PA PA - Lauren Pico Jackson, 5, Spring City, 4 Oct 1988

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know really.. I might be reading into it too much..This is the link to the Hydrocephalus survivor website.. I know this is a super long shot but a few things strike me. 1. She looks SO similar to the young picture of Lauren. 2. They would be similar ages, Lauren would be about 35 now, this was posted several years ago. 3. And this one is big to me: this woman states that she was only 18 when she discovered that she had congenitalhydrocephalus/ tracker I am talking about this girl.. she look a lot like the age progression of lauren

I don't know really.. I might be reading into it too much..This is the link to the Hydrocephalus survivor website.. I know this is a super long shot but a few things strike me. 1. She looks SO similar to the young picture of Lauren. 2. They would be similar ages, Lauren would be about 35 now, this was posted several years ago. 3. And this one is big to me: this woman states that she was only 18 when she discovered that she had congenitalhydrocephalus/ tracker I am talking about this girl.. she look a lot like the age progression of lauren

Did Lauren have congenital hydrocephalus?

never mind, I see back on the first page that she does.

I've spent all weekend doing a total deep dive on Lauren's story. Trackergd - your insight and expertise are amazing and if this case is ever fully resolved, which I truly believe it will be, I'm confident that you will have played a huge part in that.

One thing that really jumped out at me was the complete omission of Lauren from her mother's obituary. I understand her mother was deceased and obviously did not write her own obituary, but I think that just further proves that Lauren was no longer on her mother's mind - or the minds of her family members. That's a pretty big (and telling) omission if you ask me. That coupled with the fact that Lauren's mother said that her extended family "didn't even know about what happened to Lauren at that time" (when Lauren's father followed a lead that said she could be in Florida with her mother's relatives) - that's crazy to me. How would your family, extended or not, NOT know that your little girl is missing? The reaction truly makes no sense.

The lead about the mentally ill man with the boots sounds promising. I think the 2 most plausible options are: 1) This man (or one of the other prematurely released patients from Pennhurst) hurt and killed Lauren. However, I don't know that a Pennhurst patient would have the capacity to cover their tracks like this; or 2) The mom had something to do with it. Drug addicts are not known for their compassion. She had substance abuse issues and a daughter with very, VERY expensive medical bills and time consuming special needs. I agree with others who stated the mom was probably in the house taking drugs and/or passed out and not "cleaning" like she told the police. Knowing how addicts twist logic to justify their horrible actions, I could even see her convincing herself that she was helping Lauren by giving her away.

That being said, I think local LE's reaction to and handling of the case is extremely telling. It sounds like they know they have blood on their hands and do not want to incriminate themselves any further. The entire township would be sued into oblivion if it came to light that a Pennhurst patient did this. This would explain why they are so adamant that Trackergd not explore the grounds.

Hopefully this case is able to be resolved.

I have started to read the information that is available about this case.

It may take me a day or so, however, I am greatly looking forward to discussing this case.

Best regards,
Zen

I was known at the time that Lauren would follow the older girls to a local convenience store at 724 and Heckel Rd. The scent trail stopped at the Vincent Motel and the handler felt that was the end of the trail, however he did note that the amount of auto exhaust could have masked a further scent trail.

I was known at the time that Lauren would follow the older girls to a local convenience store at 724 and Heckel Rd. The scent trail stopped at the Vincent Motel and the handler felt that was the end of the trail, however he did note that the amount of auto exhaust could have masked a further scent trail.

Dear @Trackergd,

I would like to email Karin Williams, the reporter from Phoenixville, who wrote extensively about Lauren's case. I have her new email address - she no longer works at the newspaper.

First, I need to run this past you, as you may already have been in touch with her.

Thanks in advance,
Zen

Article written by Karin Williams - in another newspaper.

I need to find out more about Christina Pelen.

Haunted by her disappearance

"Christina Pelen, who had been hanging out in the parking lot directly in front of Laurenˆ's home that night, said she saw Lauren playing by herself on her own front step. She said Laurenˆ's mother came out of the house and told the little girl she would have to come inside soon. Shortly after, Pelenˆ's group of friends moved to the side of Laurenˆ's building, in a grassy area, but left their jackets in the parking lot. I ran back to where we were to get the jackets and Lauren was still sitting on the step,ˆ' Pelen said. ˆ'I waved at her and went back to the side of the building. A very short time later, Pelen saw Laurenˆ's mother running around and panicking because she could not find Lauren. Pelen and her friends helped look for the little girl, checking neighboring houses, a playground and a wooded area near the complex. ˆ'We looked around the complex, we went to our friendsˆ' house to see if Lauren was there,ˆ' Pelen said. ˆ'Christina (Oˆ'Donnell) got in her car and was driving around. We kept walking around the complex checking parks.ˆ' Pelen said she did not notice if any cars were coming in or out of the parking lot. Christina Oˆ'Donnell called then-Police Chief Richard Weiss, and search teams were immediately assembled. Within hours, there were more than 100 police officers and volunteers looking for the little girl."

Dear @Trackergd,

I would like to email Karin Williams, the reporter from Phoenixville, who wrote extensively about Lauren's case. I have her new email address - she no longer works at the newspaper.

First, I need to run this past you, as you may already have been in touch with her.

Thanks in advance,
Zen

I have emailed Ms. Williams, giving my real name and contact information.

In my email, I explained that the reason I wrote to her is because of her articles about Lauren's disappearance and that in the articles it is evident of Ms. Williams's deep compassion towards this little girl.

My request to her was to advise me where I can find archived newspaper reports, even police reports - any information which I could read.

I represented myself genuinely as I do want to look into this case, as a person who genuinely wants to see this cold case reopened.

Also, I want to state that I would never use the word "Websleuths" in any communication. Any emails I send contain only my personal information.

Any information or links she forwards to me, I will share. I may not receive a response but it was certainly worth trying.

Lauren Pico Jackson deserves justice.

I am so glad that this thread is here!

Zen, you are a jewel.
I think justice for sweet Lauren will lead to justice for many other departed and lost souls associated with that horrific asylum. As I speculated up thread, I hypothesize there is the possibility of many remains to be found in that vicinity, including little Lauren.

As usual, amateur opinion and speculation.

Did u ever investigate if this was lauren
I did not :( I don't know how to begin! Contact the website?

EDIT: I decided to bite the bullet and just email the site. Here is what I said,

To whom it may concern, I am helping to investigate a missing persons case. I am not from law enforcement, but just a volunteer organization who tries to help resolve cold cases. We have some questions for the woman on your site, Melinda.

Can you please put me into contact with her? You can pass her my information to have her reach out to me, or if she allows, have us reach out to her.

I know it sounds completely bizarre, but it is extremely important that we could be able to ask her a few questions. We dont need her physical location or anything like that, just an email would suffice, any way to reach out to her.

Thank you for your time and assistance

Last edited:
I did not :( I don't know how to begin! Contact the website?

EDIT: I decided to bite the bullet and just email the site. Here is what I said,

To whom it may concern, I am helping to investigate a missing persons case. I am not from law enforcement, but just a volunteer organization who tries to help resolve cold cases. We have some questions for the woman on your site, Melinda.

Can you please put me into contact with her? You can pass her my information to have her reach out to me, or if she allows, have us reach out to her.

I know it sounds completely bizarre, but it is extremely important that we could be able to ask her a few questions. We dont need her physical location or anything like that, just an email would suffice, any way to reach out to her.

Thank you for your time and assistance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back