penalty phase #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for peeps with mental health or medical backgrounds...

Could JA have been more emotional today with being medicated?

She appeared to be sedated and benzo's are commonly used for this purpose. When the VIS were being presented, IMO, JA was genuinely showing emotion.

It was also reported that after court was "unable to proceed" this afternoon, JA appeared to be heavily sedated and Wilmott was kneeling on the floor to speak with her.

Maybe she is on a short life benzo and they gave her another dose during break, which turned out to be too much for her?

Sigh...I want this to be over for the family, for the jury, for the taxpayers and to end the mockery this trial is trying to cast on the judicial system.

The VIS' were done very well. *tear* imo Jodi was crying because she thinks she is the victim here?

Abuse can encompass a wide range of things, like cheating for example.

According to some people, yes. I prefer not to water down powerful words like "abuse" by applying them to things for which we have other perfectly adequate words.

Everything Travis' amazing brother and sister said today touched me so deep it hurt. There was one that went real deep though and it brought out a thought so fast and so painful...

When Steven was talking about the last time he saw his brother, Travis was holding his little girl and he told his brother that she was the most beautiful little girl he had ever seen. What a gift to his brother, to say that. I wondered if that moment made him think about the day he would hold his own child. If that moment helped him make some of those decisions he wrote down for 2008, then 2009.

It hurt becuase Travis was robbed from experiencing one of the most amazing things on this earth and he would have made sure to feel every moment of it. It's the day of his own marriage and then the day that he finally held his own child. Could you imagine? He would have cried, he would have been over the moon, he deserved that. Travis deserved to hear the same beautiful words he gave to his brother. "Travis your son/daughter is the most beautiful child I have ever seen."

The more we know about Travis, the more we understand just how much he would have cherished of what was to come in his life. The next stage of his life had just begun, he sounded so excited and so ready.

All of these thoughts ran through my head when Steven said that one sentence. It just goes to show powerful Steven made Travis' presence in the court room today, besides making us understand just how his death has effected their lives.

Towards the end of May 2008, just a couple weeks before Travis was killed, he came to visit me at my house in southern California. He was so excited to let me read his intro to the book he was writing, the motivational book titled, Raising You.

Wasn't Travis supposed to visit JA in may according to her, but he never went?

Finally caught up on victim impacts from today. Wow, that was tough. I am glad JA shed a few real tears but I still don't buy that they are tears of remorse. Remorse over having to sit there and listen to these statements, maybe. Were the siblings told not to explicitly mention the (attempted) character assassination of Travis? I would have be ALL over that if it were my brother.

Such a sad day. Sometimes this world feels like madness.

Steven touched on it by saying he is tired of Travis' name being run thru the mud or something like that...I was sobbing heard most of both statements thru muffled sounds of blowing my nose and saw very blurry as I was wiping REAL tears for THEM that were pouring down my cheeks like some of those torrential showers we get here in Miami, Florida =(

I really don't care now if she gets DP or LWOP. I would hate for her to get DP and then play up every automatic appeal that they say she'll get. I almost would rather her be stuck in LWOP with no hope for the limelight in the form of the appeals process.
Maybe it's better that she has nothing.at.all to work on, to look forward to, no reason to interact with attorneys. Just nothing and just alone.

Just as Scott Peterson is taking advantage of his appeal! It wouldn't surprise me if she figures the DP is a quick way out in winning her appeal asap!

I got to see the victim impact statements. What a powerful and painful thing to see and hear. Since then, I have been working with no break so I have seen nothing else. How is it going?
Also, I saw jodi crying during the victim impact. I feel she is a tremendous actress at times. NONE of it is real to me. She knew she had to show tears and she acted as if this was a drama on t.v. that she could cry over. That's it. She's black hearted, evil and terribly abnormal.

It means that Travis and whatever other boyfriends were thrown under the bus during trial "abused" her.

Oh Please. He's going to pixx off the jury if he goes there! I think it would be wise for him to just drop that idea altogether 'cause the jury already rejected the defense theory and found her guilty. The abuse is a figment of Jodi's imagination, actually no....it's a flat out lie. There's no way in Hades that the jury is going to believe that she was abused - wooden spoon and all. Jodi chose to murder Travis because she couldn't have him. Not because she was abused. If he keeps dragging Travis through the mud, and pushes this abuse issue - he's going to send his client straight to the death chamber. If Nurmi doesn't understand now that the jury just isn't buying it, well....he's extremely thick headed and I'll leave it at that.

Finally... Strength and Peace to the Alexander family.

392359_542573609122044_1570025006_n.jpg

I got to see the victim impact statements. What a powerful and painful thing to see and hear. Since then, I have been working with no break so I have seen nothing else. How is it going?
Also, I saw jodi crying during the victim impact. I feel she is a tremendous actress at times. NONE of it is real to me. She knew she had to show tears and she acted as if this was a drama on t.v. that she could cry over. That's it. She's black hearted, evil and terribly abnormal.

Everyone waited around for an hour and a half and then told that we were finished for the day. Counsel was in chambers. A witness for JA wants to testify without her face being shown. Media has to leave courtroom for a closed hearing. Court will be back Monday at 10am.

oh WOW where can I get one of those!! :floorlaugh:

Lol! I can't remember exactly where I've seen one before *I say innocently* but I think it was at Mardi Gras or a football game. Is the booze bra company going to see a sudden influx of orders in the next few days?:floorlaugh:

I got the Blown Margins Blues. :guitar:

later that minute....Oh, thanks, you fixed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt