PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope we get more information on Monday or DetPac or Kevin can shed some light. Toxicology reports if they were able to even do them would take a bit.
This was talked about before but i cant remember the answer, are toxicology reports possible at this point?

Hey guys you all did a good job on this sorry for getting in so late in the game. I was wondering if Shane has a large family or was he an only child? If Shane does have brothers and sisters how many and how are they holding up through all of this ? Thanks

:welcome3:
Hi, GoatHouse!
Thank you for thinking of Shane today!

I do not know the answers to your questions.

During one of the earlier news videos intermixed with numerous cutaways to various scenes, one scene is a closeup of two investigators attempting to ascertain how Shane may have entered the river. One investigator makes a motion using both his arms to portray a quick 'leap' motion. Also, what we have never been told is what did the FBI find that caused them to believe Shane was in the water. I believe they found something close(r) to the canal.

Yes, that is when they found the video, but I think there was something else too.

At one point, the family did let media know that they would keep them updated, but did ask the media to take a step back. Understandably so...a bunch of reporters around constantly would be difficult to deal with during those agonizing days.
I personally cant lump all the media into one group, saying they're horrible. There are a few good ones out there, JMO

This is just a maybe, but maybe they could tell whether he jumped or not by looking to see if he had any broken bones. I say this because if his body was found 10ft from the edge in 3-4 feet of water as the article states, then jumping into shallow water like that may cause trauma to the bones.

Hey guys you all did a good job on this sorry for getting in so late in the game. I was wondering if Shane has a large family or was he an only child? If Shane does have brothers and sisters how many and how are they holding up through all of this ? Thanks

Shane had an older brother. I would say Shane's extended family was medium-large. I will tell you he has many many people who love him and a very good group of friends. I can't say how they are holding up through this. I have seen them be very strong through all of this. They have a church and community that love them very much.

This was talked about before but i cant remember the answer, are toxicology reports possible at this point?

I am not sure it's hard to know I know they did one on the Majoras case but that was 6 days after, this is 5 weeks.

Toxicology results normally take no less than 3 weeks, usually longer. Autopsy results this fast suggest clear cut COD. As far as conclusion of no foul play, unless there's obvious evidence of suicide, I am still not convinced because we don't know anything more than we did before the results. It's not about wanting to believe one way or the other; it's about wanting these cases pursued more thoroughly especially after body is found. If there is trauma to the body, ME can contribute it to the fall or getting bounced around into debris. It is very hard to prove trauma came prior to the entry into the water. We have to see what the autopsy results reveal or if there is more external evidence such as note, obvious jumping to his death, etc.

Am I to understand there was an actually autopsy performed here?... Results in one day. I have never heard of that in my entire life. Ruled an accident.
I worked in a Nursing home with people in their 90's... If an autopsy was performed it took weeks to determine the cause of death. Most older folks who pass away don't have an autopsy performed they say Oh, Cancer killed them because they had a terminal illness. When they could have clearly died from a heart attack.
I'm assuming there was no autopsy. Ruled accidental due to the circumstances.
That's how it rolls. 75 percent of drownings are ruled an accident. I'm not surprised.

I know someone who was murdered. Clear cut, perps behind bars-admitted the killing. Autopsy results took 5 weeks even with numerous phone calls and speaking with the medical examiner myself.

Always,
I agree it is highly unusual to obtain autopsy results this fast, but that seems to be what the link suggested. A claim for wrongful death would need very substantial forensic evidence from toxicology reports and whatever physical condition of the body could be determined. My personal feeling is for whatever reason, LE or family want this case wrapped up and closed. Just like so many other water related deaths. Sigh. I feel like a broken record. Don't think we will ever get answers. Too bad, it might help to know to solve or prevent future cases.

Yea. You are right. The speculation is more people wanting to understand and wanting answers. It's not about wanting to be right. If something does not make sense to you, you should always question it. Anyone in this thread that has ever at one point believed in foul play has also tried to, either in their head or in posts, tried to put pieces together for an accident theory and tried to look at things from every angle and see what possibly could have happened. I dont think anyone truly cares about being right or wrong when we're talking about a life and tragedy, we just want answers and want to understand.

Thank you for saying this. I was one who favored the foul play theory, because I couldn't fathom the idea of going out on that wall to pee and because of earlier inconsistent statements, etc. However, I have kept an open mind to all theories. I think you said it best that we just want answers and to understand. Because of how long Shane was in the water, I don't know if we will ever have those answers. God bless his family.

Always,
I agree it is highly unusual to obtain autopsy results this fast, but that seems to be what the link suggested. A claim for wrongful death would need very substantial forensic evidence from toxicology reports and whatever physical condition of the body could be determined. My personal feeling is for whatever reason, LE or family want this case wrapped up and closed. Just like so many other water related deaths. Sigh. I feel like a broken record. Don't think we will ever get answers. Too bad, it might help to know to solve or prevent future cases.

Truer words have never been spoken. The family also said Shane was not drunk, and friends...which could hurt them in a lawsuit. They'd have to prove he was over served by Kildares which ultimately lead to his demise.

I'm not sure of the statistics, but somewhere in the vicinity of 80% of drownings are ruled accidental.

Of all the movies I can bring home from work, the one I chose yesterday is Heaven Is For Real.
I surely hope so, and that Shane is with loved ones who have gone before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back