PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The "no drink specials" statement was not by Kildare's owner - it was the Grape Street guy.

Someone posted a news broadcast earlier this week from when the video was first discovered. IIRC, the news person said that the Christie's camera catches Shane leaving Kildare's and crossing the street and heading over the bridge. (please correct me if I am wrong) Was this just sloppy reporting or did the video actually catch Shane leaving Kildare's? If we assume that the 2:09 time is correct (don't hate me, just saying) then his departure from Kildare's could not have been 1:50. It more likely was 2:08ish.

Old article on Kildares business practices at West Chester site:

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/entrepreneurs-irish-guy-is-smiling/

This bar, one of six Kildare’s Irish pubs that the tiny, five-foot-six Magrogan has opened in the Philly region in the past four years, is the one he considers his baby. It was his first. It’s where most of his hangers-on and good friends congregate. It’s where he can pretty safely get hammered and not feel like he’s abusing his power too much.

So far today, Magrogan has been to each of his bars — some more than once — popping on the air for quick segments with every live radio broadcast, jumping up onstage with every band, checking in with every general manager to ensure that they’re all executing the Kildare’s “vision.” The first part of the day, he was in his Hummer, negotiating the slippery roads caused by last night’s sleet storm. But he was always upbeat — even when it appeared the lousy weather and sparse crowds might set him back $50,000. “Once it gets later in the day, if people can get some babysitters, they’ll be out here,” he said. “And if we don’t get them tonight, those people will come tomorrow for Sunday brunch. People will come. You’ll see.”

He was right. By evening, the bars did pick up — the Manayunk Kildare’s had a line around the block and a bar full of Car Bombing college kids who probably would’ve been there even if there’d been a terrorist attack on Main Street. And by 12:30 a.m., everything is in full swing here in West Chester. Magrogan is never without a Guinness the whole time he’s here, and even throws down a few of his own Car Bombs. His only problem is the hernia that’s begun poking out of his groin due to the fact he’s spent the day on his feet.

Then, right in the middle of the drunken revelry, Kildare’s is invaded by local police decked out in blue nylon jackets and shining their flashlights. In tow is notorious West Chester zoning board stickler Mike Perrone, who’s there to shuffle the rowdy crowd out into the icy parking lot, hoping that most (if not all) of them will end the night early because the bar is “over capacity,” according to the borough’s zoning laws. It’s the ultimate buzz kill.

Some of the revelers do leave. Most don’t. And 30 minutes later, after arguing *with the cops in the parking lot, 90 percent of the crowd is back inside. Magrogan stands in the middle of the stage with the punky Irish band Hit the Bottle Boys, microphone in hand, apologizing to the crowd for the inconvenience.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/articles/entrepreneurs-irish-guy-is-smiling/#3h3vLqhxTjiqaCWI.99

ok, I watched that news report too. That's why I was confused whether or not there was a video of him from the front leaving. That reporter said there was. I was thinking he was struck by a car that wasn't captured on any cameras but that report debunked that theory. Just not sure if that reporting is accurate??

Kevinc or detpac can you confirm for us if Shane is seen in any other video than the Christie's bridge?

Shane is believed to have been found in the river. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...tudent-Shane-Montgomery-Found-286962511.html?

The parents of West Chester University student Shane Montgomery watched as crews pulled a body from the Schuylkill River Saturday.

Divers discovered the body in the water behind the Manayunk Street Brewery, located near Main Street and Shurs Lane in Manayunk, around 12:30 p.m., multiple sources tell NBC10.

Authorities have not yet confirmed the identity of the man found, however the discovery occurred in the same portion of the Schuylkill River where divers have continued to search for the missing 21-year-old Roxborough native since he was reported missing five weeks ago.

RIP Shane Montgomery. Im thinking about his family and friends right now.

I am seeing on FB that a rumor about Shane being found only one person posted this has anyone heard any rumors today

Does anyone have a map of that location? Thanks.

Been busy the last several days with family here visiting us. Am only on page 2 of this thread. Trying to catch up.

Anyway, still not buying the he COULD have been texting and not paying attention and fell in, theory. Even if he was texting, not paying attention, tripped and fell down that small embankment and landed in the water.......the point is........he would have landed right at the waters edge (if he even made it down that far had the small trees and brush not stopped him first). He would NOT have landed out where it's deeper. I just don't see it or believe it. And we already know the water does not drop off deep right from the embankments edge. It gradually gets deeper as you walk out into the water.

And no, I am NOT talking about that fence/ledge area. I'm talking about any of the other areas at the back of the lot where others claim he "could" have fallen in. I really just don't see it. Like I said before, I am so sure of this that I'm almost willing to roll myself down that dang embankment just to prove the point that I would NOT land all the way out into the middle of the water where it's deeper where you can possibly drown. My guess would be the debris, tree limbs and other junk would stop me first from even reaching the water. And if it hadn't, I would most likely land right there at the edge. Maybe even half in and half out of the water. But certainly NOT out in the middle where I could drown.

I know some people will say.....well he could have fallen down the embankment, hit his head, became unconscious, landed in the water and drowned (even in just a few inches of water). Yes, that is true BUT, even if that had happened, I believe he would have still been lying there right at the waters edge and would have been found. The water simply would NOT have been strong enough to carry him away. Not from the edge, anyway. To drown him, maybe. But not to carry him away. IMO.

Does anyone have a life sized dummy of Shane's weight to roll down the back of the lot to test this? Would love to see what would really happen.

Read paragraph 5 : under just a few minutes

Interesting. Am I remembering correctly that there was 2 DJs, one on the first floor and one on the second and that KevinC spoke with the one on the first floor who was not the one that Shane bumped into his stand? If so, then we could assume that Shane was on the second floor? I am wondering whether Kildare's practice when bouncing someone from the second floor is to walk them down the steps to the first floor and then out or to bounce them out of the fire escape. Any locals know?

oh dear, his poor mother. I cannot even imagine.

To his family and friends who have so graciously joined us on here, I am so sorry for your loss. My heartgoesout to you. ((Group hug))

Thank you, DetPac for the confirmation. Thank you, also, for your work on this case. So sad. Prayers for Shane's family and friends, as well as the community.

I'm sad, too. The report I read said that Shane's parents were there as the body was pulled from the water. I hope, that if it is Shane, that there are some clear answers for his family, so that they can gain some measure of peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back