Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not very impressed with KN and JW. They are trying to blame Mr. Martinez ..when in actuality it is CMJA's fault that she granted that interview and said she wanted to die -and soon. Not very smart of them.

wonder if CKJA called patty and they had a chat since patty drug issuies and such will come out in court. that they cook up this story patty is getting death threats. would like to see those death threats ,get her phone and check who called her .

We are not sure that is the reason. That id the DT's version of events. But Juan gave alternate reasons according to statements the witness made to him earlier.

But obviously if there were death threats that is outrageous and should be investiageted and someone charged with that offense.

something just occurred to me....maybe the death threats were from JA (and/or her ilk)....maybe they threatened her if she doesn't testify just so

:rocker: I totally agree !!!

She is a master manipulator and NO ONE would be safe anywhere near her ...

And she will continue to "trash and bash" Travis ...

She deserves the DP so she cannot harm Travis any more ...

And the sooner she gets DP, the better !!!

:jail::jail::jail:

Thou preacheth to thine choir, methinks. :rockon: Yea, verily we canst help but agree-eth with thee. ;)

:please:
She deserves the DP so she cannot harm Travis (or his loved ones or any other unsuspecting targets she may prey upon in the future) any more ...

No one's son, brother, or nephew is safe to predators like her.:jail:

For the safety of the general population, she must never be allowed access to anyone. Like a vicious dog who has savagely killed a human, she must be kept in a kennel until she dies or is 'put to sleep'. :moo:

The defense team saying the witnesses were intimidated by JM....is really saying this...

Prosecutor Juan Martinez makes people tell the TRUTH! He will not let witnesses tell half truths, lies, but ony allows the witnesses to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Not one person can say anything good about FJA....that REALLY saids a lot....her family included.

Her two so called friends.....there is so much more to it as to why they did not testify....oh yeah the word TRUTH...they must now understand that.

Defense Attorney's....have a hard job defending a criminal, or possible criminal.....however,
Attacking the Judge will not help their careers. There should be classes attorneys attend to make their point and not attack the Judge in public......and they should know better!!!!!

Last...get over it attorney's...media of today will always be around...deal with it.

:) thanks for letting put in my 2cents :)

That was brilliant of her. She saw right through the defense trying to call this very unlikely witness, KNOWING her drug arrests, etc. They KNEW what JM would bring out in her depo. this was not reinventing the wheel. They knew, and guess what the judge was one step ahead of them.

BBM
She sure was and she didn't even hesitate or give Nurmi's motions a second thought before denying them.

The Judge was already pizzed for weeks
The jury was already pizzed for weeks
The Attorneys have been pizzed for weeks
The Family has been pizzed for weeks
And we here at WS have been pizzed for weeks.

Same old / same old

Where is the proof? Were the death threats a'la Donovan or another of JA's cohorts? Also, JSS ruled that the witness could testify off camera. She's bending over backwards for this defense team.

KN said that Patti felt threatened not WAS threatened.

Just curious...

Does anyone know whether the jury was all dressed up today before they were sent home?

She has no say really.....she cannot control what DB does or does not do. I doubt it is that.

She could argue that their son is being picked on and humiliated by Darryl testifying. That might cause him to reconsider.

It never made sense for them to call PW - and now we know why they did. This ploy was in play as far back as when they added her as a mitigation witness

Her courtroom behavior, along with the zoned out NG appearances and what they knew would come out about her (not to mention they hadnt seen each other in years!) - they knew she would not make a good witness, and IMO knew they never intended for her to testify.

how come the DT did not gave an excuse to why DB could be there.

My guess? Her attorneys said she wasn't prepared to speak today (I know, I know) and out of an abundance of caution, judge gave them until tomorrow to prepare.

I wasn't watching, just following along here. Some said she appeared medicated. Guess she couldn't get up there and speak on her own behalf if she is on some sort of sedative/medication.

Today's defense tactic is making me nervous. I'm hoping they can't benefit from a mess of their own creating.

IMO, the judge should have prepared both attorneys before today that if for any reason any of the witnesses get done early or dont want to testify, then Jodi should be ready today.

No excuse for this madness anymore

Nurmi's like a schoolyard bully, he really makes me beyond :furious:

I think we've witness what has been going on in chambers all these months. I bet this isn't the first time JSS has witnessed a tantrum, and it probably won't be the last. It's just the first time we've seen it.

Think back to how he was with JA on Direct. Totally different person.

MOO

Mel

In fact, IMHO, from the moment court convened today she sported a mismatched seething smugness on her face that, given the outcome for today, speaks volumes. :banghead:

I agree-- she looked totally smug. She loves the drama, and getting to exact one more pound of flesh from Travis' family. Didn't think it was possible to loathe her more than I already did, but this AM got me there.

If a friend of mine was facing the death penalty and I believed that there was good in her, then yes I would testify as to why I believed that, threats or not.

IMO there is no witness intimidation. Look at polarizing politicians at local levels (city council members), state (members of state senate and delegates), federal (US Senators / Congressmen; Congresswomen).

My point is that there are many people in the public "eye" that receive extreme negative feedback.

If LaViolette believed her testimony - if her words are the truth that she believes - LaViolette should not have a problem. Look at Pat Robertson - he believes the statements that he makes and receives negative comments. Yet, it does not bother him because he believes he is speaking the truth.

LaViolette should be able to stand strong in her testimony - expressing the truth as she views it if she believes what she is saying.

Negative feedback does not cause a person to withdraw if a person believes that they are speaking the truth. If anything, a person such as LaViolette should take this opportunity to reach a larger audience. This trial has given LaViolette a great opportunity to get the attention of many people - thanks to this trial she is more well known. If LaViolette believes that she speaks the truth - LaViolette should not have any concerns.

The same with Arias' other mitigation witnesses - if they believe in Arias negative feedback should not deter them.

Just because a person does not agree with another person does not equate witness intimidation.

She should be! Nurmi's accusing her, the court, of failing to give the felon a fair trial on many occasions! I guess he really was napping in his reclinated chair, cause JSS did EVERYTHING to ensure this was fair fair fair!!!

His rantings today hit a new low, but I have to keep lowering the bar for this DT, so no surprise at all.

I've never seen judge this passed. That was a very unprofessional move on the DT ! You would think if they really wanted this done and over, they would not try to block everything.
They could have called Daryl brewer! But instead nurmi throws a tantrum. Juan's been amazing considering everything the DT has tried to sabatoge.

Beth says why not give defense the night to sleep on it. To make sure Jodi cannot claim she was unprepared to make her allocution or that it was based on presumption of Womack and Brewer testimony. Case has gone this long, it's just one more day.

The Judge is not to blame. The Judge is making sure that the proceedings are protected. IF she made her go forth today it could be an issue for later. by giving them the time she is protecting the penalty verdict.

She is doing a GREAT JOB!

There is a happy medium that allows the trial to move forward, protects the rights of the convicted, AND protects the rights of the state and the jury. This judge tried to find a balance but time and time again has not set boundaries on the defense simply because of her fear they might (note: might) make it into an issue later. That to me is not a "great" job. If they start losing jury members (which is what the DT is hoping for), that will not serve the state's rights. Handicapping one side out of fear is not what I consider doing a "great" job. There are things in her discretion and decisions she would be well within her right as a judge to decide, but she has taken whatever path it is to allow the DT to do whatever they want. Boundary management is a skill and an art and she struggles with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill