout her life. She claimed she has ups and downs, with the “down” periods rendering her so anxiety and depression filled that she can’t function.

“I just feel sometimes I’m not worth being here,” she said.

“There were so many things I could have done different,” she said. “I hate myself right now.”

Near the end of the recording, after the official interview had concluded, Snyder can be heard lamenting what happened to her children.

“You’re 8, you shouldn’t be thinking about killing yourself,” she said. “You should be being a kid, having fun.”

Last edited by a moderator:
She recalled the 2014 incident that led Berks County Children and Youth Services to temporarily take Snyder’s children away. She was having violent thoughts about her children, she said, including about putting bottle caps and cords in 2-year-old Connor’s bed in hopes that he would choke to death in his sleep.

Waidelich also testified that when was a baby his mother talked about committing a murder-suicide with him because she felt his biological father had abandoned him. Snyder posited an idea that if she would ever decide to commit suicide she would put her son in the car with her and drive into a lake.

Thank you @steeltowngirl for the sentencing date! Now all I need is the time... :D
I know @Seattle1 is also watching for the docket to populate the sentencing time. So far, it hasn’t. Just shows the guilty charges.

FWIW, from this article:

“In Pennsylvania, a first-degree murder conviction carries with it an automatic sentence of life in prison.”

1727314578736.png

@Niner -- still nothing on the docket for sentencing date/time but the verdict acknowledged. Also, appears something previously sealed with Children Services Ordered unredacted by the Court:

1 09/19/2024 09/18/2024 Johnson, M. Theresa
Order RE: Berks County Children & Youth Services Shall Release & Provide A Complete & Unredacted
Berks County District Attorney's Office 09/23/2024 eService Served

Burke, James Joseph09/23/2024 eService Served
Charles, Dennis George09/23/2024 eService Served
McCallum, Margaret09/23/2024 eService Served2 09/24/2024

Johnson, M. Theresa Non Jury Trial - Guilty on counts 1, 2, 5, 6, 7
Berks County District Attorney's Office 09/25/2024 eService Served

Burke, James Joseph 09/25/2024 eService Served
Charles, Dennis George 09/25/2024 eService Served
McCallum, Margaret 09/25/2024 eService Served

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
v.
Lisa Rachelle Snyder

DISPOSITION SENTENCING/PENALTIES

Held for Court
Plea/Sentencing Court 09/24/2024 Not Final

1 / Murder Of The First Degree Guilty H1 18 § 2502 §§ A
2 / Murder Of The First Degree Guilty H1 18 § 2502 §§ A
3 / Murder Of The Third Degree Held for Court F1 18 § 2502 §§ C
4 / Murder Of The Third Degree Held for Court F1 18 § 2502 §§ C
5 / Endangering Welfare of Children -Parent/Guardian/Other Commits Offense Guilty F2 18 § 4304 §§ A1
6 / Endangering Welfare of Children -Parent/Guardian/Other Commits Offense Guilty F3 18 § 4304 §§ A1
7 / Tamper With/Fabricate Physical Evidence Guilty M2 18 § 4910 §§ 1
8 / Sexual Intercourse With Animal Severed M2 18 § 3129
9 / Cruelty to Animals Severed S 18 § 5533 §§ A
99,999 / Sexual Intercourse With Animal Charge Changed M2 18 § 3129
Replaced by 18 § 3129, Sexual Intercourse With Animal

Why did she kept having children if she had all of this issues and thoughts of killing them? And why was she allowed to have custody of them when she was so vocal about killing them? This case wasn't caused by a mental breakdown though, she only planned to kill Conner, it wasn't anything like "I've lost my mind and I'm going to kill my children", for some reason, it was just Conner. Poor boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back