PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know a couple of you have mentioned about the "retweets" on Shane's Twitter account on 11/29.

Has everyone chalked it up to him being "logged in" and someone who had access to his computer/device (other than his phone)just "retweeted"? This is one thing that has always seemed strange to me, but maybe it's nothing?
I am asking the following because I don't know if this can be done. If it has already been discussed, please forgive me.
Can the retweets be tracked to the location that they were retweeted? Many apps use location tracking. Some use exact location, some use general location. I would think either of these may be helpful.
If any of you could let me know if this is possible, I'd appreciate it.

That is not an Amazon Fire cellphone. I believe Shane got an Amazon Fire cellphone this past August for his birthday.

Shane's current phone sports this Speck case (note the camera location is different but otherwise, the same design):

http://www.speckproducts.com/media/...goldbug-whiteblack_3qfrontleftempty_1_1_1.jpg

To me, it looks like it was a Droid or HTC 1.
Ah ok! Thank you for the correction. The case was basically the same though... very white and very visible.

Has anyone checked Lost & Found at Kildare's?! I'm sure it's already been checked once, but with their willingness, maybe it needs to be checked 3-4 times?

Read a new article about Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit's search for Shane this morning - the last section broke my heart (BBM) :

As for the Montgomerys, words can hardly describe their appreciation, says Shane's godfather, Kevin Verbrugge.

"They're like angels," he said. "When they're in the water, we follow them on the bank. We keep a vigil over them and pray that one of them, through the hand of God, will reach down and find Shane."

One of those divers was wearing bright-green diving gear. Green is Shane's favorite color. So Verbrugge texted Shane a message, as he has taken to doing since the young man disappeared. "I told him, 'Shane, look for the diver in the green suit. He will bring you home.' "

Link to the article: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150104_Searching_for_Shane__good_Samaritans_in_wet_suits.html

No, the video showing him behind Christie's crossing the small bridge is all they have. At least as far as we all know
I respectfully disagree with this. We posted news links and video links that allude to there being front video tapes from christies, Apparently they show him crossing the street going towards the towpath/parking lot. I believe it's on the last thread.

To me, it looks like it was a Droid or HTC 1.
Ah ok! Thank you for the correction. The case was basically the same though... very white and very visible.

Has anyone checked Lost & Found at Kildare's?! I'm sure it's already been checked once, but with their willingness, maybe it needs to be checked 3-4 times?

The evening Shane went missing he had an Amazon Fire.

I respectfully disagree with this. We posted news links and video links that allude to there being front video tapes from christies, Apparently they show him crossing the street going towards the towpath/parking lot. I believe it's on the last thread.

LE also might have cellphone and / or hand-held-video camera recordings from patrons.

So there is or isn't video of him on Main St.?

The evening Shane went missing he had an Amazon Fire.

Yes, and I have already thanked you and made note of it here and further up on the link I posted that way others know to base it on case "style and color" and not the phone "shape or type"

So there is or isn't video of him on Main St.?

I read there was video showing Shane and friends arriving to Kildare's but I do not recall where I read that, nor do I recall which camera may have captured that event. The camera might be located at the adjoining business. If I come across the item I will post it.

Can we rule out that he was struck by a car?

Read a new article about Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit's search for Shane this morning - the last section broke my heart (BBM) :

As for the Montgomerys, words can hardly describe their appreciation, says Shane's godfather, Kevin Verbrugge.

"They're like angels," he said. "When they're in the water, we follow them on the bank. We keep a vigil over them and pray that one of them, through the hand of God, will reach down and find Shane."

One of those divers was wearing bright-green diving gear. Green is Shane's favorite color. So Verbrugge texted Shane a message, as he has taken to doing since the young man disappeared. "I told him, 'Shane, look for the diver in the green suit. He will bring you home.' "

Link to the article: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150104_Searching_for_Shane__good_Samaritans_in_wet_suits.html

Oh my. That last part brought stinging tears to my eyes. My heart has been breaking a little more each day with this case. I nearly lost my 25-year old son this fall, to very risky open heart surgery. I've never prayed so hard in my life. To be Shane's momma...praying so hard each day for her boy to be sent home...I cannot imagine having the resolution it must take to be thinking that way. I know it's his uncle who wrote that, but it eats me to think that the family is at that point too.
That sentence is the hardest thing I've read in this entire case so far.
Praying...

I just still find it hard to believe that there are no comments/videos from anyone that night. I searched Youtube, google, twitter and you mean to tell me with all the people there that no one videotaped anything of that night or taking any pictures of their friends? I find this odd. I am sure that Kildares didn't post anything to CYA but the rest of the patrons? I have a daughter who is 27 and she and her friends are always snapping pics or videos wherever they go. It's just a norm for this generation so why is there nothing found?

I just still find it hard to believe that there are no comments/videos from anyone that night. I searched Youtube, google, twitter and you mean to tell me with all the people there that no one videotaped anything of that night or taking any pictures of their friends? I find this odd. I am sure that Kildares didn't post anything to CYA but the rest of the patrons? I have a daughter who is 27 and she and her friends are always snapping pics or videos wherever they go. It's just a norm for this generation so why is there nothing found?

As far as locating Shane is concerned and given there is surveillance video that shows Shane entering in to the parking lot soon if not immediately after leaving Kildare's there is no need for previous video. Such video might be relevant should 'foul play' information surface or if Shane's body is found and it indicates 'foul play.' If significant time had passed from hen Shane left Kildare's to when he is seen entering the parking lot then video showing him during that time would be just as relevant.

As from an out-and-about-with-the-buds perspective it might appear odd no one has posted photos that show Shane and/or friends. The certainly may exist and we have yet to be made aware of their existence or, maybe just-turned-21's aren't used to taking photos during drinking outings? One could assume they would want to show off a bit just turned 21 but I do not find it surprising if we never see such (personal) photos from that evening.

I do find it odd that Kildare's has not (yet?) published photos taken that evening. The Shane as missing person mystery seems to have subdued Kildare's to some degree.

Possibly, it was having 300 people in the building, and the bedlam that comes with that situation. It sounds like it was difficult to just move and find friends, much less having room to take pictures. It sounds like a St Patrick's day type of night, where you pay cover charge to wait at a 3 deep bar. You are happy if you can get a cold beer, on a night like that.

Possibly, it was having 300 people in the building, and the bedlam that comes with that situation. It sounds like it was difficult to just move and find friends, much less having room to take pictures. It sounds like a St Patrick's day type of night, where you pay cover charge to wait at a 3 deep bar. You are happy if you can get a cold beer, on a night like that.
Was the bar over the capacity of 225?

I do find it odd that Kildare's has not (yet?) published photos taken that evening. The Shane as missing person mystery seems to have subdued Kildare's to some degree.

I noticed this as well. I was waiting to see New Year's Eve photos posted on their page, but they seem to have stopped posting photos from their "weekends" and events.
Also, many kids now use Snapchat. Pictures and such, but they are deleted after 10 seconds. My kids are 21 and 17 and use it a lot. Not saying Shane did, I'm just saying its out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back