PA PA - Edna Thorne, 15, Philadelphia, 24 June 1975

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PonderingThings said:
Hollow I checked my email and I have already received a reply from Christine Thorne. What a nice person!

Although its not her, she does hope that we (someone) finds her! She sent back a very nice email.

smile.gif
Process of elimination!!!! The Edna Thorne church lady probably isn't her either, but geez, how many Edna Thorne's can there be, and tomorrow's Sunday.....

PonderingThings said:
Do you want to try sending an email to church Edna, or should I?
crazy1.gif
I was thinking we should just call.

I'm not the "telephone type", but if you are I say go for it!!

She's a church lady! Odd are she'll be very nice!

I found an article last night that mentioned that Edna's case was being investigated by a Philadelphia police officer named Virginia Hill. I don't know if she is still on the case. Nothing new in article about Edna though.

This may or may not be a long shot, but I watched this show about a serial killer operating on the East Coast, mostly New Jersey area. I think he was arrested in the early eighties, his name was James Paul. His known trade was working on horse farms, I wonder if he was employed where Edna disappeared from. They convicted him of three murders and he has described to investigators two others, but they don't know who these two others were.

James Pauls activities before he was arrested are rather interesting. He is currently serving the first of three consecutive life sentences in Trenton Prison. He is known as " The Executioner "

He killed Virginia Vickery in New Jersey in 1984. He had just been charged with domestic violence against the girlfriend he was living with at the time, Rose Hoover. She kicked him out, he took up residence at the Belvedere hotel, where he met Ms. Vickery. There was a break-in at the horse farm where Mr. Paul was employed, two firearms were stolen. He took Ms. Vickery on a drive out to Island Stock road in Reddington Township. He forced her out of the car, forced her to kneel and beg for her life, all along shouting " Rose " at her. He shot her three times.

Next, he drove to Connecticut, where he killed Robin White. He was also employed at a horse farm at this location. He says he picked her up hitchhiking. She had been out looking for a job. He says he told her that he owned the horse farm where he was working. They drove around for days, his story to her was he was going to buy some more horses and couldn't locate the address he was looking for. Police have no way of knowing if she became suspicious that something was wrong. He took her to a secluded road in Huntington, Connecticut and shot her twice. The sad thing about this case is that a family out walking heard rustling in the bushes where she lay dying. The father looked and seen her moving, but for whatever reason hurried his family along. He returned about 10 hours later and then phoned police. She was in a different position and location the second time he viewed her.

James Paul then moved on to Vermont where he shot and killed George Cole at a rest stop area.

Police finally apprehended Paul at a North Arlington, New Jersey Diner.

He said that he had committed two other killings. He said he was at a rest area on an Interstate Highway and he was drinking beer with 2 men with Canadian accents. He said he shot them both and rolled them down an embankment. He said they were driving a black car/with red interior, it had Canadian liscense plates. Police do not know who these men were.

I would think that this information might be of interest to the detective who has her cold case.. Have you contacted?

Hollow said:
This may or may not be a long shot, but I watched this show about a serial killer operating on the East Coast, mostly New Jersey area. I think he was arrested in the early eighties, his name was James Paul. His known trade was working on horse farms, I wonder if he was employed where Edna disappeared from. They convicted him of three murders and he has described to investigators two others, but they don't know who these two others were.

Actually, I don't know if I should or not because Edna disappeared in 1975, which was 9 years before James Paul was arrested. I know that the investigators that worked on his case would be overjoyed to get him the death penalty, because at the time when he was convicted, they could not, now New Jersey has the death penalty. Anyways, everytime I call to tip anything, I find out someone has already called and tipped it (this is so silly) so I dare not, so if anyone thinks it's a good idea to, GO FOR IT!!!!!!:) :) :) Does Pennsylvania have the Death Penalty???? Even if he got convicted for Edna, would that overwrite his three life sentences??? I'm confused.

Hollow said:
... Does Pennsylvania have the Death Penalty???? Even if he got convicted for Edna, would that overwrite his three life sentences??? I'm confused.
A crime has to be tried by a court which has jurisdiction over the crime and its location. So, if a person imprisoned in NJ, and is connected by evidence to a crime in PA, then a court in PA has to charge him, and a request for extradition goes out from PA to NJ.

How old is James Paul, and what would his age have been in 1975? The next big question would be, What was he doing between 1975 and 1984?

bumping Edna's thread for someone looking at it !!!!:)

Today, June 24, 2007, marks the thirty-second anniversary of Edna's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. If you have any information, PLEASE call the Philadelphia Police Department at 215-685-1173 or your local police department (you can remain annonymous).

I thought I would bump this case up, since Wendy Eaton' s case has bee brought up. The time frame and area are very close.

Wanted to bump this since Edna's circumstance of disappearance has changed and it looks like they updated her DNA status.

I wonder why doenetwork doesn't give the information that she was leaving a realtive's horse farm. Obviously there aren't going to be horse farms in center city....so this had to have happened on the outskirts of Philly. I know they try to keep as much information from the public as possible so that if someone would come forward they'd be giving real information and not just something they read online but it makes it so much harder to try to solve this or at least work out the details. :banghead: Anyway, that was my rant. I'm going to try to contact them and get her report. I should be able to get this right? Is this public information?
I think Edna went missing from the Roxborough section of the city. I moved there in August and went to the Andorra Library and Edna's missing flyer was actually on ther bulletin board. It has since been taken down. There are also the horse stables right across from Saul High School there.

I'm wondering how rural that section of the city was back in the 70s. In addition to the farm area, you have the Wissahickon park lands--good spot to hide someone in.

I know the family and I have talked to them in great lengths. The horse stable they left from my my uncles horse at the time he was about 15 years old. That day that she came up missing he and my other two other family member were due to go to work on the trash truck as usual. Bottom line My two uncles were not allowed to go to work the next day on the trash truck but "Frank Ryan" took the truck to the dump that day without anyone else. The cops have questioned on of my uncles and he took them to the spot he believed the body was dumped. So you might be asking yourself who "Frank Ryan" is he is the missing girls brother in law. He is well known for child molester and rapist of most family members. So if you are still looking for this missing girl maybe you should go knocking on his door because everyone in the family thinks he did it but the DA has never questioned him even though so many family members believe him to me a cereal killer.

my uncles horse stable was on " I and tioga" right next to the railroad track. He remembers the day she left.. she forgot her cigarettes and never came back for them. Her and Frank were fighting that day because he raped her and I guess got her pregnant. If his wife found out it would have ended his marriage. Normally my uncles would have to miss school to work on the truck and for some reason they were not allowed to go on this trip which was very unusual.

PS remember Deloes Dela-pina maybe you should ask Frank Ryan about her as well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back