PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yet another question: wouldn't it have been dark by 7PM in october? Did the neighbor kid really see her go toward home or was he just trying to make sure she didn't get in trouble?

It was daylight when I got there, I worked the track trail into the night. There are still many unanswered questions with regard to neighbor kids and what they saw.

If she was lifted/carried would her scent still be available to be tracked by the dogs?

If she was lifted/carried would her scent still be available to be tracked by the dogs?

It depends on a number of factors. Wind, temperature, the abilities of the dog and handler and contamination by other scents, auto exhaust, etc... But under ideal conditions...sometimes. Air scent dogs can sometimes re-establish a scent direction when the ground scent dogs lose it, but only if the wind direction is correct.

Wasn't there something about a manhole cover? Or was that a different thread. It seems i remember reading where they looked in it, but not where they climbed down into it. know anything about that?

Wasn't there something about a manhole cover? Or was that a different thread. It seems i remember reading where they looked in it, but not where they climbed down into it. know anything about that?

Yes, I do remember a manhole cover somewhere behind the apartment complex. If memory serves, Fire Rescue opened and checked that one with high power lights.

For the life of me I just can't see someone mentally incompetent traveling a great distance with her. Could they have double back to apartments, gone behind a building where the footprints could not have been picked up? Was the apartment complex one that would have had a boiler/laundry type room or one that had shutes down to the bottom? Wish I was in that state to go search. Driving me nuts.

For the life of me I just can't see someone mentally incompetent traveling a great distance with her. Could they have double back to apartments, gone behind a building where the footprints could not have been picked up? Was the apartment complex one that would have had a boiler/laundry type room or one that had shutes down to the bottom? Wish I was in that state to go search. Driving me nuts.

It's been driving me nuts for 29 years and I live only 45 min away.

IMG_2991.JPG

This is what the complex looks like. It hasn't changed much since she went missing

OH I just remembered something, with apartments being next to each other like that: in the military the housing that families lived in (Fort Knox) you could climb up into the attic of your apartment and scoot to the next apartment, I wonder if this is the same and maybe they hid her up there. She may not have stayed but there could be evidence of a body or someone being up there. What do you think???

If any family member is watching this forum, I really need to contact Lauren's Dad. I have already talked to a State Representative who is interested getting me together with the State Police to review what I have collected at this point.

I have verified the existence of the small graveyard first posted about here by Neko 726 about 3 years ago.Graveyard.PNG

This should bolster my efforts to get the case looked at again.

Neko, you can tell your mother it's not your imagination, the graveyard exists.

Your persistence on this case is impressive Tracker.
It's been a long time since I've been on the thread so had to refresh my memory.
Did the mother take and pass a poly?

Your persistence on this case is impressive Tracker.
It's been a long time since I've been on the thread so had to refresh my memory.
Did the mother take and pass a poly?

It's been so long, I'm not sure if she did or not. I will have to go back to my collection of newspaper clippings and check. She was interviewed by both local LE and the FBI. One of the individuals who was with her during the time of the search to assist her with media and other needs was a plant that was listening to every word she said as well as watching her body language and her emotional state.

I think reinterviewing the mother and her close associates would be useful.

Her mother has passed away. Her father was questioned to the extreme as he was attempting to get custody.

I'm working very hard to identify any others (friends, residents, employees, etc) from the complex that were anywhere in the area at the time.

Her mother has passed away. Her father was questioned to the extreme as he was attempting to get custody.

I'm working very hard to identify any others (friends, residents, employees, etc) from the complex that were anywhere in the area at the time.

Someone will know what was going on. Of course we always tend to look at the male friends of a single mother. Hopefully that avenue was explored thoroughly.
Inmates can generally be a good source of info as well. I wonder if there are any known associates of the mother's in jail...

Someone will know what was going on. Of course we always tend to look at the male friends of a single mother. Hopefully that avenue was explored thoroughly.
Inmates can generally be a good source of info as well. I wonder if there are any known associates of the mother's in jail...

Working on that as well as known associates of my POI from Pennhurst.

And so the first step has been taken. I handed copies of all of my research, notes and information over to my State Representative. He is reviewing and will be in contact with the appropriate PA State agencies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back