Penalty Phase #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's DB interviewed today. He's bought the whole store of koolaid and drunk it all. Exclusive: Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend says what he couldn't in court

JA is good at what she does. Skye Hughes was saying how Travis believed JA was the greatest person for a long time.

oh wow. He did an interview?

I wonder if the DT "changed their mind" overnight, and decided to call mitigation witnesses, if this would preclude him from being able to speak? I had a notion that might happen. That, or some other bizarre, unexpected twist...

But can't this set up be seen by the appellate courts? Won't they be able to call the DT on this & deny any appeals?

How would the defense not calling any mitigating witnesses set up appellate issues?

The court has been very forgiving to the defense, IMO.

I cannot believe that Judge Stephens allowed the defense to cancel their two mitigation witnesses - on the day that they were supposed to speak in court. The Judge had asked the jurors to come to court today - the jurors did their job and showed up ready to hear the mitigation witnesses. Then, the jurors get to court and are told "we can not move forward today - please leave and come back."

Arias has had more than a fair trial - she has had a trial tailor made for her. I have never seen a trial "revolve" around the defendant in this manner.

Even in the OJ Trial - the fact that two people were murdered seemed to set the daily "tone" of the trial.

The State vs. Arias - on the other hand - revolves only around Arias.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxmpCSptl9s&feature=player_detailpage"]Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube[/ame]

Did anyone see Wilmott after the jury was dismissed? It is at 6:16 on the above video. She is watching the jury leave, looks down at her paper she is writing on and then her head pivots and it appears she gasps ever so slightly, and her eyes got just a shade larger, as if something went on over by the jury exiting? She hides her feelings and expressions so well, but I think something happened out of camera range that surprised her? Maybe KCL will know what that might have been.

I was thinking that very thing, CLEARLY she is not afraid to be in the public, if she is granting interviews and releasing press statements. She is, in the words of Mr. Martinez, my hero, "Courting the media."

Juan Martinez will have a field day with this little gem come appeal time.
Meanwhile, for the judge, I know this makes her grin. Nurmi can huff and puff, but he'll never blow the house down.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penalty Phase #12

LoL :floorlaugh:

ETA: The house that JUAN built I might add. :giggle:

Repeat? DB.

Exclusive: Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend says what he couldn't in court

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/art...ias-darryl-brewer-interview.html?sf13028897=1

eta, so what stopped him from taking the stand?

I see a man deeply conflicted. He does not know the arias that has done this thing. He is frozen in his thinking about who she was when he knew her. I have to tell you right now I feel bad for him. He really wanted to help her to show them the Jodi he knew.

She has lots of victims everywhere.

I've personally never seen art used as a mitigating factor.
Maybe her drawings will end up on a mimeograph for kindergartners to color.

I used to love the smell of mimeographed paper, and that lilac hue.....:floorlaugh:

I wonder if the DT "changed their mind" overnight, and decided to call mitigation witnesses, if this would preclude him from being able to speak? I had a notion that might happen. That, or some other bizarre, unexpected twist...

He said he was waiting to be called today, and it never happened. It appears it was the DT decision not to call him. It makes no sense really why they did that.

How would the defense not calling any mitigating witnesses set up appellate issues?

The court has been very forgiving to the defense, IMO.

I cannot believe that Judge Stephens allowed the defense to cancel their two mitigation witnesses - on the day that they were supposed to speak in court. The Judge had asked the jurors to come to court today - the jurors did their job and showed up ready to hear the mitigation witnesses. Then, the jurors get to court and are told "we can not move forward today - please leave and come back."

Arias has had more than a fair trial - she has had a trial tailor made for her. I have never seen a trial "revolve" around the defendant in this manner.

Even in the OJ Trial - the fact that two people were murdered seemed to set the daily "tone" of the trial.

The State vs. Arias - on the other hand - revolves only around Arias.

She can't force them to put on witnesses. She is the judge. The impartial voice. Her job is to make sure they do their jobs but not to tell them how to do that.

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube

Did anyone see Wilmott after the jury was dismissed? It is at 6:16 on the above video. She is watching the jury leave, looks down at her paper she is writing on and then her head pivots and it appears she gasps ever so slightly, and her eyes got just a shade larger, as if something went on over by the jury exiting? She hides her feelings and expressions so well, but I think something happened out of camera range that surprised her? Maybe KCL will know what that might have been.

I saw that too but my thought was that JW was reading on that pad questions JA wrote for her and she was answering them on the pad...but idk.

I can see it all now...she'll be like St. Joan of Arc bidding fond adieu to her few, but loyal, supporters before beginning her slow final trudge, stoic head held high, towards the waiting wooden stake. :coffeews: ....whatever

St. Jodi of Arias =
r-JODI-ARIAS-MIDDLE-FINGER-large570.jpg

Nurmi seemed to be baiting JSS to find him in contempt today, or at least threaten to. Instead, she remained her temperate, long-suffering self. I guess they didn't call DB because having the guy she dumped within one week of meeting Travis testifying as her only "friend" would be worse than having no friends at all appear.

Yep. ^^^ This^^^
Exactly!!
Moo.

Wow. He is much older than Jodi.

Jodi would absolutely want her family to testify on her behalf simply because it looks terrible to the jury that they're all in court yet notwilling to testify for her and because she has not one single other soul who will testify for her. Jodi's problem is that during the trial she threw every one of her family members under the bus with ugly aligations against them that each of them would be cross examined about and would either have to tell the truth that jodi lied and made up ugly things about her family members that she testified to (which hardly shows her in a good light and actually shows her in such a bad light that it would be more of a reason to give her the death penalty), or they would have to purger themselves in court.

The simple fact is that because Jodi chose to lie about her family members in court by making up terrible accusations against them that not a one of them CAN testify on her behalf whether they or Jodi would want to. The only people the defense was able to scrape up to testify for her were two people that bailed out when they found out they would be cross examined and anything unsavory about them would be brought out. I think the fact that they actually went to court ready to testify and suddenly bailed out shows that the defense didn't warn them about cross examination or they would have refused to testify when asked, and the defense would be stuck with no one to testify for Jodi that they could claim had ever existed.

I also find it surprising that not a word was said by the defense as to why DB wasn't testifying either since in Nurmi's closing he said there would be two people testifying on her behalf. He made up an excuse for PW but said nothing about DB, and the jury has to be wondering why he isn't testifying either.

At THIS point Jodi would give her eye teeth for ANYONE to testify on her behalf, and both her and the defense team should have thought about that before they allowed her to throw every person in her family under the bus during trial particularly since it wasn't necessary.

My two cents, which is worth nothing but the two cents, is that Jodi planned this. I do not believe she wants her family to testify on her behalf because until the very end she will believe she is somehow going to walkout of jail by getting another trial. I think the DT was still going to call DB but then Nurmi had his little tantrum and told the judge he would not bring forth any witnesses, so that Jodi will get an appeal granted. I say it was all planned by Jodi. She is nuts and still believes she will get out one day.

I AM STUNNED. Watching JVM--is anyone else watching this--and there is a female attorney that said she believes that Inmate Arias is going to get up tomorrow and ask for the death penalty. What makes this so troubling is that they reported DB was in Phoenix today and he told JVM that the defense did not call him.

You know, someone responded to me earlier in which they stated all of this today was staged (may be the post of the trial)--when I mentioned that KN's actions came across as a fit of temper.

If they staged all this chaos and BS, they should be disbarred. My god, have we come to a point in this country where the victims of crime can be repeated victimized without a thought by defense attorneys and their CRIMIMAL clients. :sick:

In this case, with this murderer and this DT yes we have. Their utilization of professional witness who at best have circumspect cv's and testing methods, to the 18 days of testimony who bobbed and weaved and lied. And on and on...

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 2 - Court in Recess - YouTube

Look at a couple of seconds before your mark. JA is yakking in her ear. She's reacting to JA, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83