Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more comment: I find it notable how the police continue to refer to the “biological mom” .. IMHO that is revealing. At the same time as I think sitter was last to admit seeing King and that raises serious concerns, I also think the evidence suggests she may have been more of a mother to King than his “biological” mom prior to whatever happened here. MOO.

probably also because they keep referring to the stepdad as stepdad jmo

I still have questions about the mom. Just because she SAID she hasn’t seen him in weeks doesn’t mean that’s necessarily true.
True. That can also be said about all three. We don't know if the babysitter dropped off the child with the mom and we don't know if the stepfather knows for sure that he was dropped off where or when she said he was.

I've seen two interviews with the mother but I have not seen either the babysitter or the stepfather speak publicly. Are any of them actively searching for the child?

It seems the last time King was seen by someone other than those involved was on July 4th when he was with the babysitter. Then three days later she allegedly dropped him off with his mother.

I guess we still don't know if LE has been able to confirm any of this.

Wondering what the set up was with the stepfather. How did he support them? Did he work? If so who did the mother think would watch King. Did she expect him to watch him 24/7?

I can't get my head around this living arrangement. Was there government money involved? If so who receives it, mom or stepfather? JMOO

Wondering what the set up was with the stepfather. How did he support them? Did he work? If so who did the mother think would watch King. Did she expect him to watch him 24/7?

I can't get my head around this living arrangement. Was there government money involved? If so who receives it, mom or stepfather? JMOO
Yes, he works. I've also wondered about aid, I guess they had that part worked out between them if it was received?

I can NOT believe King is still missing! Where on earth could he be?

I truly hope he is in hiding with someone because of some stupid custody issue. I know this is not likely at this point, but I can wish.

Sigh...:(

Reading about King reminds me of this Lancaster, PA case from 1991. “Squirt” Lewis.

James Dupree Lewis Jr. – The Charley Project

His body was never found, despite massive efforts.

But that was back in the day before cameras and GPS devices were everywhere. I’m hoping there’s footage or phone data here that can determine who is telling the truth (or some of the truth) and help find poor little King.

BBM - I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that mom probably didn't care who it was, as long as it wasn't her. jmo

I can't wrap my head around any of this either. I'm also very curious whether or not stepdad paid the babysitter and what that whole arrangement was.

I would think phone records could quickly get to the bottom of who is lying. If babysitter dropped King off to mom, there would have to be some sort of contact to discuss the logistics (time, place, etc). And phone pings should be able to give a good idea where each party was at the time of the alleged drop off.

I wonder if stepdad also had the older child? Where is that child? Is he the primary parent for both kids? This stinks every which way you look at it...
The older child is 7years old and autistic, according to the Mom, she almost makes it sound like she has her.
Mom also says she doesn't think hes hurt, I agree with her I think he doesn't feel anything and is no longer with us. IMO
Mom Pleads for Safe Return of 2-Year-Old Missing in Philly

I hear ya. The mother seems awful. But I am still stuck on the police are questioning the timeline. They are clearly questioning the day/ week that King went missing. The only one who claimed to see King the 7th was the sitter. She may be the only one claiming to see him in recent weeks! Mom hasn’t seen him for weeks, unclear what’s stepdad says. It’s a really sad statement about mom and step dad. But hard to understand why sitter would lie about the date or would have trouble finding proof through photos or witnesses. Unless something bad or illegal happened on her watch.

I'm wondering, why does she seem awful? Is there something specific? I've only seen the 1 interview with her so maybe I'm missing something.

I listened to another Mom of a missing child speak out today, same thing (a lot of I's & Me's). Seems to be a common denominator :(
I'm pretty sure I might say the exact same kind of thing if my baby dude was missing. I'd be heartsick, I'd be frantic, I'd be worried sick. Lots of I's there because when a mama's baby goes missing, mama is missing part of her heart. I see nothing out of the ordinary with mom saying those sorts of things.

jmo

IMO, the Mom, (who is the only one of the three ever seen on video) shows fear and anxiety regarding the safety of her son. Evident to me also, is anger for being set up and lied to by the other two. There were real tears and sobs , along with an unimaginable emotional instability. The truth is out there!

I don't know guys, I'm flip-floppy on the Mom. Is she telling the truth, maybe just feels guilty about the circumstances? Something wonky ...
Can you guys watch the video and give an opinion?

Mom to me, is 100% believable. And angry, and in shock.
I believe as the mom stated, the babysitter is lying.
I've not seen any interviews with the babysitter, or the step-dad, so it's impossible to know how they come across, but mom comes across as entirely legit.

jmo

Kimberly Hill added that she doesn’t think the stepfather was involved in the child’s disappearance.

Burgmann said the situation came to light after the stepfather reached out about dropping some things off at the mother’s house and learned that King was not with her.

“The stepfather reached out to her and asked how the child was doing. He was going to drop something off at the house. That’s what alerted to her, he’s not here. And that’s when it all came to light,” he said.

Police said last week that someone is lying and they’re trying to determine who. Burgmann said both the babysitter and the mother have been interviewed. While the babysitter claimed she dropped the toddler off with Amber Hill, the boy’s mother. Amber, however, said it never happened.

“We have the babysitter saying she turned the baby over. We have the mother saying no she did not,” Burgmann said, according to CBS Philly.

‘I can’t sleep because my son is out there’: Tot still missing after babysitter claims to have dropped him off with his mother

Members may discuss and question the facts respectfully, but in accordance with Websleuths victim friendly policy, until/unless there is an officially named POI/suspect in this little guy's disappearance, please forego the blatant victim blaming.

Thank you.

Babysitter's family is quite vocal on Facebook, why don't they talk to MSM then?
Is there no reporter in the area who wants some fame covering an intriguing and sad case like this?! Court tv, crime online, something,this needs more coverage IMO

I am not so sure about the mom, I think there might be mental health issues MOO or perhaps drugs JMO.

Are there any organised searches at all? Where would you look?!
So bizarre, I can't see him found alive unfortunately Just My Opinion.

Kimberly Hill added that she doesn’t think the stepfather was involved in the child’s disappearance.

Burgmann said the situation came to light after the stepfather reached out about dropping some things off at the mother’s house and learned that King was not with her.

“The stepfather reached out to her and asked how the child was doing. He was going to drop something off at the house. That’s what alerted to her, he’s not here. And that’s when it all came to light,” he said.

RSBM

This is the story, the set up right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth