PA - Leon Katz, infant, murdered, and twin, injured by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cases of skull fracture in young children that I’m familiar with were babies around one year of age using those old fashioned dangerous wheeled walkers.

In each case, the baby fell down a flight of stairs in the walker onto a hard floor which caused a skull fracture and internal bleeding. ( these were true unintentional injuries)

I’m mentioning this only to highlight the amount of force needed to break a skull. Of course
Leon was much younger and smaller, but just to give an idea. All my opinion and experiences.

...There was blood in his diaper and his penis was red and swollen, according to the criminal complaint. “She … photographed the injury and sent it to Ethan Katz,” it said.

:eek: What a shock for the parents to get that photo. I wonder why right away they didn't seem to think she caused those injuries. A red and swollen penis is one concern, but bleeding and scratches other places would make the parents start looking at her with some suspicion. We still don't know how long the couple had been gone and then they get a photo of injuries?!! Both twins in her care at that point?

:( If only they took the other twin with them.

...So perhaps there was an overwhelming secret hatred/jealousy of the parent(s) and she used the babies to get revenge?...

Sure, the way it's being reported, you have to assign her some kind of psychological bent towards wanting to torture babies. That's one I came up with too. I feel I've already written a couple of movies from possible motives and scenarios I came up with to explain this case full of blank details begging for answers.

Wow, she sent the husband / twin's father a photo of the one twin's swollen genital area while parents were out... that seems so twisted. I'm eager to hear how her defense attorney can slant this towards any innocence on her part. Even if defense can explain away genital injuries to one twin, there's the tragic death of the other twin. Two in her care.

From the article:

"
Virzi told investigators that she’d spent part of the afternoon on June 15 with the family, according to the criminal complaint. She said she noticed injuries on Ari and notified his parents.

There was blood in his diaper and his penis was red and swollen, according to the criminal complaint. “She … photographed the injury and sent it to Ethan Katz,” it said.

Ari also had additional injuries, including scratches to his right cheek and bruises below his belly button, the criminal complaint said. The parents denied causing the injuries and said they first learned about them from Virzi.

“The parents … stated that prior to Virzi’s contact with the children, they (the twins) had no medical emergencies or treatment, other than routine medical care,” the criminal complaint stated.

Virzi’s attorney declined to comment on his client’s assertion that the injuries were caused by someone else. “We’re going to be litigating those elements at the appropriate place and time, which is in the court,” Shrager said."

I guess the parents were out for anniversary so she sent the photo? I'm a bit surprised she sent it to the dad not the mom. This case is so hard to read about. MOOO. The surviving twin will have trauma from all of this, pre-verbal trauma is hard to address. Just horrible. IMO.
I wonder if there is history between her and the husband.

This seems like a revenge crime to me, but who knows?

I wonder if there is history between her and the husband.

This seems like a revenge crime to me, but who knows?
It could be revenge for absolutely nothing other than she resented that they had a great marriage and beautiful twins and something fulfilling that she wanted but had no idea how to get for herself, maybe even no capacity to get for herself.

Anyone who attacks completely vulnerable infants has something missing, emotionally, IMO.

MOO

This details the injuries to the 1st baby, he had scratches to the head of his penis. This is all profoundly sick.
MOOO.
I can't even imagine what any person could possibly have done to the baby to end up with injuries as described! That specific area mentioned is going to be pretty darn small. I mean, it's a baby - ALL their parts, genital or otherwise, are very small. What would someone had to have done to leave visible scratches there? Just literally scratch there with fingernails?? That doesn't sound like something that would ever have happened. I just don't understand what happened.

I hate to even mention this, but something I thought of after reading that was... could there possibly be MICE (or even rats!) in their residence??

Still leaves the even worse mystery of the other baby's death, but I would still like to know the answer is definitely no (mice or rats).

I think I’d feel very squeamish, taking and sending a photo of an infant’s genitals.

Particularly to the father, not the mother. Just feels hinky and boundary-crossing.

I suppose there’s a way to think about it if she innocently was trying to inform the parents of the urgency, but still, just no.

I would text them, describe what I saw, or call them but just the act of taking a picture of that area is feeling very weird.

And of course since during the parents’ ER visit, Leon died, I most certainly believe NV is the culprit.

JMO

I can't even imagine what any person could possibly have done to the baby to end up with injuries as described! That specific area mentioned is going to be pretty darn small. I mean, it's a baby - ALL their parts, genital or otherwise, are very small. What would someone had to have done to leave visible scratches there? Just literally scratch there with fingernails?? That doesn't sound like something that would ever have happened. I just don't understand what happened.
I've been thinking about this and can only come up with 3 things it could be. Some kind of object, fingernails, or teeth. All tick me off.
I hate to even mention this, but something I thought of after reading that was... could there possibly be MICE (or even rats!) in their residence??
Not in my opinion. How'd they get into the infant's diaper? Sure, they could do that, but I'm thinking the odds are in favor that it wasn't this.
Still leaves the even worse mystery of the other baby's death, but I would still like to know the answer is definitely no (mice or rats).
Rats definitely didn't have anything to do with Leon's head injuries, so for me, I'm totally dismissing that rats were a part of this. It reeks of human involvement, which is worse, IMO. Rats would be going for food or shelter. A human, on the other hand, is going for I don't know what. Perverse pleasure? Curiosity? Paybacks? Whatever it was, it was done by a human IMO.

Very curious about her prior relationship with each of the parents. MOOO.

The father was unemployed, beginning several months before the birth of the babies, per his LinkedIn. They had to be under a lot of stress from that and just how overwhelming newborn twins can be. She may have been jealous, but they were not having some idyllic life that she had to destroy. MOOO.

What she did to those tiny boys, scratching the head of his penis?!!! Isn't that sexual assault? Fracturing the skull of his wee brother? There has to be a history of signs that were ignored. I could be wrong, but I feel like she planned this and instigated the visit. JMHO.

I think I’d feel very squeamish, taking and sending a photo of an infant’s genitals.

Particularly to the father, not the mother. Just feels hinky and boundary-crossing.

I suppose there’s a way to think about it if she innocently was trying to inform the parents of the urgency, but still, just no.

I would text them, describe what I saw, or call them but just the act of taking a picture of that area is feeling very weird.

And of course since during the parents’ ER visit, Leon died, I most certainly believe NV is the culprit.

JMO
Agree with all of the above. The photo feels like it crosses several boundaries. There is an element of taunting them almost. And in reacting to get him care, they did not want to open their eyes to the "helpful" monster in their midst. So very sad for the twins. MOOO.

This details the injuries to the 1st baby, he had scratches to the head of his penis. This is all profoundly sick.
MOOO.
...I hate to even mention this, but something I thought of after reading that was... could there possibly be MICE (or even rats!) in their residence??

I had wondered if there was a cat around. Proves we're trying to keep open minds and think of other explanations to how those genital injuries could've possibly happened by not her.

Everything is reported so matter of fact like there's no doubts, and the Probable Cause Affidavit keeps going back and forth between the twins incidences, but IMO, there's still so many details being left out. I wish I had all the events told in a more linear fashion.

Below are parts of the Probable Cause Affidavit shown in the Law & Crime video. Okay, now we find out she went on an outing with the family, (where?) then she went to a grocery store by herself. Mysteriously, because they don't say, but suddenly she's back watching Leon while the parents rush to the hospital with the twin with genital injuries.

Question-- where was she when she send the father a photo of those injuries then? Were the parents out without either twin when she sent that photo?

(Note that it's mentioned in the video that the brother of one of the parents was at the hospital with them.)

1724906052609.png

1724905214737.png

All MOO and thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member