Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to interrupt again. Please read the following message from Tricia:

Dear Everyone,

This will be a quick message.

We need your help as soon as possible to keep Websleuths from going dark.
COVID-19 cut our revenue drastically. We are slowly creeping back up but we are still very short.
I wish I had the money to handle myself but Websleuths is my full time job.

We have two ways to donate
CLICK HERE TO SEND USING WEBSLEUTHS PAYPAL

CLICK HERE TO GET VENMO and the user name on Venmo is Tricia-Griffith-14

Please DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY unless you can truly afford to do so.

If you have questions please email rather that post here. My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

This is urgent. Any donation is appreciated.

Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Owner Websleuths.com

So... mother and stepfather live close to each other. Mother asked for time with King in a couple of weeks for his birthday. Instead, the babysitter alleges to have taken him to her on July 7. I assume it was on the stepfather's instructions.

Is the babysitter a friend or is she a "friend" IYKWIM. Either way how could the grandmother not know anything about a babysitter if the woman has been providing child care for King for two years - IOW since he was born?

I sure hope LE has a bead on what happened because I sure can't figure it out. So far LE hasn't confirmed the witness sighting of King on July 4 and until they do IMO the last time he was seen by anyone other than the three people remains unclear.
I can’t understand why king’s mother has to ask for time with her bio toddler when she and the stepfather are not even together anymore. Isn’t it her right to have her son when she wants to? IMO previous stepfather doesn’t have rights with King. IMO. Weird

I can’t understand why king’s mother has to ask for time with her bio toddler when she and the stepfather are not even together anymore. Isn’t it her right to have her son when she wants to? IMO previous stepfather doesn’t have rights with King. IMO. Weird
It sounds to me as if he acts like the boy's father and she treats him as such, and that he is the boy's primary caretaker.
If that's the case it'd make sense (to me) that she'd respect whatever custody agreement they have, and ask for time, rather than go about it any other way.
I could be wrong, but that's the vibe I'm getting here.

To be fair "asked" was my wording. Different reports word it differently but right now we have no specific information on the arrangement King's mother had with the stepfather. From an early report:

The toddler's grandmother, Kimberly Hill, told Action News that King's stepfather had the boy since the end of May.

The stepfather was to drop King off at the mom's house in two weeks for the toddler's birthday.

Instead, the mom received a text from the stepfather that set off the search for her son. The stepfather said a babysitter had dropped off King.

"She gets a text saying, 'Did you get the baby? She dropped him off at 33rd and Diamond.' That's the first time we heard of this babysitter. I don't know who this woman is," Kimberly Hill said.
'We're leaving no stone unturned': Search continues for missing 2-year-old boy last seen in Philadelphia

So it may be that the two had a prearranged agreement on dates. But then that doesn't explain the early drop off by the babysitter. I guess we'll have to wait for more news. I hope he's warm and fed wherever he is. It gives me shivers to think how scared he'd be. :(

But IMO I'm afraid King may be deceased. All MOO.

Gray Hughes discussed King Hill last night
Around the 17 minute mark, sources too

Not sure YouTube is allowed? But since you posted, did you find anything new or noteworthy? I could hardly stand it, even fast forwarding on 1.5x and saw nothing new or insightful. Such a time-wasting YouTube channel it seems.

Who is zooming who? As an old song goes. Where the he** is this gorgeous baby?

Unflippinbelievable! We have to change channels in Filly's Ma's house because it breaks your heart.

Be safe, and healthy, King wherever you are and go home to whoever it is that will care for ou best.

Not sure YouTube is allowed? But since you posted, did you find anything new or noteworthy? I could hardly stand it, even fast forwarding on 1.5x and saw nothing new or insightful. Such a time-wasting YouTube channel it seems.

Gray Hughes is allowed, he is a member here and friends with Tricia
I am not sure if I can discuss what was said here yet. Hopefully, this will all unravel soon

Last edited:
If you want to discuss GH video's that's approved source. Was there something interesting?
Not really <modsnip> he played the video made by the babysitter's mother telling her daughter's side of the story.

He keeps asking what led the baby sitter to drop off King that day and why would they return him if they didn't think the mother cared about him. Then at the end he says he might contact the woman who made the video to find out more information, as if she is a "credible" source.

The answer to the second question is common sense. Since "they" have no legal custody of the child, they can't just withhold him from the parent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really <modsnip> he played the video made by the babysitter's mother telling her daughter's side of the story.

He keeps asking what led the baby sitter to drop off King that day and why would they return him if they didn't think the mother cared about him. Then at the end he says he might contact the woman who made the video to find out more information, as if she is a "credible" source.

The answer to the second question is common sense. Since "they" have no legal custody of the child, they can't just withhold him from the parent.
Thanks, that's a big zero then. Hopefully LE is making progress behind the scenes!!

That's not the babysitter s mom

So... mother and stepfather live close to each other. Mother asked for time with King in a couple of weeks for his birthday. Instead, the babysitter alleges to have taken him to her on July 7. I assume it was on the stepfather's instructions.

Is the babysitter a friend or is she a "friend" IYKWIM. Either way how could the grandmother not know anything about a babysitter if the woman has been providing child care for King for two years - IOW since he was born?

I sure hope LE has a bead on what happened because I sure can't figure it out. So far LE hasn't confirmed the witness sighting of King on July 4 and until they do IMO the last time he was seen by anyone other than the three people remains unclear.
I got to be honest, I didn't like the smirk.
whose?

Why isn't LE stating what they are doing and with which agencies? Other LE details this. Especially if FBI is involved. Where are they looking? Where are the searches?

Where is King?
I keep checking, hoping he'd be found. Poor little boy.

I have a question about the search. I haven't heard they have used search dogs, but if they did is there a good chance they would pick up King's scent if he was dropped off where the babysitter said he was? There was no mention of her dropping off a bag with his clothes so I would think the babysitter or father would have something with his scent on it.

I would think it's harder for dogs to pick up scents on city sidewalks but I'm wondering if they were used and how likely it might be for them to pick up his scent. Would they use them in the mom's apartment since he hadn't been there in awhile?

Also, do you think they would use cadaver dogs at this point or would they wait for evidence of foul play?
Respectfully Snipped

The problem with scent trail dogs in the city is you have layers of scents. It is possible that a bloodhound could have picked up King's scent if the dog had been brought in right away, but within a few hours, auto exhaust, other people walking about and temperature variations most likely would have diluted the scent, still detectable, but much less so. Any rain would have pretty much done away with the remainder. A cadaver dog could be used in the homes of the individuals involved and surrounding empty lots, debris and open spaces.

That's not the babysitter s mom
Gray Hughes referred to her several times as the babysitter's mom and she herself referred to her as her "baby."

Whoever she is, she asked why all of a sudden the mom said her son is missing when she didn't consider him missing earlier.

The answer to that might be because the mother never knew the stepfather was leaving King in her care for so long.

The maternal grandmother stated that the mom left her son in the stepfathers care and that he was supposed to drop him off in time for his Birthday at the end of the month. Instead the child was allegedly dropped off two weeks early.

So it could be that she never knew King was with a babysitter, and when she found out she was angry and demanded to know where he was. Then maybe the stepfather gave her the phone number and that's when she started calling the babysitter and telling her to bring the baby to her.

Either King was dropped off or he wasn't.

The woman seemed much more concerned about insulting the mother and defending the baby sitter and her family rather than trying to find out where the child is.

<modsnip: Personalizing>

The interpersonal dynamics in this case are very strange. I guess it’s pretty unlikely that King at 2 packed his bags and is running fast and far away from this BS, but it’s a nice thought.

I still wonder if there isn’t some fourth party, known or unknown, who took/has King or was involved in something that harmed him. I guess it’s remotely possible but highly unlikely that someone has him safe but has not come forward for some personal reason.

Despite the actual mom’s apparent shortcomings, it seems like the change in schedule and supposed delivery of the child originated from the stepfather/babysitter side. Maybe they lost him, harmed him, left him with someone else and then had to come up with a story. Maybe they are gaslighting the mom, thinking that authorities will believe their story over hers, especially if she has some vulnerabilities in her parenting or other issues.

Yes, all of the above keeps bringing me back to the sitter. If the sitter had dropped him off to mom, there would have to be texts or calls, or what's app, or emails or FB messages, setting. up the drop off. They didn't know each other so babysitter would have the records of the initial calls/texts, to show investigators.

As far as we know, there haven't been any such texts or calls, because LE says they don't know who to believe and they are now looking for cameras that might show the drop off.

I cannot see this baby being dropped off to mommy, who hasn't seen him for weeks, and she quickly has issues and disposes of him. I can't see that, although we know it does happen.

It makes more sense that the 'babysitter' had a problem that went sideways, and she had to set this story in motion, imo.
Just jumping off your post...

As mom had relayed the information that the older autistic sister had been asking and wondering about King...
It seems to me the mom...(or maybe the gma?)...had the daughter living with her...
Having a child with special needs brings even more challenges to a parent than does even a non-special needs child...
This seems to me that the mom DOES take responsible actions in attending to the needs of at least one of her children...

Perhaps the caring of TWO children...
One autistic...
One a toddler...
Presented too much of a challenge for her...
Thus she requested the help of her ex...

Just some thoughts...

Just jumping off your post...

As mom had relayed the information that the older autistic sister had been asking and wondering about King...
It seems to me the mom...(or maybe the gma?)...had the daughter living with her...
Having a child with special needs brings even more challenges to a parent than does even a non-special needs child...
This seems to me that the mom DOES take responsible actions in attending to the needs of at least one of her children...

Perhaps the caring of TWO children...
One autistic...
One a toddler...
Presented too much of a challenge for her...
Thus she requested the help of her ex...

Just some thoughts...

Another thought...could be mom had visitation with child and child wondered why King wasn’t there. I don’t think we can infer any type of custody of daughter from that statement alone. MOO

EYA: Also makes you wonder why child wasn’t asking about King in May or June?

<modsnip> ... I did notice that the woman mentioned June 22. I didn't hear her say anything about why she named that particular date, she just said something like why didn't the mother think King was missing on June 22. It probably means nothing. IOW I get her overall point, I'm just curious about her using June 22. She was so over the top that I missed a lot; maybe she just picked that date as a random example. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member