penalty phase #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA~ I was just asking the poster who suggested because the DT tried to quit this may be an issue.

They are trying to quit because they can't stand Jodi 10/10 days. :floorlaugh:

No she won't be. They showed up and did their job. It's very difficult to get a new trial for ineffective counsel and takes many years. OJ won't stand a snowball's chance either...

I'm still freaked out at looking at her cell.

That "mattress" ... No walls around the toilet.... Good god! I'd rather be dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the sink and toilet are one unit... So imagine you are brushing your teeth on the tank part. There is no privacy in jail. I am not proud by any means to admit I spent a few hours in Denver county... During my stay I fortunately had a cell to myself. I stayed up on the top bunk so I could see out the window to the other cells where my friends were also being held. For any of you that saw the lock up and remember daddy, well I saw a real life daddy washing her hair in that sink. I thought if I ever have to be in a place like that and have to wash my hair like that, I would rather throw myself in front of a train :scared:

Jfyi i was charged with disobedience to a lawful command, surprise :angel2: surprise!

In case you missed it, Jodi's mitigating factors went something like this:

1. Is a human being.
2. Has to wear glasses.
3. Is conscientious about wearing makeup.
4. A loyal Starbucks customer.
5. Didn't get everything she wanted.
6. Her beloved dog ran away.
7. Her last boyfriend died on her.

Awesome! But Mr. Nurmi left out a few others:

8. Proactively plans and conserves her use of fossil fuels.
9. Always saved her retail receipts to prove her honesty on tax deductions.
10. Avoided using too many public school resources, so as to make them available to less fortunate students.
11. Was routinely on time to work, when she was working. Wore a clean uniform, and bathed regularly.
12. Vigilant observer of her friends' private romantic encounters. Willing to go to extra efforts to surreptitiously observe their romantic encounters without expectation of personal gain.
13. Responsible firearms owner.
14. Entrepreneurial spirit promoting pre-paid legal services to downtrodden jailed population.
15. Adventurous and creative sex partner.
16. Has a mother.
17. Routinely circulates her entire blood volume, and conscientiously maintains a core body temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Pees 4 to 6 times a day. Has regular bowel movements.

:facepalm:

I think that if someone has committed such a horrible horrible crime that shows such rage, no remorse, lies & lies upon lies, premeditated, requires a stun belt in court, rumor that she lashed out at lawyers before her interview after verdict, is someone that doesn't conform to what's normal. I don't go around slashing people's throats, stabbing & shooting a person, it's not normal. If she was biting & eating everyone she'd have the Hannibal Lector mask on. She has abnormal tendendancies to lash out. Mom is living proof so therefore, mom doesn't testify... She's dangerous. Doesn't need to be in any society. It would cost tons more to watch her in General population if the sentencing isn't right. jmo

The sequence thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that thread deleted? It was pretty scarey there last night and the mod, Beach I believe was refereeing it for a while.

I thought someone said Jodi's "friends" would also be questioned by attorneys from both sides. Is that the case? If so, how are they going to tape statements instead of appearing in court? Or do they just give statements like the Alexander's did? I'm confused now.
I am hearing Juan will be able to cross examine both "witnesses", so there's no way they could prepare a statement. If they want to be unidentified, they'll just have to go the cowardly route DB already took.
I thought he was a liar on the stand, but a part of me admired the fact that he was sheltering his son from possible backlash. NOW we hear, he has no problem showing his face this time???? All credibility of that TINY part I liked about him is gone.

There are actually a few times where I thought Jodi was covering her mouth because she didn't know how to cry and had to force herself not to laugh. She is so awkward when trying to emote. It one point when the camera is up close, her eyes were happy. I can't describe it, it's so odd. I really thought "OMG, she is covering her mouth and laughing". Then I would see the calm come over her and she looked like she was mentally talking to herself to keep her focus on the statements and to act as she deems appropriate for the situation...as much as she is capable. She freaks me out. I work with people like her, but hopefully their evil doesn't extend to murder.

Psychopath's have no idea how to show remorse or any other emotion for that matter....all they can do is pretend or copy other people's actions. I really thought she was really very confused today on which behaviour to portray - thus the covered mouth.

That is it exactly. I wish I had seen Dr. D (I can't believe I said that)
They may have said something like this and I just went with it. I didn't even know if my post made sense. :facepalm: I really don't pay attention to the TH's. His co-host tonight is really rude. She kept butting in when other guests were talking..constantly. I turned it off.

So her childhood friend came all the way from California, held up court for an hour and a half and then court is canceled. That makes no sense. There's plenty of time left in the court day for her to say what she's going to say. Perhaps she changed her mind and DB wasn't scheduled to speak until Monday and therefore not there so they had no witnesses.

I know people want to place blame on the judge, but I can't see how it's her fault.

bbm

I agree, Meadow. Yes, the judge has a lot of authority in that room and beyond; she can control a lot of things that come up in the courtroom, but she can't control all of it.

Jodi is sick; Jodi has to be back at the jailhouse by a certain time; this expert witness can't be here until Wednesday due to other trial dates; this juror is sick today; that juror broke his ankle at lunch and is at the emergency room; this woman in the gallery threw up all over the place -- clear the gallery; etc., etc., etc.

Would anyone disagree that this judge is just as sick of this stuff and as pizzed at certain folks as we are? She has to deal with this kind of thing every day. She's not inexperienced or non-caring or nonchalant about it -- it's just life in the courtroom. I wonder how many times during this trial she has bitten her tongue and told herself to "just be calm, this too will pass." And she will have to deal with a couple of these folks again & again & again. We don't.
icon11.gif
No, she's not perfect, and neither is the world she lives in.

Just needed to say it.

ITA~ I was just asking the poster who suggested because the DT tried to quit this may be an issue.

They are trying to quit because they can't stand Jodi 10/10 days. :floorlaugh:
Yeah, I think her doing the post-conviction interview and throwing them under the bus for not using her manufactured evidence did it for them!!! Wilmott won't even look at her now, let alond put her hand on her shoulder or whisper to her anymore...

We don't know. All we can do is guess. I hope we find out soon though. I don't like suspend and I hope it has not been denied. I know if Juan wants this person there is a very good reason and maybe a surprise coming.

I really think it's the FOX reporter which would be the reason why the defence is claiming no disclosure. The prosecution just found out about this themselves and probably jumped on the supeona to get him in there to discuss his "interview" and how it came about.

MOO

It's strange...the huge jump between LWOP and the DP. LWOP still entitles most with tv privileges, social interaction, mealtimes with others, an education, a job, visitations, etc... The DP does not. In general, the DP is 23 hours of 24 in solitary and an hour a day for exercise/shower etc...From what I've read here (over many years) a lot of people who don't believe in the real DEATH penalty per se, are sometimes swayed simply because of the difference afforded the incarcerated criminal in their everyday life in jail. Maybe there should be DP "rules" without an actual lethal injection? Something in between LWOP and the DP as they currently stand?

Maybe it's time for a new and different type of sentence?

Just thinking out loud.

moo
Couldn't agree more!!!

That's an awesome solution IMO!

Thanks to everyone who kept me up to speed today with posting what happened. My son graduates from Law School tomorrow and we were attending activities this afternoon and evening. The statements from SA and SA where so powerful, how can anything one says after that, mean a thing!!!

Hey All..

Hopefully my post won't disappear again grrrr!!

I've been watching the replays of today's proceedings with the impact statements on HLN shows this evening.. I've got a theory I'll throw out (I've not read thru thread so if it's a Pete Re & Repeat don't yell lol)

Ok I feel like CCMJA was trying to bond with Steven & Sam during their statements almost eerily like even tho she's murdered Travis she still wants to be a part of their family. I especially felt this way watching her reactions to comments made about their Father, Mother & Grandmother like her body language was like I know terrible Dad died on Travis Birthday..Yes Grandma never did recover etc..

I don't know it was almost like she was trying to muster the appropriate reaction to what was being said that how horrific it must be for brother Steven to go thru nighmares his marital problems with his wife like her reaction was.. Well trying to immulate OUR REACTION to hearing his statement.

I felt almost like in the JodiLand in her head she was at another Memorial Service for Travis and trying to act like she too felt the pain of the family ALMOST like she too felt like she was ROBBED OF TRAVIS TOO glimpse of indignation of him being gone EVEN THOUGH SHE'S THE ONE WHO DID IT!!

Idk I had a much better post typed up before it *poof* but if you watch clips again let me know what you think it's like I was watching a scenerio where a kid who vandalized a car then gathered around scene with neighbors while Owner says I can't afford to pay to fix this, now I won't be able to get to work, why did this happen, this was the only thing left to me by my Grandmother etc and she's in crowd saying yeah.. this is terrible.. what a burden to you.. who could do this etc.. Like she originally did at the Memorial BUT SHE'S BEEN CONVICTED OF MURDER 1 AND FACING DEATH PENALTY NOW!!

It was very perplexing to me.. because it felt like trying to bond/share grief THAT SHE CAUSED!

Anyone else see that or think that? Or now that I mention it notice it in clips??
Just curious & JMO

YES, I had the same reaction and posted about it at the time. It was horrible. It was as if she were sitting at a memorial service and sharing the grief/pain...anything to emphasize her connection to Travis.

She's not connected to his family. She doesn't know them. But anything that they mentioned that she knew about him overwhelmed her. There must be something psychiatrists can learn about this condition, if they don't know it already.

I saw the 20/20 show you are referring to and I was surprised at how detailed everything was so maybe you have something there. Maybe there will be something on the 20/20 facebook page about it...or you could write to 20/20 and ask them. I wrote to another show a few years ago to ask a question and they actually contacted me and answered my question.

I saw that too Hatfield.. Did you notice that the 'hall' was kind of made of glass maybe for filming?

IDK but I'll tell you I wouldn't mind seeing the movie only because I'm curious how Lifetime is going to spin story/play it out because at the time they started filming CCMJA was still on stand lying out of her liehole..

Again I'll be working 12hrs a day during premier.. maybe I'll try to DVR it!

Of course it's Lifetime duh they'll play it once a week for the next 20 yrs :floorlaugh:

Was that thread deleted? It was pretty scarey there last night and the mod, Beach I believe was refereeing it for a while.

Yes, it was a wild show in there, all right. I just steered clear.

I think that if someone has committed such a horrible horrible crime that shows such rage, no remorse, lies & lies upon lies, premeditated, requires a stun belt in court, rumor that she lashed out at lawyers before her interview after verdict, is someone that doesn't conform to what's normal. I don't go around slashing people's throats, stabbing & shooting a person, it's not normal. If she was biting & eating everyone she'd have the Hannibal Lector mask on. She has abnormal tendendancies to lash out. Mom is living proof so therefore, mom doesn't testify... She's dangerous. Doesn't need to be in any society. It would cost tons more to watch her in General population if the wrong sentencing isn't right. jmo

I think the only way the Alexander family will ever have any type of peace of mind is if she gets the DP.

Awesome! But Mr. Nurmi left out a few others:

8. Proactively plans and conserves her use of fossil fuels.
9. Always saved her retail receipts to prove her honesty on tax deductions.
10. Avoided using too many public school resources, so as to make them available to less fortunate students.
11. Was routinely on time to work, when she was working. Wore a clean uniform, and bathed regularly.
12. Vigilant observer of her friends' private romantic encounters. Willing to go to extra efforts to surreptitiously observe their romantic encounters without expectation of personal gain.
13. Responsible firearms owner.
14. Entrepreneurial spirit promoting pre-paid legal services to downtrodden jailed population.
15. Adventurous and creative sex partner.
16. Has a mother.
17. Routinely circulates her entire blood volume, and conscientiously maintains a core body temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Pees 4 to 6 times a day. Has regular bowel movements.

:facepalm:

:floorlaugh: Yours are way better. :hoppingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members