GUILTY PA - Jarrod Tutko, 9, disabled, starved to death, Harrisburg, 29 July 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else think there is a familial resemblance between the two parents ?? Today was the first time I saw photo of mom and thought OMG could they be relatives? MOO

Ewww. Yes. That's eerie.

Their eyes, nose and mouth are very similar.

so she lost custody of four older children and there were five (is that right?) children in the home when Jarrod was ignored and starved to death.

So 8 children at the ripe old age of 39? Have these people never heard of birth control?? So angry right now.

so she lost custody of four older children and there were five (is that right?) children in the home when Jarrod was ignored and starved to death.

So 8 children at the ripe old age of 39? Have these people never heard of birth control?? So angry right now.

That article is very confusing... It almost seems to me as if there were ten children. She lost custody of four children and then it says there were five other children besides Jarrod in the house when he died.

way too many kids for someone that age, with seriously ill children who require so much attention and care, that is for sure.

Wonder what the rights termination re previous four children was about. You have to pretty much totally F it up to not get your kids back IME. CPS can't wait to reunify, so when they don't big big red flag.

way too many kids for someone that age, with seriously ill children who require so much attention and care, that is for sure.

Wonder what the rights termination re previous four children was about. You have to pretty much totally F it up to not get your kids back IME. CPS can't wait to reunify, so when they don't big big red flag.

I agree. CPS is generally all about educating parents and reuniting families. The article states she lost custody after a six month had two head injuries in a short period. Obviously there were signs of abuse or other issues or all four children wouldn't have been removed from the home, and her rights terminated. They don't mention Jarrod Sr so I wonder if those four aren't his children?

I agree. CPS is generally all about educating parents and reuniting families. The article states she lost custody after a six month had two head injuries in a short period. Obviously there were signs of abuse or other issues or all four children wouldn't have been removed from the home, and her rights terminated. They don't mention Jarrod Sr so I wonder if those four aren't his children?

Apparently the first four children removed were from a previous marriage:

1993: Schuylkill Children and Youth Services records reflect an "Indicated finding of abuse" against Kimberly Tutko related to an incident with an older child from a previous marriage.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...o_homicide_timeline.html#incart_story_package

I read the charging documents last night - ugh. I almost lost it at the part where the dad tried to wash feces off of Jarrod's head in order to show him to the social worker. The older brother was so brave to reveal some of the stuff that went on in that house of horrors. Kind of like Bella G-C's sister.

SMH in cases where a youngster shows more maturity and honesty than the parents...

In 1993 the other four children were taken from her? So she was 18 then? And had four kids? That can't be correct??

In 1993 the other four children were taken from her? So she was 18 then? And had four kids? That can't be correct??

In the charging doc it stated that her parental rights to the other children were terminated later.

From the linked article:

After 1993 incident – Kimberly terminates her parental rights to that child. She also terminates her parental rights to three other children from her first marriage for "unrelated reasons.

Date undetermined: Kimberly marries Jarrod Tutko Sr.

No specific dates were given but her first child with JT Sr. was born in 2000 so maybe she lost the four kids over a 7 year period?

In the charging doc it stated that her parental rights to the other children were terminated later.

From the linked article:

After 1993 incident – Kimberly terminates her parental rights to that child. She also terminates her parental rights to three other children from her first marriage for "unrelated reasons.

Date undetermined: Kimberly marries Jarrod Tutko Sr.

No specific dates were given but her first child with JT Sr. was born in 2000 so maybe she lost the four kids over a 7 year period?

Confusing, the information must not be available? She definitely had a six month old at 18 years old, if the other three kids were born after, she terminated her rights to really young children just to have more right away?? Very odd no matter which way is correct.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Parents-charged-in-death-of-son-found-in-home-5790181.php

Police said in documents charging Kimberly and Jarrod Tutko Sr. on Monday for the death of Jarrod Tutko Jr. that the 17-pound child had been living in a bare room smeared with a thick layer of feces, and had suffered from several painful conditions.

The bedroom door was locked from the outside and he slept on the bare floor, police said.

"The inside door knob and light switch were both covered in smeared feces," wrote Harrisburg Detective Rodney Shoeman. "The light in the room was found to be inoperable. Located in the middle of the floor was a feces covered stuffed rabbit and blanket. Flies swarmed throughout the room."

A 10-year-old girl who was close to death was also found in the home and needed urgent medical attention, police said.

The couple's five other children who lived in the home have been placed in foster care,

Glad to hear about the parents' charges. It's all right and just. They will have their day in court, and then be sentenced accordingly.

Apparently the first four children removed were from a previous marriage:

1993: Schuylkill Children and Youth Services records reflect an "Indicated finding of abuse" against Kimberly Tutko related to an incident with an older child from a previous marriage.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...o_homicide_timeline.html#incart_story_package

I read the charging documents last night - ugh. I almost lost it at the part where the dad tried to wash feces off of Jarrod's head in order to show him to the social worker. The older brother was so brave to reveal some of the stuff that went on in that house of horrors. Kind of like Bella G-C's sister.

SMH in cases where a youngster shows more maturity and honesty than the parents...

This is one of the most horrific cases of long-term child abuse I've seen in a long, long time. My college senior paper was on child abuse....in 1973. Nothing has really changed or improved. These disabled children were paychecks to their parents.

JMO

I'm not quite sure that the weight of "16.9 pounds" is correct... not because it's inconceivable for a nine-year-old who has starved to death, but because the boy is also described as 40 inches tall. That's about the height of a five-year-old but only about half the weight of a five-year-old. I don't know that any human being could have held on to life long enough to weigh that little. Perhaps it was 16.9 kilograms?

This is disgusting to do to a precious innocent child. God bless him :( I hope justice will be served.

From: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...o_jrs_parents_colle.html#incart_story_package

HARRISBURG – Kimberly and Jarrod Tutko Sr. didn't have jobs, but they collected $3,191 per month in disability payments and food stamps.

From: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...tutko_court_records.html#incart_story_package

Kimberly Tutko told PennLive in August that her children were not paychecks and that she turned down medical help for her multiple severely disabled children because the quality of the workers was low and that the hours they were available weren't convenient.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back