penalty phase #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want Jodi Arias to shake her head or mouth a single word during victim statements! She's done it countless times during closing, if she does it again today I really think the judge should reprimand her. :stormingmad:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-lawyers-wanted-to-withdraw-but-were-denied-207717531.html

So the lawyers wanted to quit after she was convicted, but were denied? What would she have done for the remaining part of the trial if this were granted?

Could this be something she could appeal her death sentence on (if it is given)? That her lawyers wanted to quit and were denied, so she feels they did not effectively argue for her life? Or maybe that's WHY they made the request! So she'd have another possible avenue to appeal?

I read yesterday (?) what appeared to be a reasonable response, although it may have been if JA had petitioned the court to represent herself, in which case the judge would have had to allow it, with her present counsel acting in an advisory capacity.

It may be that this late in the game, denying the motion would have deprived her of counsel with no other counsel in place and the judge was not going to allow the trial to be delayed any further.

Not a lawyer, but this is my best guess. Anyone out there with a legal background who can clarify this for us?

Disagree. Can you imagine how prejudicial it would be to have the jury presented with brand new attys immediately following their guilty verdict? Instant appeal.

Yep. It was their last ditch effort to help her avoid what's coming. Also I think they hate her.

From WAT 1 : Wow ... even though it is O/T WAT is tweeing about it ...

So for those who may have missed it : they caught the shooter at the Mother's Day Parade down here in New Orleans ... he's in :jail:

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

http://wildabouttrial.com/one_off/10-million-bond-set-in-mothers-day-shooting/ … $10 million bond set in Mother's Day shooting. #CriminalJustice #News #Law #Trial #court #AkeinScott

Really, HLN?? Replaying the 2-sec clip 6 times.... Obsess much??

I really hate HLN. IMO, that 2 minute silence was Juan's way of paying respect to Travis. To replay it over and over is to cheapen it.

From the Twitter:

3m
#JodiArias juror 13 actually wearing pants, dress shoes & a shirt that buttons. Just arrived @ ct w/o shorts/flip flops. #TravisAlexander

Showing respect for Travis' family and for the process. I love this jury.

Just posted - 10.24am on Twitter

jose miguel @reporterjmiguel

Samantha Alexander just seen weeping in the hallway before the session.

I have drifted in and out on these threads, I confess, but I tuned in today because I am hoping she gets up and drops her pretense. I hope she says I did it and I am sorry and I can never take it back.

Disagree. Can you imagine how prejudicial it would be to have the jury presented with brand new attys immediately following their guilty verdict? Instant appeal.

There's going to be an instant appeal anyway...for every reason they can possibly conjure. Whether a conviction will be upheld of course is another matter. She certainly wouldn't have been the first defendant with a different attorney for penalty though, for much the same reason. (And just an fyi, I can't recall in what context, but our beach works in the legal field. HTH)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

jose miguel ‏@reporterjmiguel 3m
Samantha Alexander just seen weeping in the hallway before the session.

Morning, Afternoon all! Made it home just in time.....prayers for the Alexander family today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3