Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will go back to Estrella and have a "meltdown" sometime between now and tomorrow morning. Possibly even a suicide attempt.
Personally, I think Jodi is excited and gleeful about tomorrow - she wants to have the opportunity to smear Travis one more time and claim she acted in self defense due to his 'brutality'. It will be her last insult, and she's getting a big dopamine thrill from that. :moo:

Who is Brian?

Oh, I can't even think straight anymore. What is the ex-boyfriend's name again? Him. That is who I was talking about.

My brain is on overload right now. lol

Or as JA would say, "my brain is all scrambled and I'm feeling a fog rolling in" :floorlaugh:

ETA: DARRYL BREWER!!! I will go edit now! Thanks for catching my big screwup. lolol

My 2 1/2 year old grandson fake-cries more convincingly than CKja. I think it is even worse for CKja in the jurors' eyes that they see her entire family in court this morning and hear 'no mitigating witnesses for the defense'. If I were part of the DT, I would be paying the family to take the stand in her defense. Whatever they have to say or dis-prove as far as CKja's statements regarding her family life would certainly be less damaging than no one stepping forward to say anything or nothing. It's almost unbelievable. It has to be a ploy, because it is just too bazaar with them sitting right there. I just want it to be over for Travis's families sake. I no longer care whether or not she gets the DP, just lock her away for 40 years minimum and call it a day. Let's get this wrapped up before the holiday weekend. It would be fitting for the Alexander family to spend this Memorial Day all together in a resort setting and just reflect on good memories of Travis and be together for conclusions's sake and return to 'their new normal' lives and not have to still be in Arizona dealing with their beloved brothers killer. This trial is and has been one of the craziest I can remember following. :scared:

You know, now I'm wondering if Jodi tipped the DT's hand on her basement interview. She said her lawyers told her she didn't have any mitigation case. I chalked that up to Jodi's skittish nature where the truth is concerned. But what if she really heard them say that? Would foreknowledge of this whole set up make her attorneys look bad in front of the AZ Bar?

Jodi knows she'll get an appeal--it's the death penalty for goodness sake. But she just might have really, really wanted to take Kurt and Jenny down with her.

I think this is in line with her reasoning that everything that happens is the fault of everyone else.

Don't agree. She is too overly cautious because she does not have criminal trial experience. A high profile DP trial shouldn't be given to a judge with no criminal trial experience. I have seen other DP trials and seen NOTHING like this. She isn't a bad judge by any means, but her inexperience in this type of law is showing IMO

She's been trying criminal cases since 2004.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g.../Judges/judicialBio.asp?jdgID=105&jdgUSID=217

Citations, they come in handy.

At this point the fault/blame/responsibility belongs squarely on JUDGE SHERRY STEPHEN'S shoulders for continued delays. It's HER courtroom and it's HER rules. If she would put her foot down and mean it and hold true to it then the trial would proceed. You can't expect a defense team (any defense team) to bend over backwards to 'help' get their client convicted and sentenced to death. Of course they're going to try delay tactics! Smarmy? Sure. Rare? Not so much.

In the end it comes down to the JUDGE. And THIS judge has shown some real weaknesses and the DT is exploiting them, as any DT would do, given the opportunity to do so.
I totally disagree. The defense team has gone out of their way, at every avenue, to derail and delay this trial. This is a death penalty case and the Judge has gone beyond out of the ordinary to appease these buffoons. From the very onset, this defense team has gone out of their way to totally screw their client out of any semblence of a decent defense. Their courtroom antics...including today's disturbing display of disrespect speaks for itself.

I lay blame on the delays equally on BOTH JSS and the DT!

Mitigation: This is JSS' first DP case.

Aggravation: Purposeful delays on the part of the DT as a part of their strategy.

Summary: Regardless of reason, jury has got to be spitting mad about the ridiculously slow pace of this trial and frequently heard "thank you for your patience!" and "we will start PROMPTLY at ..."

Can JA decide right now to fire her DT? Could this be part of the strategy. (there has to be one. right? ) That would certainly bring things to a halt for a few days anyway. It looks bad to the jurors all her family being there and no one taking the stand for her.

No, she can't. She can try, it would be rapidly denied. She can take many issues up on appeal for many years. There are Attorney's who will take over as this is truly the end of the line, even if it feels like we're still not at the finish line.

I think her side has had such wide latitude to tell stories that went on for weeks, they were never stopped, they made this nearly a 6 month trial. It's just one of those things where they throw everything in the world against the wall including the kitchen sink and nothing would stick.

:what:
"Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis
#HLN saying family is sticking to Jodi Arias Mit Factor #4 "No support from family" instead of standing to cry for leniency"

Wont work tho because their presence there throughout this trial says something different. I would take it as they feel bad for their daughter and want to be there for her but dont condone what she did to poor Travis.

What if your life was being threatened? Would you?
Consider this at least.

You are making the assumption that the rumors are true, when as the Judge stated without her there to speak for herself on why she now does not want to testify there are numerous reasons up to and including her not wanting to be discredited due to drug and other legal issues. The judge did offer to allow her to testify in a way to protect her physical appearance. Which is kind of ironic considering she has been on HLN AND as an observer in the court room. Her face was already known.

Would you be willing to at least consider this is yet another defense or JA stalling tactict?

:what:
"Justify Travis ‏@JustifyTravis
#HLN saying family is sticking to Jodi Arias Mit Factor #4 "No support from family" instead of standing to cry for leniency"

Then why are they in court? :waitasec:

AZ State Bar Rule 8.2 re Rules of Professional Conduct:

ER 8.2. Judicial and Legal Officials
(a) A lawyer shall not make a statement that the lawyer knows to be false or with reckless disregard as to its truth or falsity concerning the qualifications or integrity of a judge, adjudicatory officer or public legal officer, or of a candidate for election or appointment to judicial or legal office.

I don't think it was an accident that JW didn't utter a peep today.

.....and, is Mr Busdriver aware of this?.....:floorlaugh:
Oy vey. Mr Internet Man was very helpful. We have a new router that works properly and everything. And he even gave me his number, yes really :floorlaugh:

in case we had any problems with the new router. Our first date was the best!!!!!

Anyone know who this regular trial watcher "Chris" (male) is on HLN? Said to get on with it, jury probably made up their minds for death already.

When Jodi takes the stand to speak, can she say she wants to fire her lawyers at that time? If she did, what would happen?

Pics of Jodi and PM (teenage/wedding) were sold to someone. More than likely a huge network. :silenced:

Anyone know what, "She didn't report that income" means? Juan said it in reguards to a PIX??
How would a pix show income?

Her art will be hung in a courtroom packed with people who hate her. Not quite the same as having it hung next to Monet, but I guess it'll have to do. :floorlaugh:

She needs the extra night to attempt to draw something original;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's PATHETIC that Arias and her team KNEW what they were doing last week, they KNEW calling Womack would be a DISASTER, they KNEW Juan would go after her credibility and the Defense called her intentionally IMO. Then as far as sympathy for the Arias family, NOPE. I have NONE. It is THEIR MONSTER they created in Convicted Murderer Jodi Arias. The parents are the Shepard's of their children, it is OUR responsibility to make sure our kids get help if they need it and NOT just allow them to move out whenever they have a temper tantrum and they don't get their way. No, GOOD PARENTS get their kids the therapy and the help they need and they take the time and effort to take care of their children. The Arias parents let her move out as it was easier on them and by doing so, they created this monster. I have NO sympathy for them at all. Jodi abused her brother, her mother, took advantage of them...NOPE no sympathy. This game the defense is playing isn't going to work, no appeals court is going to see this as anything but a PLOY and a RUSE by the sorry Defense and DENY, DENY, DENY. It's over, no more $2500.00 a day fro the Defense attorney's a piece off the backs of the Taxpayers of Arizona. and this Judge, don't even get me started on this Judge...she has allowed this behavior from the Defense since the beginning, now look at the monster SHE has created! No respect for the court, the judge, the process. It's a circus at the expense of the Victim, TRAVIS VICTOR ALEXANDER and his poor family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela