GUILTY PA - Mother charged after baby dies from drugs in breast milk, Bucks County, 13 Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
DA: Mother charged after baby dies from drugs transmitted through breast milk

A Philadelphia-area woman who described herself as a drug addict is being held on a homicide charge after she allegedly transmitted drugs to her 11-week-old baby through her breast milk, officials said.
upload_2018-7-17_12-53-5.png
Samantha Whitney Jones, 30, was charged Friday with criminal homicide in the April 2 death of her infant son at her home.

On Friday, the 30-year-old Pennsylvania mother was charged with criminal homicide in the April 2 death of her infant son, identified in documents as R.J. An autopsy revealed that the baby’s blood contained methadone, amphetamine and methamphetamine, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Bucks County District Attorney's Office

NEWS POST: Mother Charged with Homicide in Drug-Induced Death of Baby

Samantha Whitney Jones: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Nursing mother charged with killing infant with drug-laced breast milk

Baby dies from ‘lethal combination of drugs’ hours after his mother breastfed him, prosecutors say

DA: Drug-addicted mom breastfed her baby. He's now dead and she's in jail.

Philadelphia-area mom accused of killing her infant through drugs in breast milk

Transfer of methylamphetamine and amphetamine into breast milk following recreational use of methylamphetamine

"Abstract

AIMS

To investigate the transfer of amphetamines into breast milk following their recreational use and estimate drug exposure for the breastfed infant...."

Transfer of methylamphetamine and amphetamine into breast milk following recreational use of methylamphetamine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 23rd:
*Prelim Hearing (@ ET) - PA – RJ (11 wks old) (April 2, 2018; died from drugs in breast milk) – Samantha Whitney Jones (30) arrested & arraigned (7/13/18) on criminal homicide. $3M cash bail. (could face murder charges; if makes bail no contact with her 2 year old).
7/18/18: one article mentioned prelim hearing on 8/29.

Wednesday, August 29th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ ET) - PA – RJ (11 wks old) (April 2, 2018; died from drugs in breast milk) – Samantha Whitney Jones (30) arrested & arraigned (7/13/18) on criminal homicide. $3M cash bail, reduced on 7/24/18 to $500K. (could face murder charges; if makes bail no contact with her 2 year old).
7/24/18 Update: Defense says excessive bail, Judge drops it to $500K & the judge imposed a condition that Jones will not come in contact with anyone under the age of 18.

Bucks Mom Faces Trial After Drugs In Breast Milk Killed Baby: DA

A Bucks County mother was ordered on Wednesday to stand trial on charges she fed her newborn baby breast milk that was tainted due to her drug addiction, leading to his death. The charges of criminal homicide against Samantha Whitney Jones, 30, of New Britain Township, were upheld by a judge during the preliminary hearing.

[...]

Jones' other son remains in the custody of his father, her lawyer said.

Jones' bail has been set at $3 million. A formal arraignment is set for Sept. 28.

- Bucks prosecution of nursing mom in baby's death triggers alarm on addiction treatment (WHYY) 6AM

A Bucks County judge has ordered an addicted mother whose infant son died after breastfeeding to stand trial on homicide charges, advancing a controversial case that may test how far prosecutors can extend some of Pennsylvania’s most severe felony laws in the midst of the opioid crisis.
[.....]
Jones’ case is thought to be the first time a nursing mother faced homicide charges after breastfeeding, according to the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association.
“It was not our objective to try and blaze a trail here,” said Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub. “But we need to make sure that all of our citizens, especially our youngest and most vulnerable, the little babies, are protected.”
[.....]
Weintraub sees the death of a vulnerable 11-week-old as the bottom line — and that’s something he cannot ignore. Addiction might not be a choice, he said, but Jones did not have to put her baby in harm’s way.
[.....]
At the end of the month, Jones, who is free on bail, will be back in a Doylestown court, where she is expected to plead not guilty and a trial date will be set.

At the last hearing, Deputy District Attorney Kristin McElroy said methamphetamine and amphetamine “had no business being inside that baby.”

A lot more in the article.

Friday, Sept. 28th:
*Formal Arraignment Hearing (@ ET) - PA – RJ (11 wks old) (April 2, 2018; died from drugs in breast milk) – *Samantha Whitney Jones (30) arrested & arraigned (7/13/18) on criminal homicide. $3M cash bail, reduced on 7/24/18 to $500K. (could face murder charges; if makes bail no contact with her 2 year old).
7/24/18 Update: Defense says excessive bail, Judge drops it to $500K & the judge imposed a condition that Jones will not come in contact with anyone under the age of 18.
8/29/18 Update: Judge sends case to trial; Bail set $3M, formal arraignment on 9/28. Other son is in custody of his father.

DA: Mother charged after baby dies from drugs transmitted through breast milk

A Philadelphia-area woman who described herself ahis a drug addict is being held on a homicide charge after she allegedly transmitted drugs to her 11-week-old baby through her breast milk, officials said.
View attachment 138928
Samantha Whitney Jones, 30, was charged Friday with criminal homicide in the April 2 death of her infant son at her home.

On Friday, the 30-year-old Pennsylvania mother was charged with criminal homicide in the April 2 death of her infant son, identified in documents as R.J. An autopsy revealed that the baby’s blood contained methadone, amphetamine and methamphetamine, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Bucks County District Attorney's Office

NEWS POST: Mother Charged with Homicide in Drug-Induced Death of Baby

Samantha Whitney Jones: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Nursing mother charged with killing infant with drug-laced breast milk

Baby dies from ‘lethal combination of drugs’ hours after his mother breastfed him, prosecutors say

DA: Drug-addicted mom breastfed her baby. He's now dead and she's in jail.

Philadelphia-area mom accused of killing her infant through drugs in breast milk

I will never understand how any mother could jeopardize the life of their little baby. Why didn't she feed him formula?

Everyone knows by now what a mom puts into their own body will be transferred to the child through breast milk.

Each time when I was pregnant with my children I wouldn't even take an aspirin for a headache. I was afraid it may be harmful to them.

I have never drank much alcohol in my life anyway but occasionally I would have one cocktail during a couple of holidays each year but when pregnant I never drank anything with alcohol in it. The top priority for me with each pregnancy was to make sure my children were as healthy as possible and free of everything that may harm them. They were all born very healthy.

Drugs weren't ever an issue. I didn't do any drugs before my pregnancies or afterwards either so doing any drugs while pregnant certainly was never going to happened. I guess I was a nerd because I have never smoked any pot either.

It's heartbreaking to know this little baby boy's life ended almost as quickly as it began and his death was so preventable.

Imo

Last edited:
but... @cybervampira - we are in October now.... :D

Guess it hasn't been update than. I can't access the links you gave, otherwise I wouldn't be bothering you! :rolleyes: ;)

I hope you had a lot of fun here! :cool::p

How is life in Latvia?

I did have fun in Germany. I went on bus trip tour with my Mamma. We went thru Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Lichenstein. All beautiful country if you ask me!

Well - been living here almost 2 years (Nov. 7th). All I can say - it's a TON cheaper than living in California! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back