PA PA - Philadelphia, Schuylkill River, WhtFem 30-60, UP16623, Fur Hat, Lord & Taylor Skirt, Mar'68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
very interesting ! Thank you Filly for giving a bit of local insight to this thread. I love it when people that know areas better talk on threads. You get more of a feel of what it looked like and the feel of the area stores homes and people at the time.

So you think she could of possibly been from South Philly?

Yes I try to keep the old lady cases going.. they pull at my heart strings.

Well the Roman like nose as my Italian ex husband calls it makes me think South or Southwest Philly.

The downside to that is that was a tight, tight knit group of Italians back then and if anyone came up missing they would know it and report it. They were mobbed up as well but they would never hurt family.

The only other thing I can think of maybe she was picked up by a taxi? Perhaps not from PA?

Unfortunately that is an easy out of the way place to leave a body and people do.

Your maps are great BTW.

Oh indeed people from South Philly dressed well. Generations of tailors. They knew good quality.

This Doe's age is estimated to be between 30 and 60. Hardly an "old lady".

Why did I think she was older??? I guess Iam confusing her with the other old ladies found in the same area. I guess she also kind of dressed like my mom.. so I guess that is what makes me think of her as older as well.

but I suggested Darlene Polizzi And she was younger. Oh never mind me ha!!! I still love this case and your newspaper clippings!

Last edited:
Well the Roman like nose as my Italian ex husband calls it makes me think South or Southwest Philly.

The downside to that is that was a tight, tight knit group of Italians back then and if anyone came up missing they would know it and report it. They were mobbed up as well but they would never hurt family.

The only other thing I can think of maybe she was picked up by a taxi? Perhaps not from PA?

Unfortunately that is an easy out of the way place to leave a body and people do.

Your maps are great BTW.

Oh indeed people from South Philly dressed well. Generations of tailors. They knew good quality.

The Nose yes! I guess that is why I suggested Darlene and the lady in the mugshot ha! I wish there was some way to find out the name of the woman in the Philly mugshot and if she ever went missing.

awww thanks I love maps ha!

Its just odd if she was from south philly and nobody looked for her since it was relatively close where she was found.

the cab thing sounds good but where could she have come from.

President Eisenhower was in the White House when I was born.

I'm not old, but some of my joints are, you betcha'!

Mature woman, can we accept that one?

(Although sometimes what we type may not be ....)

It's sort of amusing that responses are geared towards "old lady" being the issue. Eisenhower was in office when I was born, too, so I'm up there. Anyway, while I do find "old lady" to be just a tiny bit pejorative, that wasn't even the point.

The point is that this particular lady could very well be at a much younger age than that of an old, elderly, senior - maybe even mature -woman and shouldn't be included in the list of "women of a certain age". Just the opinion of an old, cranky, sometimes immature woman who needs a nap.

The Lost & The Found

Mary Arcuri

Original

Original

Date last seen Oct. 1, 1964
Age last seen 34 to 35 years old
Sex Female
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Circumstances: Mary was reported to have run off with another man.

City last seen Pittsburgh
County last seen Allegheny
State last seen Pennsylvania

Weight 125 to 130 lbs
Height 64 to 66 inches
Hair color Brown

Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
This looks pretty solid; has she been excluded?

Why did I think she was older??? I guess Iam confusing her with the other old ladies found in the same area. I guess she also kind of dressed like my mom.. so I guess that is what makes me think of her as older as well.

but I suggested Darlene Polizzi And she was younger. Oh never mind me ha!!! I still love this case and your newspaper clippings!

There's something about her that seems vaguely older--not necessarily age-wise, but like she's from an older generation.

I wonder if she actually died earlier but was preserve by the right conditions.maybe she's one of those women who are quicker

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back