PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Summer Breeze, you are quick. I only just got my newspaper and somehow I knew you'd probably already posted.

Very interesting and well written piece.

Not sure how I feel about this letter. There was a hit on her tag(license plate) in Camden so she may have been in contact with police that morning. The VIN number is intriguing, but with her tag being widely reported, could someone have used the known information of the vehicle to figure out the VIN? What a cruel hoax if that is the case.

I'm afraid that the most likely explanation for this is that the PI is faking the whole letter. I know people in the Chester County law enforcement circles who consider her to be a complete nut. I am certain that she called the Inquirer to "report" the story - how else would they have known? She plants something about once every 6 months or so to get her own name back in the news. A friend of mine knows Toni's mom and feels that this PI is being cruel to keep them thinking that she is going to solve the case. At least she has changed her wild story to Toni being dead instead of suggesting that she might still be alive.

It seems odd to me that the person who wrote the letter & claims to have dumped Toni's car recorded the VIN of the car before leaving it at an auto body shop.

anymore news on the letter? and i agree why would this person keep the vin# and if they did why would they implicate themselves now?

anymore news on the letter? and i agree why would this person keep the vin# and if they did why would they implicate themselves now?

If I was ferrying vehicles to chop shops, I'd want to keep track of the VINs in case the people I was working for tried to make me take the fall for a crime that was committed with the vehicle I was moving.

If I was ferrying vehicles to chop shops, I'd want to keep track of the VINs in case the people I was working for tried to make me take the fall for a crime that was committed with the vehicle I was moving.

I could see it being more likely if you were doing more than one car. But for this to be just a "random" person "moving" one car as a favor/to get paid.....I don't see why s/he would write down the VIN.

My brain also goes to: You're doing something illegal, but let's make sure we keep good records of what we're doing illegal. Likened to a crack dealer keeping records of every person s/he sold a rock to. It just doesn't add up to me.

bumpity bumpin' it for Toni ... what really happened that night? Where is she? This is definitely one of the more eery missing persons cases... *shiver*

Sent via my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be far-fetched but I'm just putting this out there.

When I'm going out to center city even with a 100 percent fully charged phone by 3am my phone is dead or about to die. I walk through my door with the 2 percent warning more often than not. Considering the fact that her night seemed rather long and she probably didn't have a phone charger her phone may have just died after she "left Johns" on the side of the road. In addition to that, with her intoxication levels that were reported, there could always be the possibility that she gave her phone to John's to hold on to because she could be a drunk texter.. or she could be a ditzy drunk. Someone from the party (or John's) could have sent that text to her daughter.

The other thing that just isn't sitting right with me is the fact that John's even got in the car with her. I'm sorry but if you're trying to date a famous basketball players brother I'm sure there was some anger between John's and Toni when they left. The fact that Toni made a "fool" out of Johns and basically ended any possibility of the "relationship" would sure be an issue. I am seriously wondering why John's even got into the car with Toni when she obviously was visibly intoxicated at the party. I'm surprised the "host's" actually allowed her to leave because a headline of "2 killed in drunk driving accident after leaving 76's house" wouldn't exactly be great.

I personally believe that Toni met with foul play that night. I don't think it was at John's hands but I think she knows what happened and that it happened at the house party they were at. I feel like there was to much done to keep the house party details out of the media. I could be wrong, its just my opinion, but its a different direction to look into.

Last of my rambling.. did anything ever come of the letter to the PI? It seems like a hoax to keep people interested in the PI.

If I'm wrong on anything sorry I read as much as I could of this thread and being from the area and never hearing of this case surprises me.

I agree that the PI thing is the PI trying to get attention.

I think her car's in the water, with her, about where the diver looked for it, and he just didn't manage to find it. Maybe not looking far enough downstream, or something.

They pulled a body from the Schuylkill. I've heard a very little bit about it though. Anyone have any other details?

This may be far-fetched but I'm just putting this out there.

When I'm going out to center city even with a 100 percent fully charged phone by 3am my phone is dead or about to die. I walk through my door with the 2 percent warning more often than not. Considering the fact that her night seemed rather long and she probably didn't have a phone charger her phone may have just died after she "left Johns" on the side of the road. In addition to that, with her intoxication levels that were reported, there could always be the possibility that she gave her phone to John's to hold on to because she could be a drunk texter.. or she could be a ditzy drunk. Someone from the party (or John's) could have sent that text to her daughter.

The other thing that just isn't sitting right with me is the fact that John's even got in the car with her. I'm sorry but if you're trying to date a famous basketball players brother I'm sure there was some anger between John's and Toni when they left. The fact that Toni made a "fool" out of Johns and basically ended any possibility of the "relationship" would sure be an issue. I am seriously wondering why John's even got into the car with Toni when she obviously was visibly intoxicated at the party. I'm surprised the "host's" actually allowed her to leave because a headline of "2 killed in drunk driving accident after leaving 76's house" wouldn't exactly be great.

I personally believe that Toni met with foul play that night. I don't think it was at John's hands but I think she knows what happened and that it happened at the house party they were at. I feel like there was to much done to keep the house party details out of the media. I could be wrong, its just my opinion, but its a different direction to look into.

Last of my rambling.. did anything ever come of the letter to the PI? It seems like a hoax to keep people interested in the PI.

If I'm wrong on anything sorry I read as much as I could of this thread and being from the area and never hearing of this case surprises me.

Hi, I'm the one that posted the disappeared episode to YouTube. I am deeply fascinated by the case and have been following it closely for years. What really happened at the party was that Toni apparently used the 'N' word jokingly whilst playing a word game with Johns and the greens. Willie was offended by it. Crystal made a joke to smooth it over, everybody laughed. (Except Toni) who was angry and embarrassed and began pouring a bottle of wine on the floor, Willie green asked the two women to leave and Toni incised on driving. Willie pulled Crystal to the side and said are you comfortable with her driving you home? Crystal said, "we come together we leave together" Toni left the house crying and saying to Crystal "You want to laugh at me? you want want to laugh at me with THEM!" They got in the car and drove a block away still auguring Toni slammed on the brakes and told crystal to get out. I believe Johns account, she has been very cooperative in the case went to Camden with Eileen to hand out fliers and even volunteered to take a polygraph test which she passed.

Also about Law, Eileen is a really amazing and devoted detective IMO. She has photos of Toni all over her office and even met Toni's daughter. And said 'she is the first thing she thinks of when she wakes up and goes to bed' She feels bad there is no closure for her daughter and family and uses it as motivation to find out what happened. A very interesting thing about Eileen is she is a psychic detective (she says she's not but she kinda is) Here's an article about her: http://www.phillymag.com/articles/eileen-law-psychic-detective/ Anyway about the anonymous letter that was sent to Eileen in January, I believe it is not a hoax. Camden was the last known place the car was in, the letter states Toni's VIN number and the anonymous writer states his/her friend, a cop in Camden got into a fight with Toni and she died and paid him/her 5.000 dollars to get the car out of jersey and into a chop shop in Boston. The Camden police department did not respond to the letter at all which makes me wonder that maybe cops are indeed covering this whole thing up all together.

Also here's the latest news article about Toni: http://www.unionvilletimes.com/?p=17867

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back