PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they keep regular business hours but I wouldn't be surprised if the autopsy was being done this weekend--the thing I am unsure of relates to how much of the results will be made public--not sure who makes the decision on this.

I don't know who makes that call either, Helplessly....but maybe someone on this board will.
I just hope Shane's family gets any answers they need. Sadly, I know answers still won't bring their beloved son back, but hopefully they will get them.

Been following this case for a while.. first time poster..Things like this always catch my attention and really get to me as I am a 24 year old female that has felt invincible at times. When I first turned 21, I would get so drunk to the point of blacking out and possibly escaping death a few times. Have wandered off and gotten lost, gotten in random cars, and just have no idea what I was doing. Thankfully I had great friends that looked out for me and never let me get away with these stupid actions... they stayed in the phone until they found me, pulled me out the car, make sure I was still breathing through the night, etc... I look back now and realize how dumb and irresponsible I was. Point of this post was just to show that we do really dumb and irresponsible things while intoxicated. ..feel really sad for Shane and his family and praying he rests in peace.

Is the Schuylkill River tidal at Manayunk? I checked the internet, and found tide charts for the Schuylkill at the Market Street Bridge, but don't know about Manayunk. If it is, then that can move all kinds of things around, to some unusual places. Having said that, it doesn't surprise me at all that poor Shane was found where he was; I did say a week or so ago that bodies don't really go rushing down a river and out to the ocean (this is what my daughter thought would happen-it just doesn't).

This area is protected from tidal, roughly 2-3 miles down river at the Phila Art Museum.
But there are very large Carp and they can become very curious and push the body around a bit.

Channel 6 is reporting now!!... His phone was on Him in a pocket
Also reported a half mile from the keys

Also they said "so far, there have been no signs of foul play", and "an autopsy is being performed".

I have a question.......can we possibly rule out suicide because of the difference of where his body and keys were found?

If we are to believe the potential drowning happened where his body was found, but his keys indicate a different point of entry, it would seem he didnt drown where he went in at.....right?

Also they said "so far, there have been no signs of foul play", and "an autopsy is being performed".
No obvious signs. If you research how difficult a drowning victims body is to examine after it's been in the water for weeks, we might never see any signs other than drowning.

Been following this case for a while.. first time poster..Things like this always catch my attention and really get to me as I am a 24 year old female that has felt invincible at times. When I first turned 21, I would get so drunk to the point of blacking out and possibly escaping death a few times. Have wandered off and gotten lost, gotten in random cars, and just have no idea what I was doing. Thankfully I had great friends that looked out for me and never let me get away with these stupid actions... they stayed in the phone until they found me, pulled me out the car, make sure I was still breathing through the night, etc... I look back now and realize how dumb and irresponsible I was. Point of this post was just to show that we do really dumb and irresponsible things while intoxicated. ..feel really sad for Shane and his family and praying he rests in peace.

Well, I am really happy you are still around to share this, and maybe you are meant to enlighten some of the younger set who are still in the midst of that sort of behavior. Really cool that you were able to look back and see this. I don't think you were dumb, just typical of so many that age. Thanks for joining us.

For those of you not on Facebook (or, if you are and want to join), Friday night (January 9) at 7:00 p.m. there is a Light Up The Night For Shane event. The organizer says "light a candle to remember and honor this young man and his family".

I imagine there will be many, many candles burning.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shane-montgomery-s-legacy-is-unity-and-love

Shane Montgomery’s Legacy is Unity and Love

Unity seems so far out of reach these days. Yet in his own way, Shane Montgomery showed us that our common purpose through this, was realizing that within all of us is the ability to come together unconditionally.

Feel that tug on your foot reminding you to love like never before?

Hmmm, I wonder who…

OK, I'm in tears. I can't imagine what those who knew and loved him are going through. Prayers for you all.

No obvious signs. If you research how difficult a drowning victims body is to examine after it's been in the water for weeks, we might never see any signs other than drowning.

Thanks Always! That's what they said directly which is why I quoted...but, sadly, I agree completely with you. I think it's been so long there might not be any other signs.

I still believe this was an accident. I can't see any reason why Shane would end up being a crime victim. He would not have appeared, Imo, as likely to be carrying a lot of cash, for example, and apparently no signs of a scuffle, etc were found. Just not seeing foul play, but JMO.

I think that's why they're called victims. I've seen people killed over nothing, a pair of sneakers. The knock out game. Living my entire adult life in Philly, I see it all the time. It's nearly impossible to see signs of
of a crime weeks after the fact, unfortunately.

Saturday, Jan 3, 2015 • Updated at 8:56 PM EST
After over a month of searching, the body of 21-year-old college student Shane Montgomery was found Saturday. Here is the timeline of the search for Shane.
Nov. 26 – Nov. 27

• Shane Montgomery, a Roxborough native and West Chester University student goes out with his friends Thanksgiving Eve
  • Shane and his friends visit Kildare’s Pub on 4417 Main Street in Manayunk
  • Friends try to text Shane to tell him they are getting ready to leave. Shane’s phone is apparently dead at this point.
  • Bouncer at Kildare’s tells Shane to leave after claiming he bumped into the DJ table around 1:45 a.m.
  • Shane is reported missing
Nov. 28

Nov. 29

Nov. 30

• Family offers $10,000 reward for information leading to Shane’s whereabouts. Fraternal Order of Police offers $5,000 reward
  • Help Find Shane Go Fund Me Page created
Dec. 1

Dec. 3

Dec. 4

Dec. 6

• Reward increases to $50,000.
  • Rosary for Shane held at St. John the Baptist Church on 146 Rector Street
  • Volunteers wear green ribbons to raise awareness and honor Shane
Dec. 7

Dec. 9

Dec. 10

Dec. 17

• Montgomery family announces they reached out to Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit, a volunteer diving recovery team, for help in the search
Dec. 20

Dec. 21

Dec. 23

Jan. 1

Jan. 3

more:http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...Shane-Montgomery-287430541.html#ixzz3NpABanjl

I have a question.......can we possibly rule out suicide because of the difference of where his body and keys were found?

If we are to believe the potential drowning happened where his body was found, but his keys indicate a different point of entry, it would seem he didnt drown where he went in at.....right?
I don't think we can rule out anything right now and hope we get some answers. Historically though as others have stated it's sometimes difficult to determine cause of death. I am just glad he is home to his family and I will pray they get some solid answers. And the mystery of the cell phone is solved and was on his person.

We can rule out. Shane wasn't texting if he fell in. We spent hours wondering why he went into the lot in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back