GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This murder story has been in every local newspaper since it happened and was reported this week, and on every local TV station, nightly.

I meant on here and on the internet in general....not watching TV much these days.

Can't see it. Too arrogant. Thinks he can still get away with this.

I read and re-read the article in the Inquirer. I don't understand completely. However I thought just like you, AWL this guy seems so pompous and arrogant and probably condescending. Who else could want that poor, nice woman obliterated like that? So, confess and ya get manslaughter?

I read and re-read the article in the Inquirer. I don't understand completely. However I thought just like you, AWL this guy seems so pompous and arrogant and probably condescending. Who else could want that poor, nice woman obliterated like that? So, confess and ya get manslaughter?
Manslaughter?? This guy is guilty of first-degree murder and should be tried and convicted of that.

Robb admitted killing Ellen and he took the manslaughter deal. It's all over the news. I would imagine it will be on all of the Philly local news programs tonight, CNN tonight at 8 PM on Headline News and Greta's show later at 10 PM.

I can't say any more than I am all at once shocked, relieved, heartbroken for Olivia and Ellen's family, and more. I hope he gets the maximum, is denied parole when it comes up, and rots in jail for the rest of his life.

The AP story says that the maximum jail term is 7 years. I have a new computer at work and it has VIsta and I can't figure out how to do links.

Yes, the story he told was that it was really her fault-She pushed him and then he lost it....I see-give someone a shove and expect to be obliterated in their rage at your affrontery. Somehow this does not constitute a deterrent for a crime like this...

This is a freaking Outrage!!--only seven years for this brutal murder--WTF is wrong with the Pennsylvania justice system, or is it the incompetent detectives who can't build a case?--this guy needs to be executed--pathetic--Pennsylvania just proved that you can indeed get away with murder

This is a freaking Outrage!!--only seven years for this brutal murder--WTF is wrong with the Pennsylvania justice system, or is it the incompetent detectives who can't build a case?--this guy needs to be executed--pathetic--Pennsylvania just proved that you can indeed get away with murder
Hopefully, he'll die in prison. Doesn't he have cancer?

I don't know whether or not this is a comfort to you, but it is very,very rare to die from thyroid cancer. Less than 1% who are diagnosed with it die from it-my dad died from it but he had an inability to uptake radioactive iodine and his was a very aberrant form of the cancer...(he was in the military and had some unusual exposure to nuclear warheads.) Most of the time you get a thyroidectamy, radioactive iodine and then thyroid meds for the rest of your life.

So unless he is unlucky in his biological makeup, he will definitely be out to do this again to his next lover...sorry for the cynicism.

This is the form of thyroid cancer which killed both Justice Rehnquist and my young neighbor. It is agressive, requires agressive treatment, and kills most people within a couple of years. If Robb has this type, his chances are nil.

Robb admitted killing Ellen and he took the manslaughter deal. It's all over the news. I would imagine it will be on all of the Philly local news programs tonight, CNN tonight at 8 PM on Headline News and Greta's show later at 10 PM.

I can't say any more than I am all at once shocked, relieved, heartbroken for Olivia and Ellen's family, and more. I hope he gets the maximum, is denied parole when it comes up, and rots in jail for the rest of his life.

I agree AWL...My prayers are for Olivia and Ellen's family.

I was surprise to hear he called his daughter and told her what he did. I suppose he owed her that much...looser!

I can only hope DA Bruce Castor creates a strong case demanding the highest sentence. You know the Defense will request the lowest amount of years served. A good judge will probably take a number of things into consideration before making a decision. I PRAY it's not a tap on the hand and that 4-7 years in prison. I hope the DA's case is strong enough to get more than 10, that whittled down from 20 and up from the minimum the Defense will ask for.

AND let's hope he'll have parole requests denied.

This is a very sad, sad day. "I lost it" is a very weak, pathetic and cowardly excuse for killing his wife, and his child's mother. There is much outrage over today's events.

I couldn't believe it, AWL. I am so very sorry. Hoping Bruce Castor does his job. Many are outraged as I understand Mrs. Robb was a wonderful mom and a good person.

This is the form of thyroid cancer which killed both Justice Rehnquist and my young neighbor. It is agressive, requires agressive treatment, and kills most people within a couple of years. If Robb has this type, his chances are nil.
I don't want to wish ill on anyone, but I will make an exception in a case where a man beat his innocent wife to death--all because she finally got up enough courage to leave an abusive relationship.

I don't want to wish ill on anyone, but I will make an exception in a case where a man beat his innocent wife to death--all because she finally got up enough courage to leave an abusive relationship.

It is so tragic and sickening.
It sends a very very bad message out there that killing your wife - if you admit it and cop a plea, even after covering it up, denying it for almost one year, spending taxpayers money -- you serve your little prison term and then go home and back to your family. They actually reported that on the News --he thinks "he'll be out in time to go back to raising his daughter." WHAT ARE THEY, NUTS?? After he killed her mother, and everything she's lived through with the wake he left, she's going to welcome him home?

I knew Ellen and she was a devoted and loving mother. She suffered an empty and cold marriage and was finally committed to choosing happiness for the rest of her life. At least she felt free for a while having made the decision to leave.

I am outraged he did this to Ellen, Olivia and Ellen's family and friends and will not suffer appropriate consequences and a significant jail term.

Ellen's loss was tragic and this loss of due justice feels very bad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back