PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police told me today there's nothing new.

Missing Budweiser- I know you have followed this closely since Day One. What is your gut feeling at this point?

This is such an odd disappearance and so many things to consider...her mental health, possible drug use, random sightings, the anonymous letter etc.

It's hard to speculate but I think if she had an accident or harmed herself, she would have been found. I think there's more to it than a simple explanation.

Crystal is an interesting character, too. It's hard to decipher if she is just really careless or a sociopath who is hiding something.

This is such an odd disappearance and so many things to consider...her mental health, possible drug use, random sightings, the anonymous letter etc.

It's hard to speculate but I think if she had an accident or harmed herself, she would have been found. I think there's more to it than a simple explanation.

Crystal is an interesting character, too. It's hard to decipher if she is just really careless or a sociopath who is hiding something.

I never understood why Crystal would encourage someone that was taking drugs for bipolar disorder to go out drinking. I am not saying she had anything to do with her disappearance but she was not looking out for her.

Missing Budweiser- I know you have followed this closely since Day One. What is your gut feeling at this point?

I apologize. Just saw this. I'm still not convinced that she didn't end up in the river. I happened to drive by there a couple months ago. It looks like they changed the entrance a little bit to make that scenario less possible although I could be wrong. If I had to guess, I'd say she met with foul play. Whether in Camden or somewhere else. You just don't drive there at 4:00-5:00 AM looking for drugs(cocaine/crack, heroin). You better know someone. I think she ran out of gas or her car broke down. Her phone may have lost power. She might have tried to sleep or just passed out and ran into the wrong person. I have since also talked to someone who used to steal vehicles for a living and deliver them to chop shops. He said her car would have been of no interest unless it had to be. Meaning the person had to get rid of the car to cover up her death or abduction. I'd be shocked if she is alive.

I never understood why Crystal would encourage someone that was taking drugs for bipolar disorder to go out drinking. I am not saying she had anything to do with her disappearance but she was not looking out for her.

I don't think Crystal even knew her entire situation. Encouraged isn't the word I'd use. Millions of people on medication drink. We are talking about two women not even 30 years old. It's kind of hard to stop someone who wants to get drunk or use.

Pettycoats tour to help find missing woman
http://lititzrecord.com/entertainment/pettycoats-tour-to-help-find-missing-woman/

On Oct. 9, Lancaster-based band The Pettycoats will feature Sharpless at Dosie Dough in Lititz as the person they’ve adopted for the nationally recognized Squeaky Wheel Tour.

The Squeaky Wheel Tour is produced every year by the Gina for Missing Persons Foundation. It was started by Jannel Rap, whose sister went missing in 2000. Its mission is to raise awareness of missing people by having musicians “adopt” a missing person in their state and feature them at all of their scheduled gigs throughout October and November each year.

Miller takes her tour outside of the state, partnering with other musicians who are also touring for missing people. The Pettycoats will be performing Second Friday, Oct. 9, in downtown Lititz at Dosie Dough from 6 to 9 p.m. with a picture of Sharpless. The goal is to gain community support and be a bridge to the media in an effort to get Sharpless’ case back in the spotlight.

Just drove past the boat ramp today after dropping off my daughter at a play date. It was a little out of the way but there's a parking area down there and I had some work related emails i needed to respond to asap so I stopped. Obviously this made me think of Toni and her family and I wanted to check in on her thread here. It's so sad that there still are no answers. I don't have any theories as to what happened but I will be re watching the disappeared episode tonight or tomorrow and reading this thread again. It's nice to see that there are some dedicated members here who have continued to post about Toni and seek answers regardless of how much time has passed.

Volunteers cleaning up Cooper River on Earth Day find human remains in Pennsauken, NJ http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...River-Merchantville-Volunteers-376851051.html

Posting this link, which is likely unrelated, but the locale and nearby road immediately made me think if there's a slight chance that the human remains (intact skull/bones) are that of Toni Lee Sharpless? Obviously, there is a whole laundry list of missing people /cold cases this poor body could be...
Here's another link from the Daily Fail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-uncovered-New-Jersey-Earth-Day-cleanup.html

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

http://chaddsfordlive.com/2016/08/23/disappearance-creates-painful-7-year-mystery/
Disappearance creates painful, 7-year mystery

The police chief said Sharpless’ DNA was entered into a national database as was her license — Pennsylvania DND-7772. Her car was never found. Neither was her phone, which was never used, nor her credit cards, which also were not used. In fact, the only evidence police said they received came about two weeks after Sharpless vanished when her Grand Prix’s license plate was recorded by an automatic license-plate reader in Camden. In the seven years since, Werner said many dozens of leads have surfaced; unfortunately, some — such as the caller who erroneously claimed to be an agent with the Canadian equivalent of the FBI or the man who posed as the sheriff of Divide County in North Dakota — have been hoaxes. Most have been simple misidentifications, he said.

So far this year, he said his department hasn’t received any calls, but he said the anniversary typically prompts some. He said he has forwarded many leads to Law.

“She’s been an enormous help in this investigation,” Werner said, explaining that she has resources and connections that his small department does not have.

Volunteers cleaning up Cooper River on Earth Day find human remains in Pennsauken, NJ http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...River-Merchantville-Volunteers-376851051.html

Posting this link, which is likely unrelated, but the locale and nearby road immediately made me think if there's a slight chance that the human remains (intact skull/bones) are that of Toni Lee Sharpless? Obviously, there is a whole laundry list of missing people /cold cases this poor body could be...
Here's another link from the Daily Fail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-uncovered-New-Jersey-Earth-Day-cleanup.html

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

Was there any update to this?

Country Singer advocates for missing woman

http://www.ephratareview.com/news/country-singer-advocates-missing-woman/

Country singer Gina Miller of East Earl is trying to keep Sharpless’ disappearance in the public eye, hoping that someone will remember something, or come forward with information that could crack the case or at least lead to closure for Sharpless’ family.

Before each band performance, Miller tells her audience what is known about Sharpless and uses poster-sized photos to familiarize people with her appearance.

“Somebody’s got to know something,” Miller said recently. “Somebody saw her that night.”

The local woman is strongly attracted to this particular mystery due to her family connections and has made finding Sharpless, or finding out what happened, her mission.

Miller has gone a step further than most; last year, she worked on a music video to showcase a song she co-wrote about Sharpless, called “Missing Piece.”

“We’re both from Chester County and she was an acquaintance,” Miller said. “I can’t imagine having somebody you love go missing and then, not knowing. It’s such a horrible feeling for the family.”

http://local21news.com/news/unsolved-in-pa/unsolved-in-pa-the-case-of-toni-lee-sharpless

Unsolved in Pa: The case of Toni Lee Sharpless

A 29-year-old single mother, Toni Lee Sharpless, went out with friends on Aug. 22 2009 for what was supposed to be a night of fun.

The tips have slowed down but trickle in occasionally.

One tip was an anonymous letter. The person who wrote it said they were paid to move Toni's car out of Camden, New Jersey.b The letter said a friend of the person who paid him to move it got into a fight with a girl and the girl died. Police in New Jersey were also sent the letter but it was determined to be a prank.

The private detective was told it was a prank but said she still feels like someone is trying to tell them something. Toni's family said it might not be the person who wrote the letter but they know someone knows where she is. Knebel said, "I know for a fact somebody knows something.. what happened I really don't care. I just need her to be found to bring us peace and closure" Law said she is going to find answers for this family.

The Tara Grinstead case is a great example that these cold cases can be solved. I know the disappearances of these young women were under totally different circumstances, but it gives me hope. Someone knows something.

Has there been anything "new" written in local papers? I can't seem to find any recent articles about Toni. This case needs to stay in the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back