PA - Ellen Greenberg, 27, Philly teacher’s brutal stabbing, ruled suicide but possible homicide, Jan 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So much good information on the thread.

Speculation after listening to podcasts, reading.

I would like to see a complete and comprehensive timeline of all events.

Starting with when EG put gas in her car approx 1:27 pm

What is the window of opportunity for whatever happened.

A comment on X points out either almost 5 hours from gas in car to BF texting/ then 911

Or

30 minutes when BF was at the gym

Then using the rigor mortis info previously posted * can any conclusions be
made?

I remember hearing EG face was red. Or purplish. Don’t know source.

* Rigor mortis appears approximately 2 hours after death in the muscles of the face, progresses to the limbs over the next few hours, completing between 6 to 8 hours after death. [10] Rigor mortis then stays for another 12 hours (till 24 hours after death) and then disappears.

Methods of Estimation of Time Since Death - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

@BrianEntin

"They didn't care what I was saying. They were checking the box."Ellen Greenberg's best friend says Philadelphia Police already had their mind made up about what happened when they interviewed her.And she says now there is no documentation of her interview with police.

"He knows I didn't walk up with him. I get angry when I hear that."The security guard/concierge working the day Ellen Greenberg was killed says he never accompanied her fiancé to the apartment or told him how to bust open the door.

Did Ellen wear the hoodie pulled up?

Is there evidence someone put the hoodie on after her death? Or pulled it up to cover the gash in her scalp.

It seems crucial in initially concealing a blatant murder.

Or was it enough to prop her up with her back against the wall?

Looking at the crime scene, she must have laid with her head on the floor because that head gash would have bled a lot. Since there’s not much blood on the corner you’d expect that she had stopped bleeding well before she was propped up against the cupboards.

How is it possible Ellen Greenberg stabbed herself 20 times?How did her fiancé initially not notice the knife sticking out of her chest?I'm back in Philly-Saw crime scene photos and talked to fmr prosecutor on the case who says "definitely not a suicide." Live at 10 @NewsNation

And I'm not talking about the crime scene photos on the internet. I was shown the raw photos to see for myself how noticeable the steak knife is. Not showing on TV -- but will describe.

1/3
I saw the non public Ellen Greenberg crime scene photos. The Philadelphia medical examiner ruled her death a suicide, despite her being stabbed 20 times.The steak knife sticking out of her chest is the first thing I noticed along with a lot of blood and her eyes being open.

2/3
The prosecutor assigned to the case, Guy D'Andrea, says there is no way it's a suicide.He says the medical examiner agreed to change the cause of death, but then D'Andrea left the state attorney's office for private practice. The AG took over and determined it's suicide.

@BrianEntin

There has been so much focus on the 20 stab wounds on Ellen Greenberg's body and how could she possibly do that to herself.But autopsy photos also show bruises all over her body. "The patterns were consistent with a repeated beating," one expert wrote. Full report:

For the first time - the Philadelphia Fire Paramedic Captain who responded to the Ellen Greenberg call tells his story.What he saw - what Ellen's fiancé told him - and why he says he was suspicious from the moment he walked into the apartment. Interview at 10pm on @NewsNation.

Liz Jassin, Brian Entin

Updated: SEP 18, 2024 / 10:56 PM CDT

bob_003.gif

NewsNation) — NewsNation’s Brian Entin has uncovered discrepancies in the Ellen Greenberg autopsy report.

Greenberg’s body was discovered Jan. 26, 2011, by her fiancé, Samuel Goldberg, who told police he kicked open the apartment door after returning home from the gym and receiving no answer from Greenberg. Once inside, Goldberg said, he found his fiancée in the kitchen, leaning against a cabinet with a knife in her chest and 20 stab wounds. Greenberg suffered stab wounds to her torso, back and head.

Greenberg’s death was initially ruled a homicide, then quickly reclassified as a suicide.

Full article at link...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back