CANADA Pamela Jayne Holopainen, 22, Timmins, Ontario, 14 December 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
May 3 2019
ONTARIO COLD CASE: What happened to Pamela Holopainen?
EDT PS COLDCASEPamHOLOPAINEN May1 SB_Super_Portrait.jpg

Pamela Jayne Holopainen disappeared Dec. 14, 2003 from Timmins. Timmins Police Service photo

Pamela Holopainen was 22 the last time her family heard from her.

That was Dec. 14, 2003. Today, she’d be 37.

All these years later, her family awaits news that isn't forthcoming and living with the unknown may be the hardest part of all.

“As much as I pray we find her, or her remains, it is still hard for it to become a reality,” said Holopainen’s older sister Vanessa Brousseau, in a 2017 CBC radio broadcast that was part of a series that shone the light on missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls from northeastern Ontario.

Christmas 2003 came and went. And then on New Year’s Eve the family heard a story that sent Brousseau and her mom to the police station.

“Somebody came up to us at the bingo hall and asked if we’d heard that Pam left her spouse. We said ‘no’, we were shocked. And right away we asked ‘well, where’s the kids?’ and the kids were with the spouse. So immediately me and my mother went and reported my sister missing at the police station,” she said in the interview.

In a Jan. 4, 2004 Timmins police put out a missing person notice which read: “There is a possibility that Holopainen may have gone to the Hamilton, Ontario area. While police do not suspect foul play, members of her family have grown concerned as they have not had any contact with Pamela since she was last seen.”

Noting that Pamela has been compared to this uid and ruled out..
FL - FL - Christmas, WhtFem 259UFFL, 24-29, incomplete braces removal, Dec'03
Outstanding missing persons | Timmins Police Service

Outstanding missing persons | Timmins Police Service
Name: Pamela Holopainen

DOB: 1981-08-01

Date last seen: December 15, 2003

Missing from: 77 Fourth Ave., Timmins

Synopsis: Pamela Holopainen was last seen in the early morning hours of December 15, 2003 after having left a house party. She was reported missing on December 31, 2003 by family members. A lengthy investigation followed, including ground searches of several areas of Timmins, with the assistance of the Ontario Provincial Police. All searches yielded negative results. Police suspect foul play relating to her disappearance.

Description: 22 years old at time of disappearance, Aboriginal female, 5’2”, 126 lbs., medium build, brown hair, blue eyes, possibly wearing a purple “Columbia” winter jacket.

Incident Number: TI03025768

Last edited:
Sept 30 2022
''Vanessa Brousseau’s sister, Pamela Holopainen, has been missing since December 2003. Holopainen, age 22 at the time of her disappearance, was last seen leaving a house party in Timmins, Ont. ''
1664568217980.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980
Back