penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Steven and Samantha know that they exemplify every positive attribute they saw in Travis. They both spoke beautifully and powerfully.

Detective Flores's kind, strong face also spoke volumes.

I cannot imagine that anything spoken by, or on behalf of, the murderer can possibly offset the agony she has caused so many. And I can't seem to define for myself how she looked to me. Almost like she was hearing these ideas for the first time, that she had caused this loss. She looked almost surprised and interested at times. How would you not just hang your head in shame to be the slaughterer Jodi Arias?

I lost it when Mr. Martinez and Det. Flores rose for Steven and Samantha.

Is it true that Juan gets to cross those who testify on behalf of CMJA?

Steven's story about his marriage breaking up and his little daughter having to get passed back and forth just leveled me to the floor. Shame on Kirk Nurmi, Jennifer Wilmot, ALV and Richard Samuels for the torture they put this family through perpetuating Jodi's lies, KNOWING there was NO PROOF of any of them, whatsoever. Was it worth it? Just because a client tells you a story does not mean you run with it, unsubstantiated. Indeed as an officer of the court, you have a duty not to put someone like Jodi on the stand if you KNOW what she is going to say is a lie. I believe they knew. I believe they all knew. Note we will not be seeing Samuels or ALV, as they are hiding their face from the light. May they all reap what they have sown. We wont be hearing from any sister who supposedly saw bruises, or Matt McCartney, we wont even be hearing from a brother, a father, an aunt, or .....wait for it....a mother. Traced art is not going to save the day. Jodi Arias will get the death penalty and be in her cell, alone, most hours of the day, have to take her meals alone, not be in the common area with others, have limited phone calls, limited visits. I don't care that one day her sentence may get commuted to life, but for as long as it is possible....she should have these severe situations. I did not notice what Steven said in the beginning about him having ulcers and being hospitalized several times over it, and nearly lost his life over it one time. Steven, Tanisha, Samantha and the others say they want her to get the death penalty. That is all I need to know.

Thank you Jesus for helping Steven and his wife find their way back to one another.

Exactly. There was no call for them to stoop that low. Intentionally lying to save JA didn't work, so at least there's that much. Wonder how many more lives this group will trash or ruin?

Id like to dedicate my daily Nova Scotia toast with Basilcat to to the Alexander Family today....

:toast: :cry:

me too dear Friend...
....for strength and justice for a beautiful family....
....may they feel the strength of their big brother's love enveloping them in an embrace through all that is warm and kind and beautiful..... a cherished love that lives on.... in their hearts, their memories.....forever...

HLN said a few days ago if she gets the dp and doesn't fight it she could be scheduled for 2017.

Seems too long, if she doesn't fight it, why not next week? Seriously, they have the facilities already, maybe they just need to order the meds. Shouldn't take 3 years.

Hard day.
What can the defense team say at this point?
Jodi was a good babysitter to Dan's kid? She's a good friend to a childhood pal? She can draw!?
Who cares?
After hearing these victim statements... Seriously...
Death Penalty.

Well said!

My husband and I were just saying the same thing. Can you imagine facing the end of your life (putting aside for just a moment that you committed a heinous murder), and all anyone can say of you was that you could draw, you were a good friend to someone back in your school days and your old boyfriend still liked you even though you dumped him? I am really sad, not with sympathy for Jodi, but at the thought of such a waste of the gift of life.

The stream into the courtroom is used by all online cameras. The cameraman is Dennis. hWild talks about him sometimes

Have you tried the strict nsfw filter? In Settings, depending on browser. Not sure how good it is ...

No but I will! Thanks!!

Seriously guys, where can I see lots of good pictures of Travis in LIFE? I can only seem to find one or two here and there.

ETA: And not video, I just want actual pictures. TIA!

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 1m

Y'all got to learn about the REAL # TRAVISALEXANDER today. The guy was awesome on 'nuther level.

I have to be honest- I never liked DB, nor found his testimony credible or honest- what is this mans problem?

I feel sorry for his ex wife... always have. What kind of a man downgrade's himself in a job (and pay) so he can basically <mod snip> a much younger girl/employee.

He had a young son and would have needed to pay child support for that child- he took 1. a cut in pay and 2. put himself in a position to get away with claiming much less income for tax/support purposes... if he so chose- I bet he did.

What a guy huh? Lie on the stand for a murderer. He must be so proud. I hope they show his face too- it should be mandatory- you want to speak? Show your face! I am... angry!

I don't think its fair their using her "artwork" as a mitigating factor...I mean some of it, if not all, is not even original. I know people can draw off of a picture without tracing but original artwork is not based off of a picture.

Reminds me of a Lockup episode where one man in jail actually painted landscapes or another where a man made sculptures and painted them! I would call those original. Jodi Arias as an artist is just a big joke :/

I agree. It's really, really, really bizarre that they're using it as one of the main 8 reasons to mitigate her case and more so that they're bringing it in for an art show. It kind of blows my mind. Clearly it shows they're scraping the bottom of the JA barrel since she has no redeeming qualities.
What a message it sends to future criminals, "Hey! Got nothing going for you? When you reach the penalty phase, just bring a few doodles along and we can mitigate you right off of death row (maybe)!" Let's get serious here American justice system!

How nauseating is it that we have to sit through a presentation of Jodi Arias' "art" when her family has been busy selling that same "art" for $$$$ for themselves? They sure ain't paying for her defense--the People of AZ are doing that!

Classless.

LOL I think Nurmi made a tactical error. He read off the list of mitigating circumstances for JA right before the victim impact statements. Her mitigating circumstances pale in comparison with the family statements about Travis. LOL Nurmi never once mentioned the word "serve" in connection with JA. Yet it is being said several times in the victim impact statements in connection with Travis. How he served, his community efforts, how he planned to serve.

IMO the Alexander family did a great job of speaking up for their brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner