Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I suggested this a few years ago that maybe possibly if they can check Mr Bones as possibly be related to the boy in the box. Here is why I think that could be possible.They were both found in Pennsylvania and supposedly died in 1957 some time. They were both supposedly of European Ancestry.They say the boy in the box was in ill health and malnourished for about a year and they thought he was with someone on the run or went from place to place traveling. Mr bones appears to have been doing that. Can they check DNA with them. can someone turn them in and ask? https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8011

I hope and pray LE does an update on him soon to find out what is going on in his case to find out who he is.

I hope and pray someone new can reinvestigate his case again.This little boy deserves it.

You know I suggested this a few years ago that maybe possibly if they can check Mr Bones as possibly be related to the boy in the box. Here is why I think that could be possible.They were both found in Pennsylvania and supposedly died in 1957 some time. They were both supposedly of European Ancestry.They say the boy in the box was in ill health and malnourished for about a year and they thought he was with someone on the run or went from place to place traveling. Mr bones appears to have been doing that. Can they check DNA with them. can someone turn them in and ask? https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8011

I believe the DNA they have from the boy is mitochondrial DNA and will only match on the maternal side. So, sadly, matches to potential fathers can't be checked. Hopefully, somewhere there is a sibling, or even a child of a female sibling, who will be a match.

There is a good diagram on this page showing who would be matches: http://americasunknownchild.net/recent.htm

Thank You. I do know about DNA.I emailed and talked to the medical examiner and he said they did redo the DNA about a year ago.I don't know if he meant when they did the DNA testing before. I hope and pray they have the Paternal side of his DNA too now.

His email to me when I asked him about the DNA when I took an adopted little boys lead to him. I also asked if they did or will you do Isotope testing on him.So I don't know if they got more accurate DNA or not. So if anyone finds out Please let us know ok?

[FONT=&amp]Seth Ditizio <Seth.Ditizio@phila.gov>Tosuzanne c

Apr 16 at 3:09 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I believe it was a full profile, nuclear and mitochondrial. I know of no plans for isotope testing at this time.

I did reach out to NAMUS regarding the case. Families of adoptees need to pursue DNA comparisons through a private lab, UNT nor the FB will take the sample.

[/FONT]

I so want this precious boy identified. Sometimes I catch myself thinking It has been solved as in the Cold Case episode.

I have never ruled out the possibility The boy and the box and Mr Bones cases are related.I suggested this a few years ago that maybe possibly if they can check Mr Bones as possibly be related to the boy in the box. Here is why I think that could be possible.They were both found in Pennsylvania and supposedly died in 1957 some time. They were both supposedly of European Ancestry.They say the boy in the box was in ill health and malnourished for about a year and they thought he was with someone on the run or went from place to place traveling. Mr bones appears to have been doing that
I just became aware of the following thread today on "today's posts" and have not read through the entire threads for either. So, I'm just asking if anyone has ever explored whether these two cases may be related. The timing is appropriate. Possible murder of boy in box, then suicide? Will post the same there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...5UMPA-30-35-found-w-30-06-rifle-Oct-58/page35

I have never ruled out the possibility The boy and the box and Mr Bones cases are related.I suggested this a few years ago that maybe possibly if they can check Mr Bones as possibly be related to the boy in the box. Here is why I think that could be possible.They were both found in Pennsylvania and supposedly died in 1957 some time. They were both supposedly of European Ancestry.They say the boy in the box was in ill health and malnourished for about a year and they thought he was with someone on the run or went from place to place traveling. Mr bones appears to have been doing that

Just seems they ought to be able to do that with DNA if they have it. Has LE even considered that these two cases may be related?

Thank You. I do know about DNA.I emailed and talked to the medical examiner and he said they did redo the DNA about a year ago.I don't know if he meant when they did the DNA testing before. I hope and pray they have the Paternal side of his DNA too now.

His email to me when I asked him about the DNA when I took an adopted little boys lead to him. I also asked if they did or will you do Isotope testing on him.So I don't know if they got more accurate DNA or not. So if anyone finds out Please let us know ok?

[FONT=&]Seth Ditizio <Seth.Ditizio@phila.gov>Tosuzanne c

Apr 16 at 3:09 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]I believe it was a full profile, nuclear and mitochondrial. I know of no plans for isotope testing at this time.

I did reach out to NAMUS regarding the case. Families of adoptees need to pursue DNA comparisons through a private lab, UNT nor the FB will take the sample.

[/FONT]

My heart bleeds for you Ms Suzanne. It's so obvious how much you care about the missing children. We need more hearts like yours on these cases.

I recall that too. However, and I don't have the info handy - this was possibly debunked. There were several reasons her story never quite fit. About a year ago, I was in contact with one of the investigators of this little boy in the box - and they don't quite believe it was this child for many reasons. HOWEVER... THEY'RE still trying to verify her story. That's why, on the site - they first question whether anyone KNEW a child named Jonathan.

I wish there was an ending. Little man. I'm glad he became so loved in his death though. Hopefully he can feel that love from Heaven.

Here's an update from the site regarding this woman:
September 2004: During the past year, Vidocq Society investigators located and interviewed additional people who used to live in the Lower Merion neighborhorhood where, according to the unsubstantiated testimony of an Ohio woman, the unknown boy was secretly confined in a basement and subjected to physical and sexual abuse for two years prior to his death. Two of the former neighbors had been frequent visitors to the home, and they had access to all areas, including the basement. They flatly denied that a young boy lived there. A female neighbor who had been a close friend of the family and attended the same church, said that she was astonished to learn of the false accusations being made against them. She stated that the Ohio woman's allegations are "preposterous." The Vidocq Society investigators believe they have now exhausted all investigative options relative to the Ohio lead. Sadly, what had initially appeared to be the most significant breakthrough in the long history of this investigation, has ultimately turned out to be just another frustrating dead end."

"

Wondering if they took cadavar dogs to that home..

Has anyone heard of any updates on this poor little boy. I hope and pray they do one soon.

No; I so want them to solve this [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any news on him? What's going on?

What's going on?
Absolutely nothing...

I know in my heart, one day he will get his name back.
This is my hope and I'm sticking to it!
If only he was treated and loved this much when he was still alive, but that's just wishful thinking because he wasn't.[emoji172][emoji1374][emoji72]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep praying for him and keep looking for who he is.I won't give up on him.In my heart I know he will be Identified too one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member