Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting back the # of searchers/not taking civilian volunteers now but only trained people doesnt sound good. If they were looking for a live runaway or a live injured person or someone in medical distress, they would be increasing searchers or at least not scaling back the #s since time would be of the essence I'd think? JMO.

Last edited:
SABBM:

This statement is concerning to me.

What time on Sunday did she leave the farm where she was purportedly last seen?

Have dogs been able to pick up LS's scent at all on the route she would have taken to get from there to her house?

LE is going to be at something of a disadvantage d/t the likely absence of home security cameras, cell phone pings, and other digital data that might have assisted them in tracking her via electronic footprints.

JMO.
yikes - this is most alarming IMO - not looking good at all.
JMO

My money is on foul play, and maybe she never left the church. Is it usual for girls to walk home alone? What about the bars she made for youth group that were still at her house - why did she not take them with her to church, if they were for a meeting there? Hinky meter is leaning.

Amish church is usually every other week, at someone’s home. When I heard Linda was walking home shortly after noon, that seemed early to me. A meal is usually served after the church service, and people head home around 2. Perhaps her church district hasn’t been doing the meal because of the coronavirus. Youth group is usually in the evening, so it might be normal that she didn’t take the bars with her to the church service in the morning.

As for a girl walking home alone, that doesn’t seem super odd. Going home from church isn’t usually a long walk. Often they walk in groups (especially if they are sisters going to the same house), but it’s not unusual to see a lone girl/woman walking or scootering. Some girls are driven home by boys in open carriages after church, too.

Can someone point me in the direction of the article or the post on her FB Missing page that references the bars she made for youth group but left at home. Sounds like that article has more details than what I've been finding and I'd like to give it a read. Thanks!! :)

My money is on foul play, and maybe she never left the church. Is it usual for girls to walk home alone? What about the bars she made for youth group that were still at her house - why did she not take them with her to church, if they were for a meeting there? Hinky meter is leaning.
I missed the "making of the bars left at home" where did you see that? TIA

After church service (or lunch) is there a meet up (like youth group) for the adults? Otherwise, wouldn't she have been walking home with her parents (or siblings if she has any) instead of alone? Or were the parents going somewhere else after church instead of home? Are the Amish not strict about Sundays being a day of rest/time to be spent with your family?

This is my farmers Market. I go to it about once a month. If Linda was talking to someone at the Broad Street Market other Amish people would have taken notice and brought that back to her family and we would never have heard about this story.
(rsbm)

What do you mean by this? Do you mean her talking to someone would have been nipped in the bud and she wouldn't have been allowed to go back to the market? Or do you mean they'd have already caught a perpetrator by now and it would be out of the news? Or something else?

"Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, was last seen around noon Sunday walking from a religious service in Bird-in-Hand in Lancaster County, according to a Facebook page dedicated to her disappearance.

She was supposed to go to a meeting with her youth group, but never made it there, according to local FOX 43.

“There’s no real explainable reason why she would be missing,” Lt. Matthew Hess of the East Lampeter Township Police Department told local FOX 43.

Pennsylvania State Police are now assisting with the investigation and said Stoltzfoos is believed to be "at special risk of harm or injury."

“We don’t have any indication of criminal activity at this point in time,” Hess told the outlet. “We're just crossing all of our T's and dotting all of our I's to try to figure out what might be going on.”

Amish teenager missing from rural Pennsylvania after religious service

State police are now involved.

"Some of the reasons of classifying a case as "at-risk" includes if the person is a victim of a crime or foul play, in need of medical attention, has no pattern of running away of disappearing, if the person is a victim of a parental abduction/kidnapping, mentally impaired, or a variety of other reasons."

How police define at-risk missing persons cases

"High Risk Missing Person: A person whose whereabouts are not currently known and the circumstances of the person’s disappearance suggest that the person may be at imminent or likely risk of injury or death."

https://www.njsp.org/divorg/invest/pdf/mpi-best-practices-protocol-103008.pdf

After church service (or lunch) is there a meet up (like youth group) for the adults? Otherwise, wouldn't she have been walking home with her parents (or siblings if she has any) instead of alone? Or were the parents going somewhere else after church instead of home? Are the Amish not strict about Sundays being a day of rest/time to be spent with your family?
Parents usually head home after the service and lunch, when they serve lunch. Amish are still rather strict about Sunday being a day of rest. They might visit family or elderly parents, but there’s no shopping or errands and farm work is kept to a minimum. I had an Amish friend, single in her 40s, who lived with her parents. Sundays were for visiting, napping, reading, and letter writing.

Teens, on the other hand, who aren’t yet church members, use Sunday afternoons for youth group activities, sometimes sports like volleyball and baseball. Sometimes they go pretty late at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine