Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have skeletal remains found in York:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...county_skull_human_remain.html#incart_m-rpt-1

The remains have been there for 3-10 years, but the person seemed to be slightly younger than RFG, 30-50 years old. White male, 5' 5" to 6."

I'm posting it in case the age is off.

Ray's DNA is already on file. They need to test this set of remains against his DNA for sure, IMO.The age is often off as is height with remains. However, perhaps Ray Gricar has already been ruled out because of the dental work not matching his dental records, IDK? The UID has a dental appliance ( I guess what they call a bridge or partial plate).

This stuck out: “Sometimes somebody might have left and because they are adults people think they’ve moved on,” Bloss said. "

http://www.abc27.com/story/24062721/coroner-human-remains-went-undiscovered-for-3-10-years

Note that Sgt. Jeff Snell says in the video that there are signs of foul play. First indication of such. The last part of the video says that they are checking with surrounding areas but have found no match to missing persons.
I'm not sure that the checking around PA is complete at present.

Lewisburg is about 70 miles, by air, from the site, or about 89 miles by road. It isn't in the immediate surrounding area.

NamUs does have his dental work on file, but not disseminated.

Ironically, the site is within three miles of where Brenda Heist's car was found.

A more recently dead body was found in Elizabeth City, NC, dead less than a year, with a PA ID. http://wtkr.com/2013/11/19/skeletal-remains-found-in-elizabeth-city/

This time of the year might be a good time to find bodies, with more people out in the woods.

I wish we could know if the dentals are even a close match or not, but I'm not sure the coroner would release info specific to another case.

Yes, in winter, many things surface. Some are gruesome, like human remains. Poor unburied unknown people. So very sad, especially when foul play is said to be likely.

ETA: Heist was not believed to be with anyone when she vanished in PA, was she? And she was gone to FL and other places for more than 10 years, right? IOW, there can be no connection between the remains found recently near York and Brenda Heist except car location and remains location. Correct?

Snipped:

ETA: Heist was not believed to be with anyone when she vanished in PA, was she? And she was gone to FL and other places for more than 10 years, right? IOW, there can be no connection between the remains found recently near York and Brenda Heist except car location and remains location. Correct?

Correct. I found it ironic. It was almost 12 years ago.

It is ironic. :) I wonder what the neighborhood looks like in the daytime.... I've only seen close up and night video. It might be an area where transients hang out, I don't remember the specifics about Heist's car location now.

Thank you for the memory refresh, :).

We do have skeletal remains found in York:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...county_skull_human_remain.html#incart_m-rpt-1

The remains have been there for 3-10 years, but the person seemed to be slightly younger than RFG, 30-50 years old. White male, 5' 5" to 6."

I'm posting it in case the age is off.

I was looking up his info ,and came across this wikki page, which says he was found . I didn't remember him being found much less a week after he went missing ,and by his brother.

Ray Gricar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maddening isn't it?

I was looking up his info ,and came across this wikki page, which says he was found . I didn't remember him being found much less a week after he went missing ,and by his brother.

Ray Gricar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maddening isn't it?

The article does not say he has been found. It does say his deceased brother, named ROY, was found after being missing for approximately a week in Ohio.

Please re-read the article. It is basic, and correct.

Trackergd:
Link to Form REV-1500 (3 pages):
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/inheritance_tax/14695

From your posts last month, you received sides 1 and 2 of REV-1500, but only side 1 was filled out. On side 1, which of the 11 numbered ovals were filled in?

You indicated side 2 of REV-1500, with the financial details, was not filled out. But included with the documents you received was a "Notice of Inheritance Tax", and that document did contain financial details, which you posted. Is that notice essentially the same format as side 2 of REV-1500?

I assume you did not receive the third page of REV-1500. Is that correct?

TIA for your reply.

There was no second or third page of REV-1500. Only the first page.

I am trying to get copies of the files sent out, but am covering for others out in production this week and next. I did send J.J. a full copy PDF of the scanned file. Since J.J. has all the other financials, J.J. could probably answer this question better than I.

I am trying to get copies of the files sent out, but am covering for others out in production this week and next. I did send J.J. a full copy PDF of the scanned file. Since J.J. has all the other financials, J.J. could probably answer this question better than I.

I have only received the first page of the form in question; I do not know if a second page exists.

I have only received the first page of the form in question; I do not know if a second page exists.

1500 has a side one and a side two. Only side one was included in the file. Side to was the subject of the petition to keep the information private. I don't think there is a side (or page) 3.

Trackergd:
Link to Form REV-1500 (3 pages):
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/inheritance_tax/14695

From your posts last month, you received sides 1 and 2 of REV-1500, but only side 1 was filled out. On side 1, which of the 11 numbered ovals were filled in?

You indicated side 2 of REV-1500, with the financial details, was not filled out. But included with the documents you received was a "Notice of Inheritance Tax", and that document did contain financial details, which you posted. Is that notice essentially the same format as side 2 of REV-1500?

I assume you did not receive the third page of REV-1500. Is that correct?

TIA for your reply.
Bumping my original request concerning ovals filled in, etc.

If page/side one of the form filed with Centre County is a duplicate of the form filed with the state, applicable ovals (and number of lock boxes) should be filled in, from amongst the following:
1. Original Return
2. Supplemental Return
3. Remainder Return (Date of Death Prior to 12-13-82)
4. Limited Estate
4a. Future Interest Compromise (date of death after 12-12-82)
5. Federal Estate Tax Return Required
6. Decedent Died Testate (Attach Copy of Will)
7. Decedent Maintained a Living Trust (Attach Copy of Trust.)
8. Total Number of Safe Deposit Boxes
9. Litigation Proceeds Received
10. Spousal Poverty Credit (Date of Death Between 12-31-91 and 1-1-95)
11. Election to Tax under Sec. 9113(A)(Attach Schedule O)

What ovals were filled in and what was the number (if any) of safe deposit boxes?

Methinks you presume too much. JMOO. Unless and until we all know what you and (now) J.J. know about the documents filed with Centre County, it is impossible to discuss any relevant implications.

The only "oval" marked is "Original Return."

(They are called "ovals" but the they are boxes.)

The date was 12/26/12 (that is not a typo).

Trackergd, your post #512 on thread #11 (10-28-13) indicated:
"The first page is a Notice of Inheritance Tax - Dated 3-4-2013 - Filed by H. Amos Goodall Jr.

Appraised Value of Return Based On:
$1,057.86 Jointly Owned Property (Schedule F)
$1,057.86 Total Assetts
Approved Deductions and Exemptions:
$15,693.33 Funeral Expenses/Adm. Costs/Misc. Expenses (Schedule H)
$15,693.33 Total Deductions
-$14,635.47 Net Value of Tax Return
-$14,635.47 Net Value of Estate Subject to Tax

No Inheritance Taxes were charged. It looks like all the documents in the file were filed by H. Amos Goodall Jr. for Lara A. Gricar."
-------------

Although labeled a "Notice of Inheritance Tax", this appears to be some of the information (same format) required on page/side 2 of form REV-1500.

I continue to question why it would cost RG's estate 15K to administer 1K in total assets...unless there were a whole lot of assets not subject to public disclosure (or inheritance tax). I think the answer to my question is pretty obvious. But that is JMOO.

There were four things that drove up legal fees:

1. That reward.

2. Applying for trusteeship.

3. The declaration of death.

4. Probate.

There will be some costs of administrating the estate, filing taxes for example. $15 k over six years is not exactly huge. There may also be insurance policy premiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member