Paris Hilton to serve time

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if she checked in before midnight on the 3rd, she gets credit for timed served on the 3,4,5,6, and if she was out after midnight she gets time served for the 7th also. So 4 or 5 days credit.
I hate to say this, but in reality, that is what the average inmate would have served on this deal. MOST LA county inmates are still only serving 10% of their sentence. So take some comfort in knowing that she served the typical as well as additional house arrest for the balance.
They are trying to get the times up to 50%, but I don;t think they are there yet. My buddy's son has been arrested up in LA county sooo many times and he usually serves 9 days of his 90 day sentences. this is the one with hep C that serves in Twin Towers.

Not saying right or wrong, i am just saying the reality. But either which way, her sentence was what it was and the judge knew this was a possibility which is why he put so many limitations on it. To be released because of a rash, they would probably have to release the whole jail population.

--"medical condition"--Joy Behar on the VIEW was brutal,saying the medical condtion Paris had was another herpes attack--said she forgot her medication, Valtrex--think a prescription for that was found in Paris' storehouse

You know, this could really be the medical condition.

What a spoiled, sickening, person she is. Honest to God this just makes me so mad.

What a weird system! More than "what's the point of prosecuting" - I say what's the point of the Judge handing down a sentence?? He (Judge) could very easily have sentenced her to 'in house arrest' but he didn't - he said JAIL!!

Here the Sheriff can over rule the Judge! I can understand when the jail doesn't have room and the Sheriff releases the convict for various reasons (overcrowding, good behavior) but this is actually changing the sentence!! Or am I missing something here??

What a weird system! More than "what's the point of prosecuting" - I say what's the point of the Judge handing down a sentence?? He (Judge) could very easily have sentenced her to 'in house arrest' but he didn't - he said JAIL!!

Here the Sheriff can over rule the Judge! I can understand when the jail doesn't have room and the Sheriff releases the convict for various reasons (overcrowding, good behavior) but this is actually changing the sentence!! Or am I missing something here??
happens all the time. WElcome to the LA County Jail Operations.

You know, this could really be the medical condition.

What a spoiled, sickening, person she is. Honest to God this just makes me so mad.

Me too Tricia. I am FUMING!!!

I might believe it's a rash except we only heard about her psychiatrist visiting her. She could have been transferred and/or treated there for some lousy rash imo.

I can take it a step further. this buddy of mine, the father of the kid that has been incarcerated so many times, pushed the DA and evreyone to get the kid behind bars longer so he would learn something. He got no help and this kid was usually out in a day or two..never ,more than 9 days.
He did ultimately end up in State prison...but not after many being in jail for short stints like this over and over. this was just in the last year or 2.

There's nothing wrong with Paris, what a joke- and she is, she gets bagged relentlessly here- we can't stand her-

I can take it a step further. this buddy of mine, the father of the kid that has been incarcerated so many times, pushed the DA and evreyone to get the kid behind bars longer so he would learn something. He got no help and this kid was usually out in a day or two..never ,more than 9 days.
He did ultimately end up in State prison...but not after many being in jail for short stints like this over and over. this was just in the last year or 2.

Out of curiosity - how much of a sentence do you need to go to prison?

OK - maybe someone needs to send another petition to Arnold!:D
Heehe they really are trying to get it up to 50%. But I just see crimes like this one still at 10%..generally speaking.
Down here in The OC it is 60%. She would have served 27 days down here...for sure. We are overcrowded, but not like LA.

Out of curiosity - how much of a sentence do you need to go to prison?
one day over a year. That's why you often hear sentences of one year and a day. Cannot be sentenced more than a year in jail.
If they want you to go to prison, it is one year and one day.
Now you can await trial for years in jail.(Scott Peterson).but cannot be sentenced there for that long.

I know a guy who worked for a big name courier service. He committed a Federal Crime. He stole from the company he was delivering for and ended up getting caught. Of course he resigned from the company before they could get sued. Instead of going to jail, he served 90 days house arrest. He could only go out 1 day a week for a few hours to get food, and he couldn’t have any visitors in his house… It wasn’t fun for him no matter how you slice it. Grant it, he would rather be at home than a jail, and of course Paris has a mansion so I’m sure it would be easier than a small place like my friend has

If Paris can't have visitors then I would feel just a tinsy bit better about it. Not much. I haven't seen anything yet about visitors. She can always claim people are living at her house with her if she wanted.

I know a guy who worked for a big name courier service. He committed a Federal Crime. He stole from the company he was delivering for and ended up getting caught. Of course he resigned from the company before they could get sued. Instead of going to jail, he served 90 days house arrest. He could only go out 1 day a week for a few hours to get food, and he couldn’t have any visitors in his house… It wasn’t fun for him no matter how you slice it. Grant it, he would rather be at home than a jail, and of course Paris has a mansion so I’m sure it would be easier than a small place like my friend has
Paperdoll I am fifty today. How the heck am I supposed to read that font?

I know a couple people on house arrest. It is actually a lot harder than it sounds.

If Paris can't have visitors then I would feel just a tinsy bit better about it. Not much. I haven't seen anything yet about visitors. She can always claim people are living at her house with her if she wanted.
They are tough about that. She has to be within answering distance of the phaone atall times. If they call and she doesn't answer..it's off to the pokey. She probably will not be able to set foot out her house..literally even to get the paper, without preappoval..
All alcohol will be removed and guns too.
No visitors. Will not be able to go in a pool or anything like that either.

The monitor is set to certain parameters and boundaries around the house. It will go off if she goes too far from her front door.

They are tough about that. She has to be within answering distance of the phaone atall times. If they call and she doesn't answer..it's off to the pokey. She probably will not be able to set foot out her house..literally even to get the paper, without preappoval..

The monitor is set to certain parameters and boundaries around the house. It will go off if she goes too far from her front door.

Wow. i had no idea it was that restrictive.

Bet she'll screw it up.

one day over a year. That's why you often hear sentences of one year and a day. Cannot be sentenced more than a year in jail.
If they want you to go to prison, it is one year and one day.
Now you can await trial for years in jail.(Scott Peterson).but cannot be sentenced there for that long.

Well that's better than us!:p Here if you go to jail if the sentence is 2 yrs less a day and over that you go to prison. But then again....with our government hardly anyone is ever sentenced to jail anymore (it's all about rehabilitation ya know:crazy:) so I guess, I shouldn't even be part of this conversation!:D

This makes me feel a little better!:D When you think about it - with her lifestyle, 40 days of this should be somewhat of a hardship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member