PA PA - Tracy Kroh, 17, Millersburg, 5 Aug 1989 *perjury convictions*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A Dauphin County woman has been charged with felony perjury after state police said she was caught lying to a grand jury investigating the 30-year-old disappearance case of Tracy Kroh.

Holly D. Mallett, 44, of Halifax was charged in mid-December, when state police said they’d discovered evidence of her lying by intercepting cellphone conversations she had with Matthew A. Webster.

Webster, 54, who also had been charged with perjury, pleaded no contest Tuesday, accepting a conviction, which netted him 4 1/2 to 12 months in prison and 12 months of probation, as well as a $500 fine.

2nd person charged with perjury in teenager’s 1989 disappearance

A Dauphin County woman has been charged with felony perjury after state police said she was caught lying to a grand jury investigating the 30-year-old disappearance case of Tracy Kroh.

Holly D. Mallett, 44, of Halifax was charged in mid-December, when state police said they’d discovered evidence of her lying by intercepting cellphone conversations she had with Matthew A. Webster.

Webster, 54, who also had been charged with perjury, pleaded no contest Tuesday, accepting a conviction, which netted him 4 1/2 to 12 months in prison and 12 months of probation, as well as a $500 fine.
2nd person charged with perjury in teenager’s 1989 disappearance

Yes good but in the context it's a little thing, a little going forward...where are murder charges....where is Tracy's body...how frustrating.....

Chiming in here.

I'm kinda curious about something. Her National Honor Society card and other items of hers were found along the Wiconisco creek a few years after her disappearance. Has it ever been reported, or does anyone know, if the items had been dumped there at the time of her disappearance? Or were they possibly discarded there at a later point? Unless they were laminated, I find it hard to believe some pieces of paper and cardstock could have survived in the elements for possibly five years and remained legible.

Around 2005, I was friends with a band that was based out of Millersburg/Halifax area, and overheard them talking once about the scuttlebutt concerning a missing person I later learned was Tracy. Apparently the talk was she found out about either her boyfriend, or a friend of her boyfriend dealing drugs out of a restaurant he worked in and was threatening to report them, and was killed as a result. This person apparently had a large amount of concrete poured in their backyard shortly after the disappearance due to a pool being built.

As stated earlier in this thread, I find that rather difficult to believe, given the loose-lipped nature of the locals. That, coupled with the enduring FBI presence in town kinda leads me to think it's just local hokum. LE seemed pretty dead-set on the boyfriend for a long time, I've gathered and were never able to pin anything down on him. However, felt like throwing it out there just to address it in this sphere.

The Radford University study on Larry DeWayne Hall lists Tracy Kroh as an alleged victim of his. I'm guessing that's the main source for the Christopher Martin book posted earlier in this thread, because I can find little else about it. Apparently she was potentially connected due to the fact that Hall had traveled through the area a few times due to his following Civil War reenactments. There would have been reenactments in Gettysburg, about two hours away from Millersburg, about one month earlier. A bit of a stretch, but who knows.

Matt Webster is interesting, though. As is his Facebook, last I checked. His posts are that weird mix of "Super-religious-I'm-on-the-cross-too" and "I'll-kill-anyone-who-wrongs-me-I-have-more-guns-than-memories". Kinda mirrors DJ Freez's facebook in the years before he got nailed, from what my friends who knew him tell me.

Chiming in here.

I'm kinda curious about something. Her National Honor Society card and other items of hers were found along the Wiconisco creek a few years after her disappearance. Has it ever been reported, or does anyone know, if the items had been dumped there at the time of her disappearance? Or were they possibly discarded there at a later point? Unless they were laminated, I find it hard to believe some pieces of paper and cardstock could have survived in the elements for possibly five years and remained legible.

Around 2005, I was friends with a band that was based out of Millersburg/Halifax area, and overheard them talking once about the scuttlebutt concerning a missing person I later learned was Tracy. Apparently the talk was she found out about either her boyfriend, or a friend of her boyfriend dealing drugs out of a restaurant he worked in and was threatening to report them, and was killed as a result. This person apparently had a large amount of concrete poured in their backyard shortly after the disappearance due to a pool being built.

As stated earlier in this thread, I find that rather difficult to believe, given the loose-lipped nature of the locals. That, coupled with the enduring FBI presence in town kinda leads me to think it's just local hokum. LE seemed pretty dead-set on the boyfriend for a long time, I've gathered and were never able to pin anything down on him. However, felt like throwing it out there just to address it in this sphere.

The Radford University study on Larry DeWayne Hall lists Tracy Kroh as an alleged victim of his. I'm guessing that's the main source for the Christopher Martin book posted earlier in this thread, because I can find little else about it. Apparently she was potentially connected due to the fact that Hall had traveled through the area a few times due to his following Civil War reenactments. There would have been reenactments in Gettysburg, about two hours away from Millersburg, about one month earlier. A bit of a stretch, but who knows.

Matt Webster is interesting, though. As is his Facebook, last I checked. His posts are that weird mix of "Super-religious-I'm-on-the-cross-too" and "I'll-kill-anyone-who-wrongs-me-I-have-more-guns-than-memories". Kinda mirrors DJ Freez's facebook in the years before he got nailed, from what my friends who knew him tell me.

I can't open it. I get an error.

It’s very brief.

“DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. — A crew was seen digging on Mountain House Road in Dauphin County, near the property Mark Warfel once owned.

Police have previously searched this area in relation to the Tracy Kroh investigation.

PSP confirms they are working with PennDOT for an inactive case.“

It’s very brief.

“DAUPHIN COUNTY, Pa. — A crew was seen digging on Mountain House Road in Dauphin County, near the property Mark Warfel once owned.

Police have previously searched this area in relation to the Tracy Kroh investigation.

PSP confirms they are working with PennDOT for an inactive case.“

Thank you.

I suppose Mr. Warfel is deceased now and why they are going back there over again. Are more people talking?

Last edited:
Ok...thanks.....so they think he did it...even when another man said he and some friends took her, wanting "only" to rape her...but it escalated? I'm lost now.....

Mark Warfel's property is being searched now, he was arrested in 2019 and deemed not competent by a psychiatrist because of COVID and other continuances there has been no movement! It is my understanding he is in jail on a completely unrelated incident that involves a different lady you can find that story on social media.

The man who said "only suppose to be a rape" is a different person Matthew Webster, here is that story Woman charged with perjury related to Tracy Kroh cold case sentenced | fox43.com

Mark Warfel's property is being searched now, he was arrested in 2019 and deemed not competent by a psychiatrist because of COVID and other continuances there has been no movement! It is my understanding he is in jail on a completely unrelated incident that involves a different lady you can find that story on social media.

The man who said "only suppose to be a rape" is a different person Matthew Webster, here is that story Woman charged with perjury related to Tracy Kroh cold case sentenced | fox43.com

I know the story about M. Webster....that's why I was surprised initially that Mark Wafel's place was again searched....What is the connection? If there is any....or is this search just a show of...."look we are still on the case"?

I know the story about M. Webster....that's why I was surprised initially that Mark Wafel's place was again searched....What is the connection? If there is any....or is this search just a show of...."look we are still on the case"?

I don't know that there is a connection between M. Webster and M. Warfel. I know the M. Warfel search happened once before in like 2019 and came from a tip and they are back there again..... On March 18th our local "Crime" page posted a blurb about him and then a week or so later they are searching, I'd say people are looking into the case and they are doing a bit of Covering their own butts.

Upper Dauphin County Crime Alerts Find a March 18th post and read the comments I think that will help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga
Back