PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he bumps the DJ booth, his card falls out, the DJ gets annoyed, his distant relative, a bar back says come on let's go downstairs before something happens, the downstairs bouncer thinks he's being kicked out in the chaos of the loud music and crowd. Shane goes outside to smoke, decides he needs to smoke something stronger, knows of the cool ledge by the river that no one will see him and slips in. Nobody knows anything because nothing really happened.

So he bumps the DJ booth, his card falls out, the DJ gets annoyed, his distant relative, a bouncer, says come on let's go downstairs before something happens, the downstairs bouncer thinks he's being kicked out in the chaos of the loud music and crowd. Shane goes outside to smoke, decides he needs to smoke something stronger, knows of the cool ledge by the river that no one will see him and slips in. Nobody knows anything because nothing really happened.

Distant relative is a bar back not a bouncer

ok, so he walks down with him before the bouncer gets to him for getting to close to the DJ.

I would imagine PA requires a liquor license for a business that serves alcohol to operate, correct? I would check to see if they've had any violation. Also, the county clerk's office would have record of litigation where Kildares was the named defendant.

I have searched for citations but so far the only thing I was able to locate was all the lawsuits against Kildares. The lawsuits are extensive but they include all of the Kildare locations. There are some for bodily injury but many are for non payment of services. I don't know what the norm is for bodily injury suits at an establishment like this but in my opinion when I see this it leads me to believe there is not good control and oversight. It seems it's all about the money.

ok, so he walks down with him before the bouncer gets to him for getting to close to the DJ.

I gave you that to see if that may jog any thoughts with Shane and him that he was the bar back. Not to correct you but for he was one of the last people to have seen Shane alive and the only one who said he went right this is thought provoking

I am just vacillating so much. I read one theory about suicide and I lean toward it. I read another detailed theory about accident, and lean toward that. Am I the only one, or is anyone else so easily swayed like me? I know we have a great bunch of bright people here, who are throwing out some very convincing suggestions. but I can't remember being so undecided about a case before. When I followed Andrew Jarcyk's case, I absolutely felt foul play. I just did not see him committing suicide. I think if anyone else followed as closely as I did, they would agree. The suicide factors, for me, just was not there. After a month, Andrew was found in the Hudson. It was never actually said, but pretty much inferred it was suicide. In my heart, I still don't think they know what happened, and it will always eat at me as to what did cause this very much loved young man his final demise.
Not only do we have so little information regarding the events of that fateful night, but we know so little of Shane, the 21 yr old college student. I really, really wish that one if his friends or family members would come on here and tell us about him. In Andrew's case I learned a lot about him as Andrew the son, brother, friend, student, financial advisor etc. It is because of this that I was able to conclude my own feelings as to whether or not he harmed himself. Hey, I know we never really know a person, and sometimes people have hidden agendas or do things that just shock us. But with Shane, other than the additional social media accounts you all found, we know nothing. Simply, nothing. Is anyone else feeling as vacillated as I am, or am I the only one all over the board with this one?

No you are not the only one. You just stated it in a way we can all relate to.
I waver too, just tonight...I had 3 different conversations with 3 different people.
They all think accident. All males. They all said the same thing verbatim. They can't believe I think otherwise. I have to admit, I certainly have doubts.
You are totally correct. We are like Hansel & Gretel looking for crumbs.
We have nothing.

I can only speak for myself but absolutely yes. I think this case really lends to it due to the lack of reliable information and some shady behavior by the bar and it's staff. The problem is you feel they are not being truthful but you don't know why. Are the covering up for liability reasons or criminal? And yes the people on here are sharp and persuasive. That's why I try to contribute with some humor, hoping to bring something to the table. LOL.

I love the humor- it truly is refreshing :)

T
Here is what I am finding interesting from those early interviews. Shane's uncle says the bouncer told the family that he saw Shane walk out of Kildare's and he wasn't stumbling. But, there is nothing indicating that the family even knew about the bouncer's sighting [that turned out to be false] early on., despite talking to the bouncer early on. I find that strange. Its weird that it took that a week to come to light and that the bouncer might not have said anything about it to the family, or anyone, early

Am I correct that the person who interacted with Shane regarding the DJ incident was the deemed relative? So if the bouncer's only interaction with Shane was that he watched him leave the bar, why would the bouncer even think it was Shane apologizing to him. Why would he think Shane would be apologizing to him, if he was simply standing at the door when Shane left and did not see the DJ incident.

Again,I do not know what to make of Kildares staff shady activity in this. Im sure a lot of it is liability and not wanting to be accused. But then I wonder about other stuff.

And let's not forget, when the bouncer used the odd choice of words...Shane was in "Good Health"

Any info on the bouncer? Crime, drugs, violence, history of his actions while doing his job? Related to anyone in Kildares management?

I gave you that to see if that may jog any thoughts with Shane and him that he was the bar back. Not to correct you but for he was one of the last people to have seen Shane alive and the only one who said he went right this is thought provoking

It is thought provoking. The distant relative employee seems to have dealt the most with Shane and is the only one who knew he went right. While The bouncer has given incorrect and suspicious information about directions and a sighting. And then no patrons have any info that we know of.

It is thought provoking. The distant relative employee seems to have dealt the most with Shane and is the only one who knew he went right. While The bouncer has given incorrect and suspicious information about directions and a sighting. And then no patrons have any info that we know of.

And this is just a thought IMO and a theory did the distant relative know his direction because he knew where he was headed or led him there? I will say this LE would have ruled this out or not by their investigation. Was Shane served at the bar he was the bar back at?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back