Parents of Kyron suspect stepmom (MERGED)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would like to know, with respect to the polys is if she was deceptive when answering questions specifically about Kyron, and her involvement in his abduction or if she was deceptive about other things (her whereabouts for example).

I think that people probably need less evidence to have probable cause to believe she did "something" to Kyron but to charge her you would have to have be able to name what she did more precisely, and proving it may be tricky when they haven't found Kyron yet.

A quick question, but when they were asked is there was someone else involved in Kyron's disappearance, wasn't the question posed as a third person? I heard that, and then the newscasters repeated it a couple of times on the broadcast spots.

What surprised me was who was the second person? The LS had nothing to do with Kyron's vanishing as far as what we have read about, right? So we don't know about a 2nd person and yet a 3rd person is asked about :waitasec:

PS: If it wasn't so late I'd go find the video and watch the presser again. xox

This fact leads me to believe that DY had reason to believe that TH was capable of harming her son. Why else would she have in so many words accused her from the very beginning? Hopefully more will come out about this statement. I wonder if this could help her defense. DY intimated she had shared all her "feelings" with LE from the beginning, so could this be why they have focused on TH exclusively, even though they haven't named her an official poi?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_father_recalls_w.html

I would think that is a natural reaction for anyone on the last person that was with the child or supposed to be the one caring for them at that moment.

I would think that is a natural reaction for anyone on the last person that was with the child or supposed to be the one caring for them at that moment.

Especially if the person caring for them is the person who "broke up" your marriage.

I agree! I know that I have been guilty, in the past, of saying to my 3yo, when my 19mo starts crying, "what did you do to him?", and I did not see the cause for his starting to cry. I believe her reaction is fairly normal and along the lines of this.

This, for me, is the most damning piece of evidence against TH. Unless Kyron was not like most other kids his age, he probably told his mother everything about his relationship with TH. She KNOWS that everything wasn't all rainbows and lollipops in that household. When my children were young I heard every miserable detail about their father and stepmother. There are stepmothers who can be unbelievably cruel and manage to hide it from their spouse. DY has my utmost sympathies and I pray daily for her strength and courage.

This, for me, is the most damning piece of evidence against TH. Unless Kyron was not like most other kids his age, he probably told his mother everything about his relationship with TH. She KNOWS that everything wasn't all rainbows and lollipops in that household. When my children were young I heard every miserable detail about their father and stepmother. There are stepmothers who can be unbelievably cruel and manage to hide it from their spouse. DY has my utmost sympathies and I pray daily for her strength and courage.

From what we've been told, TH raised Kyron from infancy. DY has apparently recovered from the illness that forced her to cede primary custody of her son. Why would she not seek to reverse that and bring her little boy to live with his new family. I know I wouldn't have been happy with bi-weekly weekends, especially if I had any suspicion that my child was being mistreated.

I do feel sympathy for her and for KH...this has to be their worst nightmare. However, if TH is not guilty of wrongdoing here, her grief must be overwhelming, even if it is not as publicly evident as DY's.

as a parent though, if you were being told this wouldn't you have dug deeper found out the truth and remove your child from that kind of situation? I think as a natural reaction it is pretty common and then as it sinks in I too think it's common to look at the SM. Not that is always the case or anything, but still.

I agree! I know that I have been guilty, in the past, of saying to my 3yo, when my 19mo starts crying, "what did you do to him?", and I did not see the cause for his starting to cry. I believe her reaction is fairly normal and along the lines of this.

As a mother of five, I agree completely with this assessment and analogy. However, it is normally instinctual to ask 'what did you do to him?' because the older child has in fact hurt the smaller child before (whether or not it was intentional).

I just don't buy that Desiree would automatically assume SM did something to Kyron unless she had good reason to suspect her. There was obviously animosity between the two or Desiree wouldn't have immediately suspected SM. JMHO.

Now, why Desiree hadn't sought custody of Kyron if she did, in fact, have reason to believe SM wasn't being good to him...that is a huge question. Although, perhaps she did, and we just aren't privvy to that information yet.

Could also be that mom knew stepmom wanted custody of Kyron, and rather than thinking she harmed him, she immediately thought TH had spirited him away.

As a mother of five, I agree completely with this assessment and analogy. However, it is normally instinctual to ask 'what did you do to him?' because the older child has in fact hurt the smaller child before (whether or not it was intentional).

I just don't buy that Desiree would automatically assume SM did something to Kyron unless she had good reason to suspect her. There was obviously animosity between the two or Desiree wouldn't have immediately suspected SM. JMHO.

Now, why Desiree hadn't sought custody of Kyron if she did, in fact, have reason to believe SM wasn't being good to him...that is a huge question. Although, perhaps she did, and we just aren't privvy to that information yet.

It is quite possible that DY did try to regain custody and we just don't know it yet, or possibly not. With my stepdaughter, we sincerely felt that we would be able to provide better for her, but did not seek to gain custody for a variety of reasons, including not wanting to take her away from her half-brother, who we would not have been able to gain custody of. While we have terrible issues with my husband's ex, with her manipulating, controlling & lying behavior, we felt it was in my DSD's best interest to remain with her mother.

Similarly, DY may have disliked TMH and felt that she was off and not right, but may not have felt that there was enough reason to make it in Kyron's best interest to live with her again. Maybe she felt that Kyron, being a shy timid boy, would be better off living with his father and older step-brother, who could give him a regular strong male presence in his life. Maybe she even asked Kyron what he wanted to do. Maybe he said that he wanted to keep living with his dad and continue going to his school. Maybe that was enough for her to not move forward. Maybe there were other reasons.

We just don't know at this point, but I do not hold Kyron living with KH, even though DY thought things were off and that TMH was a liar, over DY's head, as to why it appears that she had not sought to regain custody of Kyron. Generally, when parents are separated, the child has to live with one of them. Why does it make it any more of an issue, if that child happens to live with his father, instead of his mother?

It is quite possible that DY did try to regain custody and we just don't know it yet, or possibly not. With my stepdaughter, we sincerely felt that we would be able to provide better for her, but did not seek to gain custody for a variety of reasons, including not wanting to take her away from her half-brother, who we would not have been able to gain custody of. While we have terrible issues with my husband's ex, with her manipulating, controlling & lying behavior, we felt it was in my DSD's best interest to remain with her mother.

Similarly, DY may have disliked TMH and felt that she was off and not right, but may not have felt that there was enough reason to make it in Kyron's best interest to live with her again. Maybe she felt that Kyron, being a shy timid boy, would be better off living with his father and older step-brother, who could give him a regular strong male presence in his life. Maybe she even asked Kyron what he wanted to do. Maybe he said that he wanted to keep living with his dad and continue going to his school. Maybe that was enough for her to not move forward. Maybe there were other reasons.

We just don't know at this point, but I do not hold Kyron living with KH, even though DY thought things were off and that TMH was a liar, over DY's head, as to why it appears that she had not sought to regain custody of Kyron. Generally, when parents are separated, the child has to live with one of them. Why does it make it any more of an issue, if that child happens to live with his father, instead of his mother?

Thank you. It's not just as easy as taking the kid away his father and that's that. There's legal not to mention emotional issues that can be hard to work out. Plus, it could be that DY stepping in and doing that could alienate her from her son. I have a friend who's kids had issues with their stepmother for years, but if she had tried to stand up and say something about it, both kids got mad at her even though they were the ones that complained about the stepmother. She chose to try and preserve harmony in her own home and let her girls deal with what was going on in their dad's home. I don't think she ever thought they were in any real danger from the stepmother, either. And eventually, one of them stopped visiting her dad much at all. Ironically, their father divorced the stepmother not that long ago.

They are much older than Kyron, but I can see DY not wanting this to turn into bad feelings and a Jerry Springer like atmosphere even if she was right. She probably didn't believe TH would actually harm Kyron. It was better to not rock the boat of two houses, which would harm Kyron emotionally in the process, than to try and take him out of his father's home for good. Plus, KH would probably have the law on his side, and all DY would have is TH is a liar. Unless she had definitive proof that Kyron was being abused by TH in that home, it wasn't likely that she could just take Kyron and be done with KH and TH. Plus, I'm sure KH would fight like hell for Kyron too.

K & D on the CBS Early Show.

They are not denying someone else maybe involved. In fact they are hoping someone else is because that would mean Kyron is being taken care of.

K - Were not having money problems.
K to the ? "Were either of you having an affair?" - K - Not that I am aware of.

D says her first thought when she got the phone call that Kyron went missing from Terri - You better not have done anything to my son.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6661870n&tag=related;photovideo

Oh, also she walked out in the middle of the second poly. And returned a week later to "re-take" it.
She failed both.

Thank you. It's not just as easy as taking the kid away his father and that's that. There's legal not mention emotional issues that can be hard to work out. Plus, it could be that DY stepping in and doing that could alienate her from her son. I have a friend who's kids had issues with their stepmother for years, but if she had tried to stand up and do something about it, both kids proabably would have been mad at her for upsetting the family. That and they both complained about their stepmother, but if she said something to their father, they'd get mad at her for talking about it. She chose to try and preserve harmony in her own home and let her girls deal with what was going on in their dad's home. I don't think she ever thought they were in any real danger from the stepmother, either. And eventually, one of them stopped visiting her dad much at all. Ironically, he divorced the stepmother not that long ago.

They are much older than Kyron, but I can see DY not wanting this to turn into bad feelings and a Jerry Springer like atmosphere even if she was right. She probably didn't believe TH would actually harm Kyron. It was better to not rock the boat of two houses, which would harm Kyron emotionally in the process, than to try and take him out of his father's home for good. Plus, Kyron would probably have the law on his side, and all DY would have is TH is a liar. Unless she had definitive proof that Kyron was being abused by TH in that home, it wasn't likely that she could just take Kyrona nd be done with KH and TH. Plus, I'm sure KH would fight like hell for Kyron anyway.

One of the hardest things that we had to learn with regard to my step-kids and everything that we did not like about their mother and her parenting choices is that we can only control what happens in our own home. We can only be the best parents we can be to these kids when they are in our care. We cannot control what happens in their mother's house. We can be supportive of the kids and still act in their best interests, but unless there is a strong, legitimate reason for a child to be taken from their current custodial home, whether that be with the mother or the father, it is not very likely that it will happen, unless both parties are in agreement.

Can someone help me with something....

I'm trying to think what I would be doing if I was DY. A number of you have mentioned that TH ruined her marriage to KH (do we know this for a fact?).

So....I believe that a woman who ruined my marriage is now responsible for the disappearance of my son. I never really liked or trusted her but for some reason allowed her to raise my son and I decided that it made sense for me to live 4 1/2 hours away. I am livid (she does appear to be mad at TH)

Now...I am doing a presser with my ex who happens to be the man who dumped me for TH, allowed her to be in my sons life and never seemed to see her for who I thought she really was. Instead of appearing to be LIVID with him too, I am stealing glances with little knowing smiles at him.

Why doesn't she want to hire a hit on KH as well (kind of joking here) as I know I would want to!!!!!

Something is just rubbing me the wrong way and I can't place my finder on it. Does anyone else feel the same way??

Young also said she suspects that Terri Horman did not act alone.

CNN: "Do you think she would have done this alone?"
Desiree Young: "I don't believe so because honestly she didn't take out a contract on her husband alone, so I think she probably needed help. But that's speculation. It's not proven and I don't have any evidence to say that's the case, but I think it helps me feel better about the situation if that's the case.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

Is she saying there was someone else besides TH and the landscaper involved with the MFH?????????????

Could also be that mom knew stepmom wanted custody of Kyron, and rather than thinking she harmed him, she immediately thought TH had spirited him away.

Right debirlfan, it's easier for her to think he's been hidden away by Terri than to think he's been abducted by a pedophile.

Otherwise I don't understand why Desiree blamed Terri from the first moment. I really don't. It's almost a "now what have you done?" type thought.

Young also said she suspects that Terri Horman did not act alone.

CNN: "Do you think she would have done this alone?"
Desiree Young: "I don't believe so because honestly she didn't take out a contract on her husband alone, so I think she probably needed help. But that's speculation. It's not proven and I don't have any evidence to say that's the case, but I think it helps me feel better about the situation if that's the case.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

Is she saying there was someone else besides TH and the landscaper involved with the MFH?????????????

I think she meant the act of hiring a hitman shows TH wouldn't do something by herself. And with Kyron DY feels TH would invite help. And honestly the poor mom has to think that. The alternative means her son is dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back