Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, I finally saw one of your tweets & am now following you. I almost lost my mind trying to find out if something was wrong with my computer when I couldn't get on :scared: I don't post much but I read constantly, & just couldn't get through listening to the garbage coming from cmja without y'all's company!

HA! I thought the IT guys at work shut down access to torture me... Little did they know I brought my iPad as backup :blushing: I finally found beach on twitter too!

God help us all.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 11m
Actually folks, I'm not the only one doing an interview with Arias tonight. She will be talking to ABC, NBC and AP among others.

Why would the judge lift the ban now???? Was that part of the closed door meeting this morning?

I just saw a profile pic of CFJA. Did her nose grow? I'm serious!

:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar:

Maybe the inmates at the prison will watch the interviews and give her their own form of justice.

Nah, that'd make her a martyr. I hope they wait for a few months, till after the verdict, before the go all medieval on her............ you know what.

I'm not going to watch any such interviews. I'd rather watch old woman knitting or fish spawning.

Just curious if JC was on the list of reporters to interview Jodi. JC sure was fit to be tied about AZ allergies, which I do think she has---not crying for Jodi. But she sure over-reacted to tweets...just sayin'.

I know Vinnie is not on the list...lol.

I'm laughing my *** off at all the posts about not watching....In a few hours this board will be nothing but, "Can you believe she said....."

Perhaps you are right. I hope you are not, at least here. I won't be watching.

I don't understand what truth or insight people think they will get from a glib, manipulative liar. Maybe it's the entertainment factor?

HOORAY I AM NOT BANNED!!!!

Seriously, what a relief. I am tickled other people thought the same thing!

The one factor which was not mentioned was the danger Arias would present to her fellow inmates. A person who appears perfectly normal who is capable of incredible violence over ... what? A trip to Cancun? Someone telling on her?

That last one would endanger every snitch in prison.

I loved Juan's argument that society punishes the first vicious murder because, in effect, if they didn't, everyone would be entitled to a "free one."

My heart broke when he said Travis would never be older than 30 and the heartbreak on his sisters' faces was just unbearable.

Jodi Arias had the gall to say that she would have to give up Christmas and having a baby. Give me a break. If they don't kill that monster, she will be married by proxy and pregnant through the mail. As far as I'm concerned, every thing she said she could do in prison repelled me. In fact, it made me even more certain that death is the proper sentence for her so she is not marching around with a "survivor" T-shirt while Travis lies in a coffin.

If only they still had the electric chair!

Bravo Anagrammy....and so well said. :seeya:

She doesn't deserve even ONE pleasure in life, even if it's just breathing the fresh air in the prison yard. She will find a way to thrive in prison, and not because she's "St. Jodi of Arias" like she tried to sell the jury, but because it's how she rolls. She can't exist without being the center of attention, so I am praying she gets the DP so that she has only her her own ugly thoughts to entertain herself with for 23 hours a day until execution day rolls around.

I do feel bad for her family, because although they have not presented themselves in a very positive way, I don't blame them for what she is. There's no fixing what's broken in her no matter what they may have done or not done. I think that she would have been a psychopath/sociopath no matter what her upbringing was. The way she trotted them out and used them today just to save her sorry self was sad.

do not sentence her to death because of the lies???? No, sentence her to death for butchering a human being after manipulating him and everyone else. And he fact that she did that and is doing it until this day. Blame the parents for Boderline personality disorder? Why? They didn't know, she was just a horror, no one told them or explained it to them. That little girl abused her parents, I'm sure of it. They were afraid to approach her. They just didn't know. Easy to say they should have gotten her help, but to backtrack, there was no criminal history. She was a teenage horror.

Don't you love how Jodi asked the jury to spare her life NOT for her, but for her family. Then she has Wilmott do the dirty work for her, and she then went on to blame her family. So which one is it Jodi?? Or do you have the same love/hate relationship with your fam that you supposedly did with Travis...in that case you better stay locked up or else your fam will suffer the same fate Travis did.....

(insert sarcasm font here)
Yeah, then they can all read The Secret and JA can help develop a whole prison full of "magical thinkers" who avoid reality and only write positive things!
BARF!

What happens if she brings the BIG FOG into the prison?

It's an entity in itself. FOG may kill the prisoners.

BBM

Exactly.

By lifting the ban on interviews, JSS is permitting this despicable murderer to continue to spew her lies & to continue to inflict pain & suffering against Travis's loved ones.

I've silently supported JSS until this point, but I strongly disagree with this decision.

I've always believed JSS is pro defense, and if jury comes back with life I do not think this judge will give her LWOP. JMO.

God help us all.

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 5m
Convicted murderer #JodiArias doing 4.5 hours of interviews TONIGHT while she waits for for life/death sentence.

NG just made a great point. After using God all through this trial, and during her relationship with Travis, Jodi did not mention God ONCE during her plea for her life!

I have a feeling He's going to become much more important to her in the coming days.

May God have mercy on her soul.

Listen, Lets not trash the interviewers. This is their job. This is what they get paid to do.

They can not turn this down.

Let her spew. She is in the death throes. She is going down and putting making that last ditch effort for survival.

She is not important. She can say what she wants.. NO ONE BELIEVES HER. NO ONE CARES. SHE IS A SIDE SHOW.. FOCUS ON GOOD THINGS!!!

Really, Don't let her steal your joy. Listen to her, or don't. But don't let her steal your joy.
I disagree. It is like a defense attorney. Yes they can turn it down, if they had a soul.

I'm not sure the judge had much choice about lifting the ban on interviews. Some THs - including Beth K - said it was actually not enforceable due to 1st amendment rights.....but the jail agreed to comply.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 11m
Actually folks, I'm not the only one doing an interview with Arias tonight. She will be talking to ABC, NBC and AP among others.

Why would the judge lift the ban now???? Was that part of the closed door meeting this morning?

pizzed as I am about it, there might be valid constitutional issues that they can't prevent it.

blame ABC, NBC, AP & Fox.

I'm not surprised the judge lifted the ban on interviews...

It sucks for the fam, but it was the right call imo...

I hope the jurors stay up late and watch every one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper