Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought I would go to bed at midnight. UGH, It's like watching a car accident.

As interesting as I find watching trials, in some ways I see your point. There was a horrific murder in Canada years ago and there was a gag order on the entire thing. There was a tremendous amount of interest in the case and no one found out anything until it was completely over.

I think if there could be more control it wouldn't be so bad, but this case has way crossed the line and when the defendant is on the interview circuit while the jury is deciding her fate - something is truly very, very wrong.

I have NEVER seen any trial in Arizona go this way. I think CMja exploited every legal right given to the accused. Where most defendants want a fast and speedy trial, and many file appeals for not receiving them, CMja didn't even have a "story" to cover her crime for the first 3 years of her detainment. She refused to cooperate and her lawyers dropped off, one by one. Then, what may seem like "one hand washing the other", she cries that justice will be slowed to a crawl if her main dude (Nurmi) quits and she has to have new representation. Nurmi gets a nice fat pay raise to stay and CMja gets to keep her attorney....and stall even more.
The Sheriff has always had provisions for inmates and the media. Unfortunately, because CMja has exploited THAT right, quite possibly, that will be reviewed and changed.
Does CMja think she will garner the attention of the "Innocence Project"? Maybe a high dollar defense attorney to handle an appeal? In her world, it's a reality. She had Donald Trump paying attention to her.....Boy, oh boy! I'm sure she believes that thousands of abused women will demand her release, they will storm Perryville and set her free, no doubt!
CMja will probably never accept the fact that people are "fascinated" by her, not because she claims "abuse", believes she's the prize of the "wife lottery", she is incredibly intelligent, talented, or drop dead gorgeous, because, she is none of those.
CMja only catches our attention because we are appalled, disgusted, and enraged, that a human being can be so filled with everything that repulses the very nature of us. We are heartbroken and sad, learning more of the life of one she took, who we have all wished we had known or been able to call a friend, someone who had so much to give, and made us feel that we too can do more, be more, give more.
CMja has reminded us that there are indeed "predators" among us. They come in all forms, they are selfish and greedy, they have no boundaries, and no conscience. They are true evil.

For all of CMja's efforts in destroying a man's reputation, she has given us an example of a good man, a human being with challenges and struggles, a man who's many qualities will not soon be forgotten, and has probably changed lives just in the course of this trial.
I will not thank her for this, or taking the life of Travis Alexander.:moo:

Sorry for jumping in and out, I'm soooo trying to catch up :blushing:.

I'm watching Wilmott's last hail mary, and I must say it's about what I expected. Just a few more potshots at Travis and his family what the hey. I swear these defense attorneys will go down in my books as two of the most despicable representatives of the "cough, cough" law that I've ever seen. Cheney and Baez got nothin' on them, even if you throw in Linda Kenny Baden.

Watch the killer's face at around 26:00 when Wilmott says she lied to the family. She closes her eyes like she's annoyed with Wilmott saying that. I think her fury against this family knows no bounds, JMHO. I can't wait until she's caged where she belongs.

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 3 - Part 3 (Closing Statements) - YouTube

ETA: Another Wilmottism "If either one of them had sought help for the relationship they were in, none of us would have been there". Brilliant. She's not a very eloquent speaker. Let's all remember "So....you can't get any more information from a person when they're dead". :floorlaugh:

AND another one "this is not something that she's done over and over again". You can NOT make this stuff up :floorlaugh:.
Willmott also said Jodi put Travis on a "pedi-stool" --her version of a pedestal, perhaps?!

Re: Criticizing the media for conducting interviews.
They are doing their job when they conduct an interview, whether we like the person they are interviewing or not. And yes, their job is to increase viewers. ABC, NBC, HLN - these are businesses, not public service entities. If they did not think anyone wanted to watch a specific person being interviewed, they would not bother to do an interview.

For the most part, I have appreciated the media coverage of this case. And the Casey Anthony case, even though I didn't like the way it turned out.

I guess the way I look at it is that if the newspaper or the TV network does not do these interviews, then they won't even be around in the future. (Like the late Court TV, which I still miss so much!) So I just try to keep it all into perspective.

Thank you. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm embarrassed to admit to the fact that I am totally obsessed with Jodi Arias! Moreso than any sensational, high profile case I can remember. As a young psych major in college, the first textbook we were introduced to was Albert Cleckley's "Mask of Sanity". As an 18 year old, I poured over it until the pages were dog-earred. I began to suspect ALL of my friends of either having sociopathic or psychopathic tendancies, lol. I quickly decided that the subject matter was too dark for me, and switched over to early childhood education - a much happier place to be.

IMO, Jodi Arias is without a doubt the greatest study in psychopathy. Her chameleon-like behavior is classic. She floats back and forth from sociopathy to psychopathy. She is cunning, manipulative, and good at what she does. I only hope the jury has not fallen victim to her evil ways. She is incapable of being rehabilitated, IMO, and should never be allowed back into society. She has no conscience.

My stepfather was also a psych major, and ended his career as a superintendent of public schools... Every person that comes into or around my family is quickly diagnosed as socially inept, or his new fav is "some mild form of aspergers." IQ is also a big deal to him... Which reminds me Jodi's 119 isn't that impressive... At least by my dear step fathers opinion. :seeya:

omg some one goofed!!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130521jodi-arias-verdict.html

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Tue May 21, 2013 12:58 PM

DO NOT PUBLISH UNTIL SENTENCING VERDICT IS RETURNED!!!

TK hours after getting the case, a Maricopa County Superior Court jury came back with a verdict of TK for Jodi Arias, 32 who killed her sometime lover, Travis Alexander, 30.

It has been nearly five years since Travis Alexander’s friends found him dead in the shower of his Mesa home, June 9, 2008. He’d been there for five days and was already showing signs of decomposition. He’d been shot in the head, stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit, though the defense prosecution debated the order in which he’d received those wounds.

... quick read the rest b4 they realize what they have done!!!

Please excuse my ignorance...what does "TK" mean???

i know, but w/ everything she is saying, she is just making sure she will never win an appeal

when the judge raised the ban on interviews, JM should have made a 'motion' that a copy of all the raw data from any interview is required to be sent to him and kept on file for any appeals.

Goodnight all. Can't wait to read in the morning.

She said her brother married ? The one in court? Or is there another.

Oh, ugh. I started watching some of the interview segments and they aren't even interesting, so I stopped watching. They're just dead boring and flat; she isn't even acting fake vivacious. Same kind of stuff we've heard before but more things about what she plans to do in the future or how she (pretends to) feel. I just can't make myself care anymore about what she says. I've heard much more outrageous bs from her. I don't think she can top pulling that "survivor" shirt out today for heinousness, so why bother?:dunno:

Going through verdict options .. life = helping people, death = appeals. And yes, she wants to go through the appeals options.

She doesn't think she got a fair trial (of course) she says circus atmosphere .. here kettle, meet pot .. he asks her why she's so hated, reiterates the mob mentality thing, asking him about how sensational it is.

If you could say something to Travis what would that be? She refuses to answer 'right now' and she wouldn't date Travis again, they were oil and water and brought out the worst in each other. He says the perception is Fatal Attraction, and she blames Travis for that, but doesn't hold it against him (WTF) .. was she posessive, no she was too permissive!!!!

Former boyfriend .. DB .. he says you've changed, do you think so? She thinks she changed, but naive, she really blames Travis trying to paint him as some kind of monster! Like the bad mistrustful boyfriend that screwed her life up.

What's the worst part? The pain she's caused.

Growing up .. did you think you'd find yourself the focus of a murder trail?

She doesn't read true crime, guess that one was for us ..

He asks her how she deals with the fact that she killed someone. She feels ugly, but it was just one day. Hard to face, still processing.

Will you be able to forgive yourself. She thinks she'll 'get there'. Sheesh.

She says she's not deeply religious at this point! She believes in heaven and hell, doesn't believe in hell. Forgiveness, mercy .. she thinks she can earn redemption with grace .. her cold sore is coming back.

She can't imagine Travis' family forgiving her, she hopes they will.

Still going ... she looks ugly.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130521jodi-arias-talks-before-sentencing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove