Paris Hilton to serve time part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would venture to guess that she felt embarrased to tell the judge that she was addicted to alcohol, meth, Ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, PCP, mescaline, LSD and ABC........

Perhaps Poor Lil Paris didn't announce her medical needs as she entered the penal system because she truly believed she would not be there more than one day. It's obvious Paris Hilton has a different sense of Reality than the rest of us.

Paris can't spell Afghanistan...her publicist can spell it.

Paris is probably zonked out of her mind on meds.....and probably will be for the remainder of her sentence.

Fox News just had a segment on that stupid Sheriff that let her go--They said that Lee (Chew)Bacca loves the limelight also

I would venture to guess that she felt embarrased to tell the judge that she was addicted to alcohol, meth, Ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, marijuana, PCP, mescaline, LSD and ABC........

Exactly...I said this a few pages back, didn't see anyone saying she was going through withdrawals. I think she was needing her drugs and she lost it. JMO. I am surprised that I haven't heard that once on the news, but I tend to flip when I see her story, a little too much attention.

What kills me is the way she and her family behave as though Los Angeles County and the rest of the world are out to get Paris b/c of her being rich & famous. :doh: Like everyone has it in for poor, little Paris. It's that mindset around Paris all her life that has made her how she is right now. Like she doesn't have to be responsible in any way b/c she's PARIS HILTON.

:hand: :loser:

I think this is the article you are talking about......

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=265083

I've been saying all along, follow the money. Lee Baca has flaunted his authority. The "gifts" that have been documented (>$42K) are only what the public is aware. There's much, much, more money involved in this story.

Follow the money. That's when the truth will come out.

I've been saying all along, follow the money. Lee Baca has flaunted his authority. The "gifts" that have been documented (>$42) are only what the public is aware. There's much, much, more money involved in this story.

Follow the money. That's when the truth will come out.
Did you see how Villaraigoso announced his separation very timely?
No one was paying any attention.

Baca is surrounded in controversy and this whole battle is very political in nature.

On November 9, 2006, Sheriff Baca and Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley issued a press release regarding their joint policy on early release, which requires all jail inmates to serve at least 25 percent of their sentence before becoming eligible for early release. In the press release, Sheriff Baca said, "I also want to thank District Attorney Steve Cooley for his most valuable input on this matter. This new policy will move us forward to where one day all inmates will serve the entire time required."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Baca

On Fox this morning, they had some atty TH on, talking about the Paris saga. He said it's basically a sad state of our society that we're almost wishing her harm. I don't know about that, but at least not blatant favoritism.

However, he went on more about how the whole LA justice system is flawed because so many don't serve their full sentence. Basically, said it was a joke, just like the Paris situation. IIRC, he said 200,000 got released early last year. Maybe this will bring that subject even more to the forefront and be researched more. I know it's already discussed, but just trying to find a positive, ya know? And of course, it all comes down to resources, that's fundamental.

Combine money and power with arrogance and entitlement and you get Paris Hilton. She does nothing, contributes nothing, and yet she's considered an idol. Paris has become an example of what most decent people is society detest: how to beat the system.

Three days in jail become five.
One day on house arrest become two.
One week credit for 76 hours.

Paris would have been drug tested when she was re-admitted to jail. Those tests can be used by the DA to file charges that she violated her probation while on house arrest. I'll wait and see if Mr. Delgadillo has the courage to step out into the fight.

The last that I heard this AM was she was spending the weekend in the Psychiatric facility, so maybe they will have to put her on Meds to get her thru her prison stay.

Combine money and power with arrogance and entitlement and you get Paris Hilton. She does nothing, contributes nothing, and yet she's considered an idol. Paris has become an example of what most decent people is society detest: how to beat the system.

Three days in jail become five.
One day on house arrest become two.
One week credit for 76 hours.

Paris would have been drug tested when she was re-admitted to jail. Those tests can be used by the DA to file charges that she violated her probation while on house arrest. I'll wait and see if Mr. Delgadillo has the courage to step out into the fight.
Regarding the credit for time served. that is a standard forumla and there has been nothing unusual about how her days have been calculated.They would have been calculated the same for any inmate.
One is credited with one day served for any time during a 24 hour period one spends in a CA jail.
If you are in jail for one hour it is one day served. if you are in jail 22 hours within the same day you will get the same credit for one day served. it is not calculated in hours. That is why people try to turn themselves in as late as possible. Often the orders will say to turn yourself in by 5 pm on a certain date. But you can turn yourself in anytime before that. So many turn themselves in on an earlier date, but much later in the day, which is still acceptable.This is what PH did. She turned herself in late in the evening and got credit for the whole day, as anyone would.
If you go in before midnight one day and are released after midnight, you will get credit for 2 days serrved.
She turned herself in before midnight the 3rd, so she gets one day credit for that day.
Since then, she would be credited for June 4,5,6,7,8,9,10(today), so she should have time served at this point for 8 days. At 12:01 tonight she will have credit for 9 days.
Typically, our inmates are released right after midnight on the day of their projected release date. So if she is scheduled to be released 6/26, she will get out at 1 or 2 in the morning and will get credit for the full day, even though it may only be a couple hours old.

her credit for time served has been calculated correctly.

No doubt her time has been calculated correctly.

I wish I could convice my employer to pay me with such creative time keeping!

The "good time" credits are federally mandated - to ease overcrowding and encourage good behavior. At this time for jails it's each 4 days served = 6 days credit. Same thing with the "check-in" credit for the exact days starting at midnight. Basically if you are "in custody" at midnight you get credited for that entire day - even if you are actually there only 30 minutes of that "day". Prison sentences are mandated by the same type of "rules" - not sure if it's the 4=6 for prison though?

Prisoners (jail or prison) can also "work" and they earn "extra time off credit" for working as well. This IS discretionary. Paris cannot "work" to earn additional credit (per the judge) but the judge cannot prohibit her from getting the federally mandated "good time" credit. "Good Time" is NOT discretionary - no judge can change that. Paris also gets credit for any "days" she spent in jail prior.

Thus a 45 day sentence gets reduced to 23 (or fewer) days for Paris and ANY prisoner who is reasonably well behaved. Other prisoners who are eligible to WORK also get additional "time served" credits - reducing THEIR sentences even further. It is not the Sheriff OR the judge who sets the "good time" rules and Paris is not getting any special treatment.

And BTW - Michelle Rodriguez spent 2 days in the same jail for a DUI probation violation - and the second arrest she was on probation, her license was suspended and she WAS DRUNK - Paris was not. And MR WAS admitted to the special needs cell block (same as Paris), not into the general population. ALL celebrities are automatically "special needs" - it isn't their choice - it's because they cannot be properly protected from angry, violent, ill or disturbed inmates who might be in the general population. They become a target just by being there and the jail does NOT want a Mel Gibson or Michelle Rodgriguez or Paris Hilton to get injured (or killed) or get a staph infection or other disease while in their custody..it works the same everywhere - even Martha Stewart went into a special cell block with inmates who could be trusted.

My Opinion

Id rather work if I was stuck in prison rather than be stuck in a small area but Im claustrophobic.
Theres only so many books you can read, I guess her fam can bring her Glamour Mags to look at? lol:)
I think Martha Steward was assigned work duties while she was in, I bet she cleaned that entire place knowing how much she loves to clean:D

The "good time" credits are federally mandated - to ease overcrowding and encourage good behavior. At this time for jails it's each 4 days served = 6 days credit. Same thing with the "check-in" credit for the exact days starting at midnight. Basically if you are "in custody" at midnight you get credited for that entire day - even if you are actually there only 30 minutes of that "day". Prison sentences are mandated by the same type of "rules" - not sure if it's the 4=6 for prison though?

Prisoners (jail or prison) can also "work" and they earn "extra time off credit" for working as well. This IS discretionary. Paris cannot "work" to earn additional credit (per the judge) but the judge cannot prohibit her from getting the federally mandated "good time" credit. "Good Time" is NOT discretionary - no judge can change that. Paris also gets credit for any "days" she spent in jail prior.

Thus a 45 day sentence gets reduced to 23 (or fewer) days for Paris and ANY prisoner who is reasonably well behaved. Other prisoners who are eligible to WORK also get additional "time served" credits - reducing THEIR sentences even further. It is not the Sheriff OR the judge who sets the "good time" rules and Paris is not getting any special treatment.

And BTW - Michelle Rodriguez spent 2 days in the same jail for a DUI probation violation - and the second arrest she was on probation, her license was suspended and she WAS DRUNK - Paris was not. And MR WAS admitted to the special needs cell block (same as Paris), not into the general population. ALL celebrities are automatically "special needs" - it isn't their choice - it's because they cannot be properly protected from angry, violent, ill or disturbed inmates who might be in the general population. They become a target just by being there and the jail does NOT want a Mel Gibson or Michelle Rodgriguez or Paris Hilton to get injured (or killed) or get a staph infection or other disease while in their custody..it works the same everywhere - even Martha Stewart went into a special cell block with inmates who could be trusted.

My Opinion

Why did Michelle Rodriguez go to Twin Towers and PH didn't have to (at least, not at first)?:confused: It seems like if their cases were so similar, why were they treated differently?

According to TMZ Paris issued this statement

Today I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision. While I greatly appreciate the Sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge.

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience.

As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistake. I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming.

I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials. I would hope going forward that the public and the media will focus on more important things, like the men and women serving our country in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places around the world."

I don't believe for a second that Paris wrote that statement. I bet she didn't even get to read it before it was released. It sounds a lot like the suddenly responsible-sounding statement she released shortly after hiring Richard Hutton, ie "I'm ready to face the consequences." I think somebody in Hutton's office is writing this stuff for her. This is obviously not coming from the same person who screamed, "It's not right! Mom!" on Friday.

ETA: Doesn't sound like any of her Elliot Mintz statements either!

Id rather work if I was stuck in prison rather than be stuck in a small area but Im claustrophobic.
Theres only so many books you can read, I guess her fam can bring her Glamour Mags to look at? lol:)
I think Martha Steward was assigned work duties while she was in, I bet she cleaned that entire place knowing how much she loves to clean:D
HI Feddup. Working in jail is a priviledge.There are levels oif jobs as well, with kitchen, "scullery crew" being a biggie. It is not available to all inmates at all facilities. I think the more minimum security jails offer more work to inmates. But short timers don't have enough time to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe