PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Mamacita!

this link worked....

a couple of observations/questions...

Jose mentioned Melissa packed a pink suitcase...

I wonder where Melissa's new job is located.... Jose mentions she was planning to move back to Jersey since he and she were separating and they were selling the house....

was the job close enough to where Melissa lives now and to where she would live in Jersey?

:waitasec:

woah... i didnt catch the pink suitcase thing or moving back to jersey. im going to go watch again!

ohhh ok, that explains it... this is the raw interview, not the one that was cut up and shown before. when he was asked how she would have gotten to the amtrak station he said "walks, or drives... whatever"

-how did he know she packed up a pink suitcase if she called him and told him she was going to Newark? if she had packed the suitcase in his presence, wouldn't he have already known she was going there? if he didn't see her before she left, how did he even know about it? unless that was the suitcase she usually took and he realized it was gone. a pink suitcase will stand out if it was tossed somewhere... unless it was a garbage can.

-he said the last time she was SEEN was friday. still don't know who was the last to see her.

-"didn't hear from her back when it was time to bring the kids back" "sunday i sent her a text, didn't receive anything, um, [swallows big] and i totally forgot about monday. um, ended up taking the kids to school monday, and um, assuming she was gonna go pick them up and she didn't pick em up. school called, um, they havent heard anything from her. friends have been calling, um, uh, people been on facebook, puttin pictures up, uh, etc."

-"The school called me, and i came down to go, i sent a friend down to go pick them up and i picked them up, um, they're with me now, um, *sigh* i don't know, mmm"

-Reporter: "And Jose, what was going on? was the house for sale? were you guys separating? or what?" Jose: "uh, we were separating, and um, we were all, everybody pretty much was um living in jersey now. cuz that's what her plans were, to go back to jersey. that's where her family is."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Raw-Intv--Missing-Mom-s-Husband/204902751

ohhh ok, that explains it... this is the raw interview, not the one that was cut up and shown before. when he was asked how she would have gotten to the amtrak station he said "walks, or drives... whatever"

-how did he know she packed up a pink suitcase if she called him and told him she was going to Newark? if she had packed the suitcase in his presence, wouldn't he have already known she was going there? if he didn't see her before she left, how did he even know about it? unless that was the suitcase she usually took and he realized it was gone. a pink suitcase will stand out if it was tossed somewhere... unless it was a garbage can.

-he said the last time she was SEEN was friday. still don't know who was the last to see her.

-"didn't hear from her back when it was time to bring the kids back" "sunday i sent her a text, didn't receive anything, um, [swallows big] and i totally forgot about monday. um, ended up taking the kids to school monday, and um, assuming she was gonna go pick them up and she didn't pick em up. school called, um, they havent heard anything from her. friends have been calling, um, uh, people been on facebook, puttin pictures up, uh, etc."

-"The school called me, and i came down to go, i sent a friend down to go pick them up and i picked them up, um, they're with me now, um, *sigh* i don't know, mmm"

-Reporter: "And Jose, what was going on? was the house for sale? were you guys separating? or what?" Jose: "uh, we were separating, and um, we were all, everybody pretty much was um living in jersey now. cuz that's what her plans were, to go back to jersey. that's where her family is."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Raw-Intv--Missing-Mom-s-Husband/204902751

I may be jaded....

but he seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but there answering the interview questions...

and the answers were so vague...

I was thinking about the pink suitcase too... He wasnt there to see her pack it, was he?

Hmmmmmm....

And.... Am I correct that the children are still with him?

BBM Is this what he said on the video? (I can't listen to videos)

He picked up the kids, no a friend picked up the kids, then he picked up the kids all in the same statement?

No wonder he retained an attorney.

BBM Is this what he said on the video? (I can't listen to videos)

He picked up the kids, no a friend picked up the kids, then he picked up the kids all in the same statement?

No wonder he retained an attorney.

yep, that's what he said! he's all over the place.

quoting self here... bbm... just re-reading and thinking about all of this. i think i need to go and transcribe the entire raw interview. the BBM is in past tense. this is also when he made the most eye contact. FWIW

quoting self here... bbm... just re-reading and thinking about all of this. i think i need to go and transcribe the entire raw interview. the BBM is in past tense. this is also when he made the most eye contact. FWIW

Thanks for transcribing, Mamacita! :seeya:

, Melissa's neighbor, says Jose claimed police had found her while she spoke with him on Saturday.

"I was so happy to see him," said Bauer. "He said they found her and were questioning her. But he wasn't real excited, just nonchalant."

Police didn't find her however and say they are "aware of the husband's false reports to others."

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...204836071.html

WOW, they must have 24 hr surveillance on him, as tehcloser would say:

If there's hink....there must be stink

Hello. I am new to forum. I was former neighbor of Melissa's on Lafayette Avenue. If Melissa was traveling to NJ using public transportation, all she had to do was walk to the trolley stop right near St. Joe's. She would take trolley to 69th street, and from 69th street she would take train to 30th street station. From 30th street station, take a train to Newark, NJ.

If she did all that on her own, I would imagine there would be camera images taken of her at 69th street, as well as 30th street station. I also imagine there would be cell phone activity with either text messaging, cell calls or web acitivty.

I don't think Melissa would up and split town without her girls. Ever. That is my gut instinct. If Jose and Melissa were separated and it was Jose's weekend with the girls, that explains why she was going to visit family and friends by herself. But there are conflicting reports about that.

I don't know what their current situation was. I don't want to jump to conclusions. And I sure do hope that Jose had NOTHING to do with her being missing.

I will keep praying that she is found......alive.

Hello. I am new to forum. I was former neighbor of Melissa's on Lafayette Avenue. If Melissa was traveling to NJ using public transportation, all she had to do was walk to the trolley stop right near St. Joe's. She would take trolley to 69th street, and from 69th street she would take train to 30th street station. From 30th street station, take a train to Newark, NJ.

If she did all that on her own, I would imagine there would be camera images taken of her at 69th street, as well as 30th street station. I also imagine there would be cell phone activity with either text messaging, cell calls or web acitivty.

I don't think Melissa would up and split town without her girls. Ever. That is my gut instinct. If Jose and Melissa were separated and it was Jose's weekend with the girls, that explains why she was going to visit family and friends by herself. But there are conflicting reports about that.

I don't know what their current situation was. I don't want to jump to conclusions. And I sure do hope that Jose had NOTHING to do with her being missing.

:cheer:

thank you for your input cdale! welcome to the boards, i hope you stick around and help us through this thread. it's always so nice to have locals on board. i'm just sorry we have to meet under these circumstances!

i didn't realize there was a trolley so close. i just feel so disheartened to know that police didn't see her on any train videos and had no evidence of her purchasing a ticket. i think you're right... if she was on a train ride that was going to take a while... i would think there would be some texting, etc. going on during that time. especially if she took that ride fairly often, she might get bored and texting would help with that.

i'm really super worried about her. i think about if something happened to me, how would my little girl feel? she would be so completely lost. we are attached at the hip. i feel so sad for melissa's girls... it sounds like their relationship was similar to mine with my daughter.

Thank you for this post. This type of contribution is the reason this website exists.

:wagon: Cdale! :welcome:

Thank you for the local perspective!

:seeya:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/22101298/search-continues-for-missing-delco-mom

Fighting through tears, Olga Ortiz spent Sunday with family and friends searching for her missing daughter, 30-year-old Melissa Rodriguez.
Rodriguez hasn't been seen since April 18. Friends tell FOX 29 she planned to travel to Newark, New Jersey for the weekend. The family says she was heading to the 69th Street Terminal to take the train to 30th Street Station, where she planned to pick up an Amtrak line from there.

more at link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste