Found Deceased PA - Nathan Lauer, 38, Allegheny River/Gilpin Township, 22 May 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

mlhenn

Reaction score
Police searching for missing man in in Gilpin Township

Nathan Lauer, 38, of Punxstawney, was last seen around 7:15 a.m. Saturday morning at a campsite along Johnetta Road in Leechburg.

Pennsylvania State Police in Kittanning stated Lauer and two of his friends were camping at 153 Upper Allegheny Drive in Gilpin Township. One of his friends told police they had been drinking through the night into the early morning hours. His friend said he last saw Lauer swimming in the river around 7:30 a.m. and had fallen back asleep for a short period of time.

When his friend woke up, he noticed Lauer and the second friend was nowhere to be found. State police were able to get in contact with the second friend who said he did not take Lauer home.

upload_2021-5-23_20-37-26.jpeg

State Police Searching For Missing 38-Year-Old Man Nathan Lauer In Armstrong County

State police, Gilpin Township Police, and other departments have been assisting in the search.

Lauer is described as having blonde hair, blue eyes, approximately 200 pounds, and standing at 5’11” tall.

Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is asked to call Pennsylvania State Police in Kittanning at 724-543-2011.

Search for missing man near Kiski River ends with no results

A search for a missing man Sunday along the Kiski River near several campsites in Leechburg concluded with no results.

Multiple organizations including state police Kittanning barracks, police and firefighters from Gilpin, firefighters from Leechburg, Vandergrift and North Apollo along with Greensburg blood hounds were out from 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. trying to locate Nathan “Nate” Lauer.

It was about 36 hours since his disappearance.

Lauer, 38, was last seen Saturday around 7:15 a.m. at a campsite along Johnetta Road in Leechburg.

There are about 50 campsites along the river.

Missing Punxsutawney man last seen swimming in Allegheny River, according to state police

A friend told troopers he, Lauer and a second friend drank throughout the night and into the morning, before Lauer went for a swim around 7:30 am in the Allegheny River. It’s unclear if the second friend joined Lauer in the river.

According to state police, the friend said he fell asleep for a short period of time, and when he woke up Lauer and the second friend were nowhere to be found. State police said contact was made with the second friend who said they did not take Lauer home.

This is Nathan's Brother's Girlfriend, it keeps saying in the media he was swimming when last seen. We are not sure where this information is coming from; since it was never told to us from anyone. Last we knew he took off on foot, and that was the last time he was allegedly seen.

This is Nathan's Brother's Girlfriend, it keeps saying in the media he was swimming when last seen. We are not sure where this information is coming from; since it was never told to us from anyone. Last we knew he took off on foot, and that was the last time he was allegedly seen.

It would be nice to hear more from the second friend.

I am confused about something. The three went camping. They drank into the evening and then in the morning two were gone. Was the friend who was still at the campsite expecting to be alone in the morning? Was the one friend who drove home supposed to drive home by the morning? It seems that Nathan was at least supposed to be there since the friend that was left behind was concerned he was gone. Am I out of line if I am wondering if an argument (possibly fueled by alcohol) took a turn? To go even further, were the three on perfectly good terms before they left to go camping? Something seems "off" to me.

I am confused about something. The three went camping. They drank into the evening and then in the morning two were gone. Was the friend who was still at the campsite expecting to be alone in the morning? Was the one friend who drove home supposed to drive home by the morning? It seems that Nathan was at least supposed to be there since the friend that was left behind was concerned he was gone. Am I out of line if I am wondering if an argument (possibly fueled by alcohol) took a turn? To go even further, were the three on perfectly good terms before they left to go camping? Something seems "off" to me.
I don't want to talk much into it, out of respect for my boyfriend and his family. Personally though for me, I agree things do not make sense. I believe there is more to the story. We just want Nathan to come home!

Hi jcorb1012, and Welcome to Websleuths. We are sorry that you are here under the distressing circumstances of Nathan's disappearance.

As you have what we call "inside information" about the case, we invite you to become a Verified Case Insider so that you can post your knowledge of the case without having to provide links to support what you state as fact.

The Websleuths verification process is very quick and simple. An explanation of the process and instruction on how to apply can be found here.

We do hope that you will apply for verification so that you can continue to share information on Nathan's case.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Welcome @jcorb1012! So sorry you and your family are having to go through a difficult time. I hope he is found safe.

Hi jcorb1012, and Welcome to Websleuths. We are sorry that you are here under the distressing circumstances of Nathan's disappearance.

As you have what we call "inside information" about the case, we invite you to become a Verified Case Insider so that you can post your knowledge of the case without having to provide links to support what you state as fact.

The Websleuths verification process is very quick and simple. An explanation of the process and instruction on how to apply can be found here.

We do hope that you will apply for verification so that you can continue to share information on Nathan's case.

Sillybilly
WS Admin
I just sent my verification.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member