PayPal Donations for Documents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent. :) Love that we've got to see real documents in this case because of the sunshine law and are not solely relaying on the leaks of the press.

Oh heck yeah! Especially since the media frequently have been publishing incorrect information! They continue to do so even after the documents are being released and available to all. So odd.

Thanks to the generosity of those who've been able to contribute, we have reached the $700 mark!

Donations are now closed. Will update you guys as soon as we get word from the SAO.

Just got the email. Docs are ready. Estimate was low this time. Total is higher than she estimated. Going to check with Tricia to see what the final total is we collected. NIN will be picking them up first thing in the morning. Work and all that good stuff interferes with being able to get them today.

To: [redacted]
Sent: Thu, Jan 7, 2016 2:03 pm
Subject: Wright Public Record

Your public record request for the Wright case, part 3, is ready.
The total cost is $877.26. Payment can be made with check, money order or exact cash.
It is ready for pick-up in the Fort Myers SAO office, 6th floor.

Thanks,
[redacted]
State Attorney’s Office
[redacted]

Just got the email. Docs are ready. Estimate was low this time. Total is higher than she estimated. Going to check with Tricia to see what the final total is we collected. NIN will be picking them up first thing in the morning. Work and all that good stuff interferes with being able to get them today.

Sent: Thu, Jan 7, 2016 2:03 pm

Your public record request for the Wright case, part 3, is ready.
The total cost is $877.26. Payment can be made with check, money order or exact cash.
It is ready for pick-up in the Fort Myers SAO office, 6th floor.

Thanks,
[redacted]
State Attorney’s Office
[redacted]

It appears a bit more money is needed....okay by me. I apprdiate the fact that the uneeded pages are left out to reduce the cost. I will watch for the update. Thanks.

It appears a bit more money is needed....okay by me. I apprdiate the fact that the uneeded pages are left out to reduce the cost. I will watch for the update. Thanks.

It's okay. I contacted Tricia. She is going to personally make up the difference. This has been expensive and we do not want to ask anyone to contribute any more cash at this time.. Not unusually expensive, it's just that these doc releases have hit us back-to-back so quickly. Usually these sort of things are staggered several weeks/months apart.

Thank you Tricia! Thanks Beach for checking! Onto reading!

It's okay. I contacted Tricia. She is going to personally make up the difference. This has been expensive and we do not want to ask anyone to contribute any more cash at this time.. Not unusually expensive, it's just that these doc releases have hit us back-to-back so quickly. Usually these sort of things are staggered several weeks/months apart.
Very nice of her to do so. Please tell her I said thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If more money is needed, please do not hesitate in posting it. I think most of us are on the same page in getting justice, asap. It's also great in motivating others to participate, who may feel "out of the loop."

Yes, thank you Tricia. And I agree, please do not hesitate to ask for what you need.

Special Service Charge - FL Statute 119.07 (4)(d)

I’m curious beach – On the SAO invoices for the prior public records requests, is there an itemized “special service charge” in addition to the per-page copy charge?

For FL public records requests, when there are extensive reviews and redactions, there usually is a substantial “special service charge”.
I ask this question because there is sometimes a way around being the one stuck paying that “special service charge“.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...tute&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.07.html
If the nature or volume of public records requested to be inspected or copied pursuant to this subsection is such as to require extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the agency involved, or both, the agency may charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplication, a special service charge, which shall be reasonable and shall be based on the cost incurred for such extensive use of information technology resources or the labor cost of the personnel providing the service that is actually incurred by the agency or attributable to the agency for the clerical and supervisory assistance required, or both.
^^BBM

Special Service Charge - FL Statute 119.07 (4)(d)

I’m curious beach – On the SAO invoices for the prior public records requests, is there an itemized “special service charge” in addition to the per-page copy charge?

For FL public records requests, when there are extensive reviews and redactions, there usually is a substantial “special service charge”.
I ask this question because there is sometimes a way around being the one stuck paying that “special service charge“.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...tute&URL=0100-0199/0119/Sections/0119.07.html
If the nature or volume of public records requested to be inspected or copied pursuant to this subsection is such as to require extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the agency involved, or both, the agency may charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplication, a special service charge, which shall be reasonable and shall be based on the cost incurred for such extensive use of information technology resources or the labor cost of the personnel providing the service that is actually incurred by the agency or attributable to the agency for the clerical and supervisory assistance required, or both.
^^BBM

Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. We have asked about that charge. I know a couple of other media contacts have questioned it as well. The "special service charge" is an hourly rate spent for clerical & paralegal type labor - redacting, copying, etc... We have all been advised the same - assured that that charge is split equally between every requesting party. That would include all the media outlets, individuals, etc... According to the invoices and calculating the standard "per page cost", they appear to be doing that. I forget exactly what the hourly rate she quoted us for the "special service charge" but it was not cheap. We were advised of it long ago (before we ever requested the first batch) but I will try to dig through old emails and find it. I want to say it was $40 per hour, but don't hold me to that until I get a chance to confirm for certain.

Another New Batch of Docs to be Released
:doorhide:​

Please don't shoot the messenger. :innocent: Pretty please. :angel:

Email received from the SAO this afternoon -

Sent: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 4:07 pm

The estimate for the next portion of public record in the Curtis Wright case will be $1,200.
Please let me know if you would like me to fulfill your request for the records.
There is not currently a time frame for completion. This is just an estimate to move forward.

Thanks,
[redacted]
State Attorney’s Office
[redacted]

Here is the deal -

We have zero control over how these docs are being released. It has been very, very fast paced, which makes it a double-edged sword. From a serious sleuth's point of view, it's great...a fabulous gift; from a financial aspect, it is unfortunate timing. This is the first time in my experience that I've ever seen large volumes like this being released in such quick succession. In Caylee Anthony's case we usually had at least 60 days between releases, so this pace is new for us too. Bottom line - this isn't the Anthony case, it is the Sievers case and it is what it is. Our only option is to work with the hand we are dealt. We tossed around the idea about not even re-opening donations because we understand the expense is substantial and this email is coming only 8 days after the last notice. HOWEVER, a few members have contacted me and they want these documents. They have indicated they are willing to continue to invest in this project. Without our own set, we will only have access to the minimal pages that the press releases.

In consideration of all members who have expressed an interest in continuing to purchase our own docs, we are re-opening donations. PLEASE understand that no one should feel obligated. Circumstances are different for everyone. We completely understand that. It is a personal choice.

All that said, not long ago I ran across a FEW posts expressing they felt it was a waste of money; suggesting we could just get it from the press releases. I KNOW that there are many others that feel differently. So, the choice to continue to purchase documents for as long as we are able, is NOT up for discussion. If you feel differently, the solution is simple - do not contribute. Just don't make a contribution. We all can respect that. What is NOT okay is to post your personal feelings disagreeing with the choice to continue.

Anticipating the next question (;)) - We have no way of knowing what will be released. No one does, except the SAO. Think of it as sitting down to a poker table in Vegas - you ante up and the dealer throws cards your way. You might get a royal flush or you could be dealt a bunch of low cards of varying suits with little value. You don't know until you get to look at what the dealer has dealt you. Same concept here.

If you would like to contribute, here is the drill again -

Go to www.paypal.com and put in the email address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

Tricia has directed me to ask anyone uncomfortable using the PayPal method, to PM her directly. She may have another couple of options available for you guys.

This is not a non-profit donation. There are no tax benefits for donating.

Thanks again to everyone. For your understanding, as well as your contributions. :heartbeat:

Thank You Beach. Agree with everything you said.

I want to reiterate what Beach said. Please do not in any way shape or form feel obligated to send a donation. Only if you can afford it and you want to help out with the documents.

Thank you for being so generous. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your help in getting the documents.

A big thank you to No it's not, Beach and KateB for the tremendous amount of work they do to make sure we get the documents uploaded in a very short amount of time when the documents are released. Thank you very much.

Take Care,
Tricia

Thank you, Tricia, Beach and Kate! Kate and Beach are daily redefining the standard of the word "committed". I can assure you..

-Nin

The collaborative efforts by everyone here to ensure every single page is made available is to be lauded and commended.

Words cannot express the absolute gratitude I feel towards you all. It is so obviously clear that this invaluable effort means so much to so many. :grouphug:

I've witnessed this facet of the pursuit of justice for Dr. Sievers bring so many of us together in a global effort of transparency.

For those who have been "boots on the ground," interacting with the Clerk of the Court, navigating the fundraising efforts, continually updating us here as things change, (and last but not least, everyone made a donation), I send my heartfelt thanks to you all!

I hesitate to name anyone individually, for fear I might leave someone out :blushing:

I hope to learn how to catalog the data and help to contribute with the next Batch, as I've been unable to help out financially :( If there's a resource for this, please point me in the right direction. I am here to help!

The outpouring of love and support on Dr. Sievers' forum has been absolutely incredible. Her loss continues to leave me bereft, knowing how many people it has and continues to affect to this day. :rose:

Nin, I couldn't agree with you more. There is an unbridled level of commitment here that can not and will not be reigned in. This is what makes so SO proud to be a :websleuther:

:sleuth: on, everyone!

The light of truth and justice will never be extinguished!
:justice:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The collaborative efforts by everyone here to ensure every single page is made available is to be lauded and commended.

Words cannot express the absolute gratitude I feel towards you all. It is so obviously clear that this invaluable effort means so much to so many. :grouphug:

I've witnessed this facet of the pursuit of justice for Dr. Sievers bring so many of us together in a global effort of transparency.

For those who have been "boots on the ground," interacting with the Clerk of the Court, navigating the fundraising efforts, continually updating us here as things change, (and last but not least, everyone made a donation), I send my heartfelt thanks to you all!

I hesitate to name anyone individually, for fear I might leave someone out :blushing:

I hope to learn how to catalog the data and help to contribute with the next Batch, as I've been unable to help out financially :( If there's a resource for this, please point me in the right direction. I am here to help!

The outpouring of love and support on Dr. Sievers' forum has been absolutely incredible. Her loss continues to leave me bereft, knowing how many people it has and continues to affect to this day. :rose:

Nin, I couldn't agree with you more. There is an unbridled level of commitment here that can not and will not be reigned in. This is what makes so SO proud to be a :websleuther:

:sleuth: on, everyone!

The light of truth and justice will never be extinguished!
:justice:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome kimi_SFC! 🎉

Another New Batch of Docs to be Released

:doorhide:​

:heartbeat:

Thank you to the Websleuthers who take the time to obtain these documents, upload them, and index them. I understand that some people will not have the funds to contribute and that is fine! Having worked in the nonprofit sector for twenty years, what I most appreciate is how Tricia is VERY clear in noting that our donations are not tax deductible and she is very clear about what the funds will be used for. I personally like having the documents posted here in WS instead of having to root around in the newspapers.

So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I understand the discussion about waiting for press and all to release the info, however I am willing to contribute to get the info through WS. Because of an eye sight issue, I have a very hard time reading the documents most days. I rely on WS to read, highlight main areas and give breifs of the documents. I appreciate that so much and everyones comments. If in the future things change I understand. I feel contributing is one way to say thanks to all who provide the information, breakdowns and answer legal questions. I will go with the decisions of admin. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee